Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development of a new 2D MMORPG, similar to MapleStory

Status
Not open for further replies.
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
After years of programming on C#, and Java, and dealing with updating packets, coding
lots of projects and what not, i started a new project called Planet Auro, which is planned
to be smilar to MapleStory in gameplay, the private server sources (c++ / Java) inspired me
a lot in making this, as well as the game itself, MapleStory.
I would like to have some suggestions from you guys, like things you didn't have in MapleStory
or would like to change, to make this game even better.
And yes, I have the knowledge to build such a game, I'm creating this alone right now.
The progress is poor as i started it recently, here is a video showing some of it, again,
I know the progress is poor but I am progressing real fast.

-Sorry if my English may be a bit poor, since it's the first time I post a video, talking in it.

I'm pretty sure it's related to here because i need suggestions from the MapleStory community here, I know there may be people greater than me.

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a nice login screen..but I'm confused what the game is going to be like..Is it gonna be like MS but It's going to have diffrent movements or something? If so..MAKE IT SO THE MAX LEVEL(If Its going to have levels) BE 999. :D.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
It's a nice login screen..but I'm confused what the game is going to be like..Is it gonna be like MS but It's going to have diffrent movements or something? If so..MAKE IT SO THE MAX LEVEL(If Its going to have levels) BE 999. :D.

It's game play style is going to be very similar to MapleStory's, I already planned the story of the game,
the characters, the systems, how things will look and etc, it was all written in a document before i started
coding it, so yeah, well I'm pretty sure the Max Level here is gonna be high.

Last edited:
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Project Preview, a login screen. Cool.

That's the project bro, I'm just introducing it.
I said i will have more progress later + this thread obviously wasn't
opened for the video. I opened it for another reason which is explained
up there.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VS 08 ? .. Boy you're quite outdated bro, get with the time! 2012!

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Stay on topic guys!!
I need suggestions >.>

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright sorry but VS 2012 just looks much better..

so far looks cool but I would have posted this if I had more than just a login screen. also, are you planning on making this look MapleStory-Like? I get that it's 2D but what about characters, gameplay, and GUI interfaces?

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stay on topic guys!!
I need suggestions >.>

I got a random one. There should be levels of power and stuff. Like Human would be first and like final one would be like God level or something So It would go from Human to God. But I don't know about the stuff between. It's kinda stupid but It's a suggestion!

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
waaaaaaaaaaaatttttt????? =\
.. yea maybe if you're still running a 512mb ram desktop in this day and age =\

I have VS2008 and the design is just fine, i don't need anymore crap lolz
I'll look at your suggestions tomorrow, It's already 4:15AM here.

Reaction score
This was actually decent, I was definitely hoping for any sort of game play but then again you were just introducing what you have. Anyone can code and design a login screen && the negative thing from that is most people introduce their stuff then few weeks later just give it up.

Who knows, Hope you continue.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
This was actually decent, I was definitely hoping for any sort of game play but then again you were just introducing what you have. Anyone can code and design a login screen && the negative thing from that is most people introduce their stuff then few weeks later just give it up.

Who knows, Hope you continue.

I had a similar project, with gameplay and all, I don't see why you think I will give up with this, LOL this isn't a
V111 source development, I have done this before and there's no reason i will stop.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
C# master race brofist :thumbup1: but you should look in to using vs 12, it's so sexy man,

Last edited:
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
C# master race brofist :thumbup1: but you should look in to using vs 12, it's so sexy man,

Damn..... it is sexy as you all said.
Well, I have 8GB RAM so i wouldn't care, I'm going to download it :8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, this project seems nice, finaly someone with own ideas and not copying GMS or SEA in everything.

Get a team with exprienced programers and you might get something out of that, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back