Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Character Classes Closing?

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Hey there!

So I've just noticed this news post on MapleStory's website:

Basically, they are closing most of the new classes, so you won't be able to create them.
The classes are:
  • Aran
  • Evan
  • Mercedes
  • Phantom
  • Demon Slayer
  • Cannoneer
  • Mihile

So... what do you think is the reason behind that? And does anyone know if this is going to be permanent? I think that's a really weird move from Nexon. Maybe they are trying to set the ground for the new classes? I'm really not sure...

Anyway,
Discuss! :wink:

Reaction score
You mean there's a chance that Nexon might've realized they're creating way too many classes?
Naw, that could never happen.
Probably they'll just start selling tickets to create those characters through the cash shop.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
This was already known.

< you can see which are limit.

Peter, they wont do that, they only come back during events.

Reaction score
You really think Nexon won't sell those classes in the cash shop? They did it before with dual blade if I recall correctly and they'll do it again. This is Nexon we're talking about here, that greedy corporation that wants to get all your money.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nexon will revamp these jobs...

Reaction score
Nexon is filled with a bunch of money suckers, they want your money, and they will continue creating new classes like they did with DB's and force you to buy skills with NX. When they close a class, they will create another in its place(using events) and so on. That, or they realized there was absolutely no point in new classes and they were just trying to draw in new players.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
>Close job (Lock) it for a while

>Reopen after a month or two

>Everyone's making one b/c ofv there will be an event for them

>70% chance people buy NX (lots of MS fags buy NX for every char)

>Nexon Profits

>DUH

Exactly! :D

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Can't really be mad at Nexon for being Jewish off of their game.

JavaScript Is Best Script
Reaction score
Im guessing either the job classes are too imbalanced or there are too many exploits in these job classes.

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
No exploits, just exploiting kids to make money.
So true. This is what nexon thinks in my OPINION and what they said in the meeting

Director of Maplestory ( I seriously don't give a fk but i think they have a director or someone doing it as a leader ): Guys we will be closing all the jobs for Legends, Hero, Evan, Aran and Phantom. We need more money so why don't we do this. Let us close it at some point so that people will pay at least 3k NX for creating a Job. We make money from this and those people keep wasting their own money to buy Prepaid Cash. Isn't it great. Like taking Candy from little kids who waste so much money on Games. Hahaha

The fellow team: Why don't we do this for the jobs coming forward after 1 week of release we take it away during the server maintenance and just do it as follow for some easy money. As I said we going to make money on this project. Think about it 4 - 10 million people register and around 65% will waste money on it. around 6.5 Mil x $3 ( = 3k NX). In this situation we will get 19.5 Mil. Awesome stuff so why don't we do it.

I am just babbling about what Nexon will be doing when they close those job creation. This is just my POV but we will see what will happen in the future.

Moongran
Reaction score
people should stop being mad about Nexon wanting money, its a business, and if not for money, they wouldnt have made this game.
true, I dont like some stuff they do too, but its their job and they work for money, not because they enjoy killing slimes.

I doubt they will make some jobs CS only though. it sounds really lame lol, even for Nexon

Have Fun!
Reaction score
people should stop being mad about Nexon wanting money, its a business, and if not for money, they wouldnt have made this game.
true, I dont like some stuff they do too, but its their job and they work for money, not because they enjoy killing slimes.

I doubt they will make some jobs CS only though. it sounds really lame lol, even for Nexon
I think they passed the "fair business" point long time ago. Now it's just being a profit-lady-money-making-machine. The commercialization is pretty much everywhere in MapleStory now. Almost everything is about how much you pay. Those who pay will mostly be better than those who don't. You pay to win.

Moongran
Reaction score
I think they passed the "fair business" point long time ago. Now it's just being a profit-lady-money-making-machine. The commercialization is pretty much everywhere in MapleStory now. Almost everything is about how much you pay. Those who pay will mostly be better than those who don't. You pay to win.

what's your point? this is how nexon makes more money, this is good for them, so they intentionally made it be this way.
I don't like it as well but that doesn't change the fact that the game is made for them to make money.
I agree about the 'fair' business thing, but yeah they don't care at all

Can't kilean the zilean
Reaction score
i reckon, one of us should get a job @ nexon and leak information here so we dont have to keep speculating.

Back