Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DOTcurrencyz VSS deletion

Reaction score
I have a pair of these myself, but I already got to 200 on my DualBlade and managed to solo every boss with them except pb, cpb, empress, ark, and hilla hard. Seeing how nexon is going to delete them kind of bothers me, but at the same time it is something that should be done since they were duped to begin with. Anyone else has any opinions?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am really glad they removed them, they also removed a lot of other duped items according to their site.

Never liked duping, so I think Nexon is doing a good job.

For those who are wondering;

Reaction score
I am really glad they removed them, they also removed a lot of other duped items according to their site.

Never liked duping, so I think Nexon is doing a good job.

For those who are wondering;
Well good thing I just picked up private server dev, since I wanted to test my programming skills. They also deleted my dagger... I knew the risks before, but I just think it took them a while to do anything. Oh well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm glad that these duped items are deleted because my so called "friend" stole and scammed them from me. At least now I know he won't get to have them :p

Reaction score
So what? Buying duped items is a stupid thing to do, and now those who did so will pay for it.
True, but I think it would have been better if this was dealt with a long time ago, how hard is it to find itemid's with the same stats, under said name tag, it could have been fixed a long time ago. Nexon did it for profit they let these items float around so that they can gain money from it.

Moongran
Reaction score
I like how they say
"will have those items removed and replaced with one clean pair in case they were unaware of the illegitimate origin of the shoes."

as if a clean pair makes up for this lol

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
True, but I think it would have been better if this was dealt with a long time ago, how hard is it to find itemid's with the same stats, under said name tag, it could have been fixed a long time ago. Nexon did it for profit they let these items float around so that they can gain money from it.

I'm pretty sure they store an unique ID on each item created, so just a simple SELECT query would show the duped items

Reaction score
They deleted all VSS tagged with DotCurrency and the same ID. It showed up in the item you got back. Anyway lost 50k range from losing a few items given to me by but it's okay.

Reaction score
They deleted all VSS tagged with DotCurrency and the same ID. It showed up in the item you got back. Anyway lost 50k range from losing a few items given to me by but it's okay.

LOL at proxied (I play in Bera too). I lost 65k from my total range they deleted more than just the vss.

Trust me, there are so many things wrong with MapleStory right now in terms of security, especially Global. It's just due to the carelessness of the developers.

Ain't this the truth.

Reaction score
>Complaining about security problems
>Complaining about Nexon doing something about resolving the problems
wat.

I am not complaining about nexon doing something, its the action they took. Those items were duped obviously they should be removed, like I said before they could of easily removed those items a long time ago. I guess its when most of the items was cubed, and max aee they decided to delete them.

Reaction score
It's not fully true.

How is it not fully true? It's completely true. If the developers actually cared about the game instead of just caring about getting their paycheck and calling it a day, the game would be much better in terms of security than it is now.

I'll even give you an example. I am convinced that the MapleStory developers don't know what the game's limits are (not just a developer team like North America or Korean, I mean ALL of them). What I mean by limits, is that it's pretty obvious that some items can't reach past a certain stat. I'm sure you all remember the hacked item phase Global MapleStory went through with the Enhancement Scroll exploit. I've seen weapons go past 500 weapon attack. I find this so stupid and easy to prevent. If they just added a small check that would make it so that if an item goes past a certain statistical limit, it will perform certain measures pertaining to that problem.

Like... The cheat detection sending messages to the Game Moderators online saying something fishy is going on, and logging the activity as suspicious if developers want to look up exactly what happened (maybe for using as proof in Support Tickets that players submit saying "omg i didnt ch33t plz unban me i buy nx kthx!"). Or heck, even auto-ban for it, because if you actually did a glitch that reached that high of an attack, you should just consider yourself lucky as is and keep that or just drop it to stay even safer. Both players, and developers should know their limits.

^(That explanation might be pretty messy, but I don't care, I made my point across)^

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How is it not fully true? It's completely true. If the developers actually cared about the game instead of just caring about getting their paycheck and calling it a day, the game would be much better in terms of security than it is now.

I'll even give you an example. I am convinced that the MapleStory developers don't know what the game's limits are (not just a developer team like North America or Korean, I mean ALL of them). What I mean by limits, is that it's pretty obvious that some items can't reach past a certain stat. I'm sure you all remember the hacked item phase Global MapleStory went through with the Enhancement Scroll exploit. I've seen weapons go past 500 weapon attack. I find this so stupid and easy to prevent. If they just added a small check that would make it so that if an item goes past a certain statistical limit, it will perform certain measures pertaining to that problem.

Like... The cheat detection sending messages to the Game Moderators online saying something fishy is going on, and logging the activity as suspicious if developers want to look up exactly what happened (maybe for using as proof in Support Tickets that players submit saying "omg i didnt ch33t plz unban me i buy nx kthx!"). Or heck, even auto-ban for it, because if you actually did a glitch that reached that high of an attack, you should just consider yourself lucky as is and keep that or just drop it to stay even safer. Both players, and developers should know their limits.

^(That explanation might be pretty messy, but I don't care, I made my point across)^
Everyone knows it can be way more secure, also the fact that they keep forgetting small checks is indeed stupid. This still doesn't mean they want to improve theirselves and actually start listening.... still hoping :)

Back