Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development of a new 2D MMORPG, similar to MapleStory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have Fun!
Reaction score
Guys... Let me ask this: Those guys who made World of Warcraft, or the guys who made MapleStory, or the guys who made whatever other hit MMORPG - if they didn't put their goals and dreams and wishes so far up the sky it would Ducking leave earth's gravity - what would we have today? That's right. A KILLER pong game. Tons of them. In all kinds and shapes. So many pong games it wouldn't be a "video game industry", it would be a Ducking "KILLER PONG game industry".

So yeah, you HAVE to start out small - you don't want to fail yourself. To be too disappointed. But you still have to DREAM SO Ducking BIG IT COULD LOOP AROUND THE UNIVERSE TWICE.

Because that's how thing work in this world: We all follow the same, boring, usual, overused god damn path that was there forever because we are being told there is no other way. And we are being told this so many times it gets stuck in our Ducking heads until we become nothing more than another face in the crowd walking the same road we walked all this time.
But then, comes up that one person, who is brave enough to stand up and say: I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE GOD DAMN duck ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY IS IMPOSSIBLE. And that person starts fighting his way, building a new road where it was said it's impossible to build something. And he fails a lot. A Ducking LOT. And people keep telling him he won't make it. They say it's hopeless. But he just doesn't give a damn duck and keeps trying.
And when he finishes building that road, those people find out it's a much faster way to get where they wanted. And he becomes a hero.

You see, telling this guy he wouldn't make it is just plain Ducking stupid. You can't know - maybe this guy will become the next Ducking hit that will break all boundaries that exist in gaming and will build the top-tier best-selling true-masterpiece game that you and those who come after you will play for ages. He might as well just fail and lose it all , but I don't think that this is a reason to stop him from what he wants to do.

FightDesign, please - don't listen to those Ducking idiots. Don't give up. Ever. Because it is quite possible that one day those people will be using exactly what they said you can't do.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Guys... Let me ask this: Those guys who made World of Warcraft, or the guys who made MapleStory, or the guys who made whatever other hit MMORPG - if they didn't put their goals and dreams and wishes so far up the sky it would Ducking leave earth's gravity - what would we have today? That's right. A KILLER pong game. Tons of them. In all kinds and shapes. So many pong games it wouldn't be a "video game industry", it would be a Ducking "KILLER PONG game industry".

Let me respond with this: What do Blizzard Entertainment, Nexon Korea, and the makers of any other hit MMO all have in common?
Well, there's actually a lot of things. Let's just list some.
  1. They're an established corporation.
  2. They have a large development team behind each, and every project.
  3. They have deep pockets that allow them to afford to run a full-scale MMORPG.
  4. They pay talented developers to dedicate all of their time to a project. Money is a powerful motivator.

Not to mention, Blizzard already had developed a cohesive universe with the Warcraft series, before World of Warcraft was released.

So, where does that leave our friend, Fight Design?
  1. He's an individual.
  2. He is working by himself..
  3. He does not have the funds to run a full-scale MMORPG.
  4. He is not paid, it is all hobby work. There is no indication that he will be as strongly motivated towards this project as an employee at a company would be. There is also no indication that he falls into the realm of a "talented developer" given the lack of any real substance to the work shared here.

Yup, sounds like a critical success in the making to me.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Except this guy isn't starting small, he is starting way over his head.

Why are you saying crap when you don't know me? O_O
HOW DO YOU KNOW I DIDN'T START SMALL?
Crap, dude, you're just corrupt... I've been developing for years.
Why are you talking out of your butt knowing nothing about me?

Let me respond with this: What do Blizzard Entertainment, Nexon Korea, and the makers of any other hit MMO all have in common?
  4. They pay talented developers to dedicate all of their time to a project. Money is a powerful motivator.

Not to mention, Blizzard already had developed a cohesive universe with the Warcraft series, before World of Warcraft was released.

1. He's an individual.
  4. He is not paid, it is all hobby work. There is no indication that he will be as strongly motivated towards this project as an employee at a company would be. There is also no indication that he falls into the realm of a "talented developer" given the lack of any real substance to the work shared here.

I am starting with this project... And I never said it will become like MapleStory so soon, right?
And I never said I am going to be as successful as them, did I?
I am just showing / introducing my work here. and if you have something wrong with it, just go out of this thread.
You tell me I can't do it? what facts are based on what you're saying? none.
I developed games on my own, and gained knowledge on Networking with several projects,
Now what makes you think I can't develop this? sorry, you're talking crap.

Reaction score
Why are you saying crap when you don't know me? O_O
HOW DO YOU KNOW I DIDN'T START SMALL?
Crap, dude, you're just corrupt... I've been developing for years.
Why are you talking out of your butt knowing nothing about me?

I am starting with this project... And I never said it will become like MapleStory so soon, right?
And I never said I am going to be as successful as them, did I?
I am just showing / introducing my work here. and if you have something wrong with it, just go out of this thread.
You tell me I can't do it? what facts are based on what you're saying? none.
I developed games on my own, and gained knowledge on Networking with several projects,
Now what makes you think I can't develop this? sorry, you're talking crap.

Look, as long as you don't have anything worthwhile to show, you're going to receive crap. So hurry up and get us some epic progress and videos, and prove us wrong.
History has shown time and time again, that an MMO requires a large team with lots of resources. If you can prove history wrong, by all means. It would usher in a new area of MMOs by lone developers. Imagine the choices gamers would have!
Remember, actions speak louder than words, so make us proud with some actual progress!

Now if during the course of your project you realize it's just too much for you, well congratufuckinglations, you've joined the massive group of developers who thought they could write an mmo by themselves and then failed. Trust me, even I went through this phase, and I felt exactly the way you do now. It's perfectly normal for many developers, but you decided to go public on your idea and attract all the hate of RZ. For making that kind of decision, honestly, you deserve the crap you get from the others.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Look, as long as you don't have anything worthwhile to show, you're going to receive crap. So hurry up and get us some epic progress and videos, and prove us wrong.
History has shown time and time again, that an MMO requires a large team with lots of resources. If you can prove history wrong, by all means. It would usher in a new area of MMOs by lone developers. Imagine the choices gamers would have!
Remember, actions speak louder than words, so make us proud with some actual progress!

Now if during the course of your project you realize it's just too much for you, well congratufuckinglations, you've joined the massive group of developers who thought they could write an mmo by themselves and then failed. Trust me, even I went through this phase, and I felt exactly the way you do now. It's perfectly normal for many developers, but you decided to go public on your idea and attract all the hate of RZ. For making that kind of decision, honestly, you deserve the crap you get from the others.

I will, but I am not going to hurry for anyone.
I have life.
I introduced my project here and it doesn't mean I have
to hurry for anyone. you will see progress by the time.

Have Fun!
Reaction score

1. He's an individual.

Just answer me this:
The people that run those money-loaded organized companies - How did they start?

Reaction score
Not with an MMO.
For example, the famous Blizzard, how did they start?
According to Wikipedia:
Based in , the company originally concentrated primarily on the creation of game for other studios before beginning development of their own software in 1993 with the development of games like and . In 1994 the company became Blizzard Entertainment Inc before being acquired by distributor and later by . Shortly thereafter, Blizzard shipped their breakthrough hit . Blizzard went on to create several successful video games, including the sequels, , and series, and the . Their most recent projects include World of Warcraft's fourth expansion, , StarCraft II's first expansion, , and the recently released .
At first they didn't even make their own games, they just ported games!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Shouldn't... I dont know the gameplay be created before some stupid login screen?
I'm not gonna act like i know sht about development, but pretty much if you read into what game creaters do when they create there games i'm pretty sure they go for artwork of the characters/gameplay before creating a login screen ó .ó
'cause i'm pretty sure a login screen can't be that hard to make compared to gameplay mechanics...
Either way i know sht so Good Luck i guess...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok lets all stop arguin about this.. I wish you GL and hope it comes out positive.. on topic My suggestion is to make the storyline not boring.. also.. suggestion when you die. make it alittle hard to come back to life but also can train in underworld or what eva its called.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Not with an MMO.

That ignorance only proves your idiotic comments worth nothing.
I said plenty of time I didn't start with this. I've been developing for years.
End of the line.

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Not with an MMO.
Of course they didn't start with an MMO. But I assure you they tried something big related to their skills. Just like all programmers - we all want something great at the beginning.
And that's the thing - trying to make an MMO might be a failure, but it's still a worthy experience. Why? Because you learn. You learn mostly from your mistakes, but by trying to make an MMO as a beginner you can learn a lot of things that will assist you in the future, even if they won't help your MMO project.
And this is exactly what those guys I asked about did. That's how they started. They tried something huge - and they failed - but they learned enough from this experience to help them later. And that's the exact reason why they have these MMOs today.

So please, don't be dicks and kill this guy's motivation - it is our failures that teach us the most. And if this guy will fail, it'll be much worth it than not trying at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My friend FightDesign, ignore their comments. You see that dude Waffles? I've seen numerous threads of him asking for help, you know what this proves? It proves that he cannot do anything it proves that he's saying this to you because he had probably a project and failed it, so since he can't do it he thinks others cant do it either. These guys are idiots, simply retarded idiots, posting this thread here as has been said was a huge mistake, most of people here are egocentric idiots that think they're the best in every area they step, keep going with your project and maybe you'll get something out of there and even if you don't you'll gain a positive exprience, that's the most important. Let them play MapleStory 24/7 they're the idiots, not you.

When you have nothing great to say simply shut the duck up. Ducking idiots.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My friend FightDesign, ignore their comments. You see that dude Waffles? I've seen numerous threads of him asking for help, you know what this proves? It proves that he cannot do anything it proves that he's saying this to you because he had probably a project and failed it, so since he can't do it he thinks others cant do it either. These guys are idiots, simply retarded idiots, posting this thread here as has been said was a huge mistake, most of people here are egocentric idiots that think they're the best in every area they step, keep going with your project and maybe you'll get something out of there and even if you don't you'll gain a positive exprience, that's the most important. Let them play MapleStory 24/7 they're the idiots, not you.

When you have nothing great to say simply shut the duck up. Ducking idiots.

Remember how you joined ragezone just to call other people out?

By the way, numerous threads = 1.

And FightDesign will make it no where without either dedication, money, or help. He has none of this. If you want to feed into delusions, be my guest, but at least know that they are delusions, and nothing more.

So, FightDesign, how much more have you achieved beyond a login screen in the last 5 days? Seriously, prove me wrong. I'll eat my hat if you can.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

And FightDesign will make it no where without either dedication, money, or help. He has none of this. If you want to feed into delusions, be my guest, but at least know that they are delusions, and nothing more.

So, FightDesign, how much more have you achieved beyond a login screen in the last 5 days? Seriously, prove me wrong. I'll eat my hat if you can.

He has no dedication? Lol you're seriously a bag of poop, this comming from a guy who can't get v111 or v112 working, who the duck are you to talk about him, bag of poop?

this is why you fail at life, son

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I was literally thinking of making the same thing - maplestory clone! I however don't plan to make it multiplayer because I am not that good yet. I am still struggling with programming a side scroller game, though I know how to program. Would you like to share your code, or just techniques on how you implement the game, such as character tile collision, render only part of the world, etc... I really want to make a game like maplestory, please help out. Thanks

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score

Yo dude your comment just proved you know noting about coding. GG.
When you make a game, you first finish the engine for it / systems.
then you start working on the game with the systems / engine you created.
GG again. If you know nothing about what i do just don't talk your butt off
and be quiet you little idiot fag, i already stated why you're wrong in all of
your comments, give it up. i don't give a single duck about what you say, i can do this,
therefore I will keep going with this and also success.
And thanks to all those who supported me. You have no idea how much i appreciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back