Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Extra Protection, or Community?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, if you could make a launcher that protects your files, and your server from hacks and such (just for example) and some extra advantages, and you could make it work only with a localhost, that doesn't work for WinXP users. and on the other hand, you could give up with that launcher and use a redirector so the WinXP community could play too. but you will be less protected from things you HAVE to be protected from. (private)
what would you choose?

Reaction score
Would you give up the WinXP community for protection?

I highly doubt that most of the servers around here are suffering that bad from any kind of hacking, unless they have complete retards running it. If they aren't running a server properly, they kind of have to expect their server to get messed with. If a hacker really wanted to destroy your server in whatever way possible, the protection won't prevent it at all. If you have hacker problems like people duping in your server, then I suggest:

1. Hiring people who can actually help program source-end stuff.
2. Hold a BETA Test of your server, so people can still play, but you can have your developers watch the server if any kind of hacking occurs, like duping, and they can go and find a way to patch it.
3. Release your server after you think testing is done.
4. ???
5. PROFIT.

EDIT: To answer your main question, I would choose community, as that matters more over protection. Trust me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I highly doubt that most of the servers around here are suffering that bad from any kind of hacking, unless they have complete retards running it. If they aren't running a server properly, they kind of have to expect their server to get messed with. If a hacker really wanted to destroy your server in whatever way possible, the protection won't prevent it at all. If you have hacker problems like people duping in your server, then I suggest:

1. Hiring people who can actually help program source-end stuff.
2. Hold a BETA Test of your server, so people can still play, but you can have your developers watch the server if any kind of hacking occurs, like duping, and they can go and find a way to patch it.
3. Release your server after you think testing is done.
4. ???
5. PROFIT.

EDIT: To answer your main question, I would choose community, as that matters more over protection. Trust me.

You don't get the point. I never said it's against hacking. the reasons for new kinds of protections on the launcher are private for now, my server needs to be protected from more things. what I am asking is if to give up that important protection
or let the winXP community play too, LESS protected.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You don't get the point. I never said it's against hacking. the reasons for new kinds of protections on the launcher are private for now, my server needs to protected from more things. what I am asking is if to give up that important protection
or let the winXP community play too, LESS protected.

Are you trying to protect your localhost from being released/used by another server? If that's the case, then yeah, screw the Windows XP community. They should just visit YouTube and find out how to pirate a clean copy of Win7 Pro, because WinXP is said by even Microsoft themselves that WinXP computers can upgrade to Win7 without too much problems of stability/speed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you trying to protect your localhost from being released/used by another server? If that's the case, then yeah, screw the Windows XP community. They should just visit YouTube and find out how to pirate a clean copy of Win7 Pro, because WinXP is said by even Microsoft themselves that WinXP computers can upgrade to Win7 without too much problems of stability/speed.

Yeah but you know those XP addicted idiots who are always like "XP is the best I'm never going to change" and such, well I may lose some of this community... but if it worths having my protection needs, screw that. that's why I need some opinions from others. thanks for the reply.
-FightDesign

Reaction score
Yeah but you know those XP addicted idiots who are always like "XP is the best I'm never going to change" and such, well I may lose some of this community... but if it worths having my protection needs, screw that. that's why I need some opinions from others. thanks for the reply.
-FightDesign

Yeah, no, you don't need the XP community (even though I use XP myself too on one computer of mine). If you have something as precious as an unreleased localhost, then eff that. It'd be smarter to sell the localhost to people, get the money and then wait for people to leak it, and end up winning even though your localhost got leaked.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, no, you don't need the XP community (even though I use XP myself too on one computer of mine). If you have something as precious as an unreleased localhost, then eff that. It'd be smarter to sell the localhost to people, get the money and then wait for people to leak it, and end up winning even though your localhost got leaked.

Never said it's a localhost.. I mean, I can't really explain about it.
but yeah it is something precious that needs some protection.
not going to sell it.

Reaction score
Never said it's a localhost.. I mean, I can't really explain about it.
but yeah it is something precious that needs some protection.
not going to sell it.

??... Why can't you tell us what it is you're trying to protect? Honestly, nothing is really worth that much in this community to keep so secret. Especially if you're going to make such a public thread with a question in regards to this secret.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
??... Why can't you tell us what it is you're trying to protect? Honestly, nothing is really worth that much in this community to keep so secret. Especially if you're going to make such a public thread with a question in regards to this secret.

Doesn't matter... I just need the answer for extra protection or less community (from winxp users) that's all. but don't worry, you will know soon enough.
Let's stay on topic.

Back