Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Possible to edit in-game font without replace/registry editing?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello RaGEZONE/Mapler, I'm new to this section so don't blame me about my question,... It just one of my idea :)

Cuz MapleStory service in my country will shutdown/merge with msea.... (Thailand / Provider by Asiasoft Corp,.) Yeah.. it no more MapleStory in my country anymore :(

So, i want to ask about some question?

1.) Is there anyway to edit in-game font without replace/registry editing?
2.) After 1st question, If it can.... I can translate whole quests and npc scripts to that font right?

Just the one idea to revive MapleStory :) Dun't ask for help or what or how because i will learn from myself :)

Edit in-game font by replace/registry editing need to restart pc,... Yes :( internet cafe use hardware/software like undo card or freeze etcs, chage in-game font by replace/registry in internet cafe is no effect and useless and you/i will lose a-lot of player that like to play in internet cafe... ( sad :( )

Sorry about my english/grammar cuz i'm thai ;")

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm. Can you use unicode or another character encodings to type Thai's language in SMS client? :huh:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if i'm not mistaken, chalkboard is able to display anything (korean characters etc) so you could change your generalChatHandler a bit to send the chalkboard packet instead

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Oxysoft, I'm pretty sure he/she is talking about the real server
Cuz MapleStory service in my country will shutdown/merge with msea.... (Thailand / Provider by Asiasoft Corp,.) Yeah.. it no more MapleStory in my country anymore :(

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He's talking about the live MSEA server, and it's a no. Changing the font won't help, the client shouldn't support thai since it's all in English.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe Stredit allowed you to edit Korean to English but didn't allow English to Korean, now that your client is thai, I would assume it wouldn't allow you to change English to thai. If you want to use a font, you have to remember, the client might not support it! Sorry thats all the help that i can give you

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
character sets != fonts.
You're asking about a character set, not a font.
There's really nothing you can do about it either.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not at all as you guy said....

I'm looking around main client and just try somethings, (MSEA Main Client)

I got result like this...

pSbgE - Possible to edit in-game font without replace/registry editing? - RaGEZONE Forums

Yes, That is thai font.... but it missing some under and upper font-characters.

This is you see in my screenshot....
Code:
กรณาเลอกเวลดทคณตองการเขาเลนเกม

But the right word i use/write is this....
Code:
กรุณาเลือกเวิลด์ที่คุณต้องการเข้าเล่นเกม

And yes, I try with this in GenericLittleEndianWriter.java and got nothing changes... and still same missing font-characters.
Code:
private static final Charset ASCII = Charset.forName("TIS-620"); // ISO-8859-1, UTF-8
or
private static final Charset ASCII = Charset.forName("UTF-8"); // ISO-8859-1, UTF-8
or
private static final Charset ASCII = Charset.forName("ISO-8859-11"); // ISO-8859-1, UTF-8

Btw, I use MSEA 111 client and Lithium.

HWdq - Possible to edit in-game font without replace/registry editing? - RaGEZONE Forums

Any solution? and/or any comments?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
^ dude that's v111 GLOBALMS theres no v111 msea.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The text input is client-side, so you'll never be able to support inputting in a character set different from the localized version without modifying the client heavily, or using your own client (such as NoLifeStory, which was never finished).

Back