Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making Gaming Easier for XP Users

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, so i have a idea but i dont know how simple it would be...

So v83 is playable by windows 7 users and window XP users. I am not a very experience Coder... So forgive me for not knowing how to do this or how hard it would.

2 ways i would think this could be done

1) Implement v111 files into v83... ALL files from v111 expept the Game launching ones might need to be editted. This way you can play the same maps, same UI and all that good stuff as v111 but the same launching as v83

2)Do the reverse. Have the v83 launching implemented in the v111 files. I am sure there would have to be might be coding for map A go to map B like in GMS and all that.

I am sure though, if this is possible, the server that does this and makes it easy for the player to put into his files would be popular.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
duck XP users.... they all need to update to 7 already.
Windows 7 can act just like windows XP with aero disabled.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i updated my PC with windows 7... Now i cant even play any maplestory.. I get error code -2147______ (all i remember off top of head). So now im stuck with my Laptop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i updated my PC with windows 7... Now i cant even play any maplestory.. I get error code -2147______ (all i remember off top of head). So now im stuck with my Laptop.

That's an invaild pointer error, occures when you miss strings or something in the wz files.
strings most of the time.
It has nothing to do with Windows 7.

Okay, so i have a idea but i dont know how simple it would be...

So v83 is playable by windows 7 users and window XP users. I am not a very experience Coder... So forgive me for not knowing how to do this or how hard it would.

2 ways i would think this could be done

1) Implement v111 files into v83... ALL files from v111 expept the Game launching ones might need to be editted. This way you can play the same maps, same UI and all that good stuff as v111 but the same launching as v83

2)Do the reverse. Have the v83 launching implemented in the v111 files. I am sure there would have to be might be coding for map A go to map B like in GMS and all that.

I am sure though, if this is possible, the server that does this and makes it easy for the player to put into his files would be popular.

The creator of the v111 localhost used Windows 7 functions which is why you can't use it on Windows XP. you can't change it, you have to either make your own localhost or replace the win7 functions with winxp functions, which is already like remaking the localhost.

Reaction score
There is absolutely no motivation for anyone to make MS "easier" for XP users. Why? Because chances are, people with XP probably don't have the money to donate to servers, which means 99% of server owners no longer care about the XP population. Also, XP is over a decade old.
At least, that's my theory why nobody cares about XP.

Reaction score
You could also help work on NoLifeStory. Not only would that solve the issue for XP users, but people using *nix would be able to play MS too without having to muddle around with wine. But what are the odds of me finding another talented coder here willing to devote their time to such a complicated task? *sigh*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a job and i have extra money stored up. I have donated and i have a XP. I just don't want to buy a whole new computer just so i can play 1 private server. There are other MMOs out there. The problem is my friends dont know how to make a redirector. They spent days helping me get onto their servers with redirectors that kept falling up short. Updated to windows 7 since we couldn't get one working. Now i cant play cause of some error -_-

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Windows XP isn't supported anymore IMO so they should update or qq.

2 Beta-5

I'm a penis and everything but just change the ip to nexons ip and use kikis redirect or for v111. Profit? Yeah it works witch it ain't that hard all you guys are just Ducking stupid. Like this poop cuz I helped you witch (;

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm a penis and everything but just change the ip to nexons ip and use kikis redirect or for v111. Profit? Yeah it works witch it ain't that hard all you guys are just Ducking stupid. Like this poop cuz I helped you witch (;

There some people who need the localhost and not the redirector for some reasons.
one of them is embedding the localhost to a custom made launcher. not possible
with the redirector.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There some people who need the localhost and not the redirector for some reasons.
one of them is embedding the localhost to a custom made launcher. not possible
with the redirector.

Yes it is... Athion did it for example.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You know Microsoft wants to end Windows XP's life is when they stop selling PCs with Windows XP preinstalled and when they end their mainstream support for XP.

Get a low end 7 PC and it should work just as well as your XP computer.

Back