Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

i have no clue where to put this but i need help with my router.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So. My dad decided to be a penis, and block Nexon/maplestory on netgear. Now i have no way to get on Nexon.net. I tried using a proxy but that doesnt work. we currently use a netgear one. The old info was the default admin password. Is there anything i can dooooo

Last edited by a moderator:
至死不渝
Reaction score
If it was that simple, he wouldn't of posted a thread...!

Can't you just play via the launcher installed on your PC?

Don't think he can proxy or anything like that since it's not the host server blocking his ip, but rather he himself getting blocked. He'll probably have to hack the router or something imo

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why did your dad block Nexon in the first place...does he not want you playing video games or some poop?

Because it looks like you'll be playing in Starbucks now.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or maybe it's time for you to stop MS.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
On a positive note, I'm not sure how your father would even block MS especially on your router.

Resetting the router only gives you a temporary solution?

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Usually my password is at the bottom of the modem (so netgear modem) - that's how I get into my netgear router settings. If that doesn't work, it'll be very difficult for you to get past the blocks. Contact ISP?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
just connect to router webpage? (your default gate way)

and i think it should be advance setting, parents control (Site/Web block)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Buy a cheap modem, use it when to play MS, hide it when your done.
Buy a wireless receiver, steal neighbors network, hide it when your done.

There might be a hard reset (clears modem info) somewhere on the router (a small button perhaps) press and hold for whatever amount required...

My high school days where the same... except I always outsmart my parents.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Buy a cheap modem, use it when to play MS, hide it when your done.
Buy a wireless receiver, steal neighbors network, hide it when your done.

There might be a hard reset (clears modem info) somewhere on the router (a small button perhaps) press and hold for whatever amount required...

My high school days where the same... except I always outsmart my parents.
LOL...good info here.

But yeah, definitely try a hard reset. Usually, like XiuzSu said, there should be a tiny button that you need to press with a pin/pen/tiny object. This will restore everything back to factory settings, when the router was first purchased at initial setup.

Make sure that you rename the network the same as how it was before, same poop with the password! And if you ever figure out how the blocks were put up, you can put up the blocks again but make it block something else except nexon, if it does block ports...

Don't get in trouble, either <.<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this section so dead that the mods won't even move this to the correct section, let alone answer it under "MAPLESTORY Discussion"?

o______o

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is this section so dead that the mods won't even move this to the correct section, let alone answer it under "MAPLESTORY Discussion"?

o______o

Does this go under JAVA help? Does it go under alternative LANGUAGE help? Does it belong in any development sections or wz editing?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Does this go under JAVA help? Does it go under alternative LANGUAGE help? Does it belong in any development sections or wz editing?
Can't it be left alone in this section?

Back