Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Exclusive jobs being ported over.

<3
Reaction score
Hey,

I am not sure if you were aware but a few months ago (or has it been a year already?). Anywho, JMS were one of the first to obtain region exclusive jobs. They had the two most unique jobs (at least in my opinion), which were Kanna (Exorcist) and Hayato (Samurai). A few months ago, I was notified by a few development friends about how they were already located in the WZ files for a version or two, and I decided to check it out. And it is definitely true. But, now it's officially being announced on GMS. Kanna is now coming out for v129.

Details may be found here:

What do you think about this? What happened to exclusive jobs? Are they truly that exclusive anymore? (This seems very unlikely considering how Dragon Warrior was originally a ChinaMS exclusive which was ported to SEA.) Does that mean we are expecting each region to create a job and eventually all versions will have the job? Or are we expecting partnerships from different branches of Nexon?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think we'll be the only ones to get Hayato/Kanna. CMS might at the very least since they copy a lot of GMS content. I don't think MSEA or EMS will get them at all or anytime soon.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The only answer is that NEXON are money grubbing asians, which are taking GMS players interest and adding them to make more money for themselves.

That should answer basically all your questions as to why we're getting them and what versions may or may not get them in the future.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Hey,

I am not sure if you were aware but a few months ago (or has it been a year already?). Anywho, JMS were one of the first to obtain region exclusive jobs. They had the two most unique jobs (at least in my opinion), which were Kanna (Exorcist) and Hayato (Samurai). A few months ago, I was notified by a few development friends about how they were already located in the WZ files for a version or two, and I decided to check it out. And it is definitely true. But, now it's officially being announced on GMS. Kanna is now coming out for v129.

Details may be found here:

What do you think about this? What happened to exclusive jobs? Are they truly that exclusive anymore? (This seems very unlikely considering how Dragon Warrior was originally a ChinaMS exclusive which was ported to SEA.) Does that mean we are expecting each region to create a job and eventually all versions will have the job? Or are we expecting partnerships from different branches of Nexon?

I want to say that the "Exclusive" job's aren't that exclusive.
GMS: Jett, MapleSea:zen , Both 2 "Exclusive" jobs .... However you should compare the skills. and see how "Exclusive" they are.
EMS:"Ems" doesn't have a exclusive job,however it does have a stupid board with a picture of "Jett" on it in almost every city-_-.
TMS: Dragon warrior is a combination of : corsair (before BB), Bucc and "Jett". I don't really call this exclusive either...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nexon is doing this for a long time already. With exclusive they mean the first to release something.

NLC was GMS Exclusive, Capture the Flag was also GMS Exclusive, both ported over.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nexon is doing this for a long time already. With exclusive they mean the first to release something.

NLC was GMS Exclusive, Capture the Flag was also GMS Exclusive, both ported over.

What other version of Maplestory has NLC or Capture the Flag?

Asking because I wasn't aware any other versions had this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually like this and I'm okay with GMS having all the jobs or any of the other MapleStory's. I mean like it'll just make more players have a chance to play that "Exclusive Job". If you look at all the other "Custom Jobs" on Private Servers like 'BoredMS', 'AngelicStory', and 'KaizerMS'. Aren't those server's interesting because of those jobs? or well 'Skill Covers'? This is actually one of the best updates Nexon has ever done since 'CPQ' came out well that's my opinion.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok who the hell cares, my second fav job is coming to GMS.

EDIT: Old news, fyi, the data was being ported starting v128. lol

That and it was all over southperry and basil.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Pretty nice. I'm probably gunna join GMS again for them.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To be quite honest. Looking at Kanna's skills over again.

They have similar skills to that of Phantom.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Anyone going to be playing MapleStory once Kanna and Hayato comes out? I want to join a world where people are in it.

Back