Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Helping The Community

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello

firstly I thought to myself most of you guys are having a hard time in learning Java/C++/C#

why not write a server in python

Python is a programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. It supports multiple programming paradigms (primarily object oriented, imperative, and functional) and features a fully dynamic type system and automatic memory management.

You'll be surprised on what Python can do and Java can't.

* Code is extremely readable
* Easy to Learn

A MMORPG Coded in Python(Stackless Python)

Both the server and the client software for Eve Online are developed in Stackless Python, a variant of the Python programming language. Stackless Python allows a relatively large number of players to perform tasks without the overhead of using the call stack used in the standard Python distribution

Last edited:
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No thanks; everything is too hard for the MapleStory community, so we don't want to code another server source. You could try to build one though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Python isn't bad it is easy way easiler. Then Java to learn so it benefits the community but it depends on how good.are at it to write a decent server

Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Python isn't bad it is easy way easiler. Then Java to learn so it benefits the community but it depends on how good.are at it to write a decent server

That's the exact problem we are having. People do not want to learn. If they would, there would be more questions about 'how' and 'what' instead of 'help' and 'give'. Just look at my really basic vClarity VB Emulator. Noone will ever use that, although it's usable for almost everyone (although I think VB is a mindfuck). I don't really see much development anymore. It looks like everyone is stuck at some language, because it has the most options (while at the same time most bugs).

Reaction score
By all means, feel free to write a server in python, but don't expect anyone here to change to python.
People who already know how to program aren't going to learn python because they could instead spend their time learning a language like C++ to gain better performance.
People who don't know how to program will either learn from existing sources which are not in python, or they simply don't bother learning at all no matter how easy the language is.
If you did make a fast functioning server in python, then you might be able to get somewhere.

Also, in my personal opinion, I hate python, but don't let that discourage you, I hate java and C# as well.

Reaction score
wat iz dis piethon u spik of? pliz gib me download link
zzzz
OT: Most of the maple dev community consists of people who claim to be coders, but in reality are excellent copy pasters.
If you want to develop your own Python Server, go for it. But don't expect anyone to use it.

Reaction score
I always felt like Python was more of a... hacking language to me. Though, I guess it would be able to pull off hosting a server pretty steadily, but I HIGHLY doubt anyone would bother making their own server source in Python for MapleStory right now, as Diamondo25 said previously.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how about you do something instead of posting this useless thread?

Back