Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Did the GMS Packet Encryption Change? [Yes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To stop private servers going up to date, making encryption hard is one way (But they should change frequently, some people might always able get it, or have a way to deal with it)
Other way, as simple as just to get ripped off some unnecessary wz data that are only used on server side, and as nothing to do with client side (keep on their server's side only).
Such as:
1. Map data, those "life" data in map, onUserEnter, onFirstUserEnter, etc, and then get another big bang with map changes.
2. Mob data, such as EXP.
3. Making all quests handled on server side (not only accept/complete to check on server side for most quests).

Probably there's more. Not saying it will really stop the pservers, but eventually it will take you much longer, and much harder to update without those wz data.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
havent checked the client yet since i have lost interest in maple. anyway i think they are just making the client worse and worse by adding functions to an existing function to further deteriorate the efficiency. i dont know why but they have been virtualizing some common functioned which gets executed in every clock cycle.
if they had real will to stop packet sniffing and pservers they should have re-created the whole function instead of just adding another one to make it "harder". i am pretty sure in coming patches they will probably replace the whole function though(since they have found they have failed to stop pservers from actually recovering it)
Well I think that the new vmp'd function using something that contains the version. If so, then the key changes each patch. But Nexon is Nexon so who knows.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't even need to go through the client to find the new encryption. It's unprotected, unvirtualized, unpacked, plain sitting there waiting to be looked at.
I just want to tell you thanks.
I've been trying to get others to get it for me (to buy it from others who have it, even from you :p:).
but that message motivated me and after about 3 hours of work (could've been a lot, a lot less.) I got it.
it truly is just standing there waiting for us to grab it.

Thanks dude.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
fak u extalia :c

alonevampire - Did the GMS Packet Encryption Change? [Yes] - RaGEZONE Forums

You don't even need to go through the client to find the new encryption. It's unprotected, unvirtualized, unpacked, plain sitting there waiting to be looked at.

0/10 troll harder

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks like Nexon is preventing packet sniffers starting v1.18. If they are for this purpose, they are really stupid. Packet edit is due to their careless coding. Stopping packet being sniffed/abused instead of being careful when coding is not a smart action.

They might as well as just doing that to stop private servers now.
They started deleting loopback on 64bit system computer now(starting v1.1x), updated v1.19 mainly to patch one of Kiki's old redirector that they forgot to patch (that's useable for v1.18), and added another CRC check.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It looks like Nexon is preventing packet sniffers starting v1.18. If they are for this purpose, they are really stupid. Packet edit is due to their careless coding. Stopping packet being sniffed/abused instead of being careful when coding is not a smart action.

They might as well as just doing that to stop private servers now.
They started deleting loopback on 64bit system computer now(starting v1.1x), updated v1.19 mainly to patch one of Kiki's old redirector that they forgot to patch (that's useable for v1.18), and added another CRC check.
They are VMProtecting more and more :p

Have Fun!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure souravipc is right. In v118 you just needed to nullify the new function to return to the old encryption. I hardly believe Nexon are THAT stupid. It is very likely that it was just a temporary solution until they finish something bigger.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure souravipc is right. In v118 you just needed to nullify the new function to return to the old encryption. I hardly believe Nexon are THAT stupid. It is very likely that it was just a temporary solution until they finish something bigger.
A lot of checks and encryption-type things require nothing more than a simple jmp-patch or nop patch, in very many games, I think.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well so it seems nexon is finally getting the upper hand

but here is afew things

1) NEXON has been only doing this to GMS ( maybe this will move onto MapleSEA/EuropeMS ) ?
2) so it seems like they have Destroyed LEN/C# Redirector /Changed Encryption

well if they are having a real game change too bad they should have done this during time of Odin when they updated to 0.56+

I believe this is not the end.. seems like a cat and mouse game here..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
but here is afew things
1) NEXON has been only doing this to GMS ( maybe this will move onto MapleSEA/EuropeMS ) ?
well if they are having a real game change too bad they should have done this during time of Odin when they updated to 0.56+
No matter whatever they do redirectors and localhosts will still be made since atleast a dozen of the community members now do know how to f'ck themida.
Also only gms is the one that is badly affected from all these pservers and hackers. so I would say that its part of their routine maintenance and we will keep seeing more of these in the future.

JavaScript Is Best Script
Reaction score

but here is afew things

The cat will never stop chasing the mouse for sure. Theres a whole active community dedicated to reverse engineering Maple's stuffs, things will crack eventually.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No matter whatever they do redirectors and localhosts will still be made since atleast a dozen of the community members now do know how to f'ck themida.
Also only gms is the one that is badly affected from all these pservers and hackers. so I would say that its part of their routine maintenance and we will keep seeing more of these in the future.

You sounded like lots know about how to make a redirector/localhost.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because everyone's making GMS servers, they change enc to try and stop. Why change enc of another type of MS if nobody even makes a PS out of it? Useless statement.

The re are plenty of Kms server s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back