Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Difference? - KMS - MSEA - GMS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I have been checking out legal maplestory, and I found that there was GMS, KMS, and MSEA, I was wondering, what is the difference of them all and which one is better?

After researching the web, I saw that KMS only supports Chinese language, and you cannot change it for what I understand.

And for MSEA, it looks as if the game is going by Episodes, which I don't understand fully. There are also custom classes that are only there for a limited time, and I am interested in that.

And here is good old GMS, everyone knows this maplestory, just Global MapleStory. I'm pretty sure it supports all languages.

What my question is, what makes each of them unique and different. If you have any comments, please leave them bellow and tell me what makes them different, and why you think one of them is better than each other.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont know about the other two but GMS is the most greedy one among three. They will probably start charging for looking at the game itself by 2020

JavaScript Is Best Script
Reaction score
KMS supports only Chinese? What do you mean o.o

They are all quite similar i would say, the only difference is the community thats inside the game.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
HMMM. IDK, maybe different language, aes keys, country being hosted in, players playing, features inside, items inside, different jobs (exclusive ones), may I go on?

KMS is the 1st one so it's obviously the better one.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After researching the web, I saw that KMS only supports Chinese language, and you cannot change it for what I understand.

.....what are you talking about? you can type in korean, chinese, japanese, english, and a whole bunch of other unicode characters.
as for output from the server, the client for every region accepts unicode

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
KMS = Korea MapleStory (Korea)
GMS = Global MapleStory (Nexon)
MSEA = MapleStory SouthEastAsia (Asiasoft)[SG/MY]

Most up to date --> Least up to date
KMS --> GMS --> MSEA

o.o

Reaction score
Basically, they are different localizations of MapleStory. Each one is designed for a different part of the world, and is managed by a different company or division of Nexon. While all content originates from KMS, it is up to each region to decide what content they want to bring into their own version, as well as what events they're going to have.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Language and events ;> For example:
-eMS: Oktoberfest (event with beer)
-gMS (I should name it naMS): Thanksgiving day (event with turkey)

Wysyłane z mojego E15i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Also notice that there are more localizations of MapleStory. You can see the full list here:

Reaction score
Also notice that there are more localizations of MapleStory. You can see the full list here:
I'm not seeing any list of MapleStory versions on that site. Maybe it's because I live in the USA?
Anyway, for a good comparison of all current localizations of MapleStory and what content they have:

Back