Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Good Guy Mr. Basil

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Opinions on this?

I think it's great that Mr. Basil posted it... normally he has some contact with Nexon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MapleStory is hell expensive, in fact it's a game for kids.
Ever since potential, everything is hell expense now.
Those SoK, PSok, sharing tag, I mean come on, you need to $2+ for sharing some items once?
Potential shits and cubes are hell expensive, you are hell lucky if you get good potential stats within 30 cubes (excluding from rare tier to legendary tier, which another 50~100+ cubes)
You can tell that they made tons money off potentials: first potential (cubes/premium cubes/super cubes), then nebulites, then bonus potentials.
It's all around potentials, cuz they made most profit off it, I won't be surprised if they add a few more potential lines anytime soon.
Also, it's funny they used cube image/look for those Dusts for Core Aura in cash shop.

And those good items cost billions mesos, I wonder how they get so much mesos besides buying from those meso selling sites.
MapleStory wasn't like this before potentials were out, Cash Shop was only for NX covers. Sure, some others like Gachapon tickets, but not as bad as now. Now, it's like "If you want to be strong and do good damages, you must have enough real money to play this game"

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This story was awsome D:

I hope nexon change this >:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh look Mr.Basil is saying what I have and many other maplers have been saying for year(s). Congratulations Mr.Basil on doing absolutely nothing, except repeating what everyone else has been saying for year(s).
His rant greatly irritated me as it feels so whats the word... Attention whoring I suppose is the closest thing.

Last edited:
Have Fun!
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I have no idea who MrBasil is.
But yeah, we all know that for very long. MapleStory has become a money-making machine... okay, more like a whole Ducking factory of money-making machines. Nexon stopped caring about the game play basics and the balance looooooong ago. All they care about now is how much profit they can make out of an update or a feature in the game. This caused the game itself to change too. It's not longer about how strong can you be - it's about how quick will you become Ducking unstoppable. Potential, sockets, inner abilities, high EXP/effort rate, damn over-powered new classes, hacked/duped items... it's no longer the same. There is no challenge in MapleStory anymore. The economy is completely broken, item prices are rocketing out of control, meso is losing more and more of it's value, items are being hacked/duped and making it even worse - yup, even merchandising is no longer a challenge.
And of course - everything has a price tag in MapleStory. You want an over-powered equipment set? Pay enough and it's a deal. You want a level 50 character without working hard? No problem, just show the dollars and there you go. Do you want to move your items to a different account? Sure, but Nexon should get a commission for that, right? So yeah, it's pay to win.

tl;dr:
MapleStory lost control. Everything is over-powered, not challenging and costs too much. You pay to win, and if you don't you'll be left behind.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I hopped on Maplestory for 5 minutes today and leaped around. I hate how it's so fluffed up with NX required items. I'm quitting until Nexon stops being an butt.

Mr. Basil has his facts correct. Maplestory is turning into a lady-fest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I have no idea who MrBasil is.
But yeah, we all know that for very long. MapleStory has become a money-making machine... okay, more like a whole Ducking factory of money-making machines. Nexon stopped caring about the game play basics and the balance looooooong ago. All they care about now is how much profit they can make out of an update or a feature in the game. This caused the game itself to change too. It's not longer about how strong can you be - it's about how quick will you become Ducking unstoppable. Potential, sockets, inner abilities, high EXP/effort rate, damn over-powered new classes, hacked/duped items... it's no longer the same. There is no challenge in MapleStory anymore. The economy is completely broken, item prices are rocketing out of control, meso is losing more and more of it's value, items are being hacked/duped and making it even worse - yup, even merchandising is no longer a challenge.
And of course - everything has a price tag in MapleStory. You want an over-powered equipment set? Pay enough and it's a deal. You want a level 50 character without working hard? No problem, just show the dollars and there you go. Do you want to move your items to a different account? Sure, but Nexon should get a commission for that, right? So yeah, it's pay to win.

tl;dr:
MapleStory lost control. Everything is over-powered, not challenging and costs too much. You pay to win, and if you don't you'll be left behind.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo true. I can't enjoy this game anymore...I enjoyed it more in v.55 when everyone was the same haha

Back