Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I know, I know.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I know these threads have been made over and over again, but before someone decides to suck my d*ck dry. Would it be in someone's best interest to start on a V75 server? Iv'e looked through it and played it and seems extremely stable (at least in my eyes). Would the V75 server be a good idea and would people play it?

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just in my opinion...I'll rather play v62 than v75...same with v83 > v75
- due to the job advancements and features that it offers (without wz edit)
Source stability - you can always improve on it

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The stability you can improve on but why is it that most people hate V75 and lean over to the V83 side? What am i missing here O.O

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I still like V75 nonetheless because I just find it really good for some reason. Sure it lacks features from V83 but eh for some reason i love it!

Reaction score
I still like V75 nonetheless because I just find it really good for some reason. Sure it lacks features from V83 but eh for some reason i love it!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Though here's my two cents. If you like a version because "this version doesn't have stupid Arans" or "this version doesn't have KoC" or some reason like that, then you're failing to realize that you can simply just not allow people to use that job/thing, and use higher versions for their more optimal features and content.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
v83-v90 would be better if you're aiming for something pre-Big Bang. However, I don't think most would enjoy v75.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
v75 simply sounds stupid.

if i'm not mistaken, v75 was also the most shortlived.

v75 is a turn off.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I remember when dMS was v75... I mean it was ok and all, but as soon as you give people KoCs they expect to be able to make UAs. I don't remember if that was even possible in v75. And yeah it was the most shortlived from what I recall as v83 followed not long after. I liked v62 a lot and I'd probably be more inclined to play that out of a retro version although v55 would win over that...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! Seems the feeling I'm getting is V55 is good for people that wanna experience the nostalgia and the good old times, and the V83+ mean srsbsns? I wouldn't fool myself because I also miss V55 and have not really encountered a good V55 server in a good minute.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
V83 IS dieng but slowly. Guess It's safe to say that V55 has long been dead.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
v83 servers have been milked so much that players simply see little to no interest in them now.
There are handfuls that DO want to play nostalgic servers as long as constant updates are done.

Reaction score
But I still would play a v55 over the latest GMS xD

But it has to be great, I've seen some average v55's like NightSoulMS. It may be GMS-like, but it is incomplete, and when something is not decently fixed up and GMS-like, I just get dat feel you know? Dat feel of "you're not playing the real deal, you're playing a private server".

edit: another reason for getting dat feel would be running the server differently compared to GMS, like spamming events, GMs popping around a lot, and such.

Back