Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

So I'll fill you in. RaGEZONE / Nexon / FT and a court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Right, this is how it stands. RaGEZONE does not host, distribute or provide illegal content for Nexon and MapleStory. The work that is here is all made by every single one of you. Under international copyright law and EULA generally when you play a game you are signing a contract in which takes away your rights to create an emulator and I've never played MapleStory, ever.

Nexon are attempting to rid this section from here under the shenanigans argument that we are misusing their copyright. I can tell you that papers and court proceedings are up in the air right now and we are trying our best to resolve it for everyone. Nexon claims that the code shared by users is copyright code, also Nexon claimed that we also released hacks and so forth numerous years ago in which our ignorant previous host decided we had to remove offending content (but of course we did not and also in a legal term is considered slander), you can check it yourself here;

On a personal level with FranTech and Fran especially I consider us friends. He has been with us for many years so I also wanting to protect his assets. It appears Nexon is using bully tactics to get rid of us despite us not really breaking any laws. We do not host nor distribute any infringing material. In the event evidence to state that we are using copyright code exists I would 100% gladly remove of the offending material.

Take note of;
here are cases where a game creator has effectively shut down private game servers by threatening due to obvious copyright violations, such as offering the client for download or offering downloads of modified files from the original game package, or perceived copyright violations, such as simply offering an "unlicensed" version of the game, which may or may not constitute actual infringement such as the infamous General counsel of Nexon America, Lloyd Korn in the MapleStory private server development [MapleStory Global].

Nexon are after me, it's that simple. Despite me not being involved in the development one single bit plus with all the legal jargon in the middle, its messy to say the least. IF anyone has any valid comments to contribute then let it be heard.

Regards.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

EDIT # 1

In an effort to secure everyone from any future hassle (such as handing over ip's and more). I've removed the WZ edits.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
RIP RaGEZONE's MapleStory Section. You will be remembered.

Edit: I like how Lloyd Korn points out crappy releases. At least point out good ones. The only good ones there were BubblesDEV and BrazilMS files.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I lol'd, 'Rogue Website'.

MoopleDEV isn't in the mail, luckily.

So, what's going to happen?

This is due to the fact that this is from before the section went away like 2 years ago. Ah yes, the link to BubblesDev. No wonder Generic kept saying I was a reason why RZ lost this section.

edit:
I don't see how any of them aside from BubbleDev were private server development. They were CMS, so possible web development, and not private server development...

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
This is due to the fact that this is from before the section went away like 2 years ago. Ah yes, the link to BubblesDev. No wonder Generic kept saying I was a reason why RZ lost this section.

edit:
I don't see how any of them aside from BubbleDev were private server development. They were CMS, so possible web development, and not private server development...
Oh, I failed to see that part.

Good Luck MentaL :\

Off-topic: Get on msn moogra

return null;
Reaction score
I don't think moving the section to a different forum is going to solve this problem. Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining since it all matters to you, you'll get in trouble if you would keep this all running so there's nothing much to do. However, starting fresh was one of the dumbest explanations in my opinion but now I do understand that the Maplestory development section has come to an end.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Did anyone else realize this? Not sure if srs anymore.

MentaL - So I'll fill you in. RaGEZONE / Nexon / FT and a court case. - RaGEZONE Forums

M

MapleFanatic

Hey, if all his DMCA's are bull and he says that he swears to all of them under penalty of perjury, couldn't someone take advantage of that to open a lawsuit against him?

Reaction score
Here is the latest email in regards to ongoing negotiations (Which involves me).

Nexon said:
Nexon is aware of RageZone and its owner/operator Daniel James. The location of the server used by Mr. James to operate the RageZone site is irrelevant. Nexon intends to sue Mr. James where he lives and where his personal assets, and the assets of others involved in RageZone, are located. Please tell Mr. James that if he wishes to avoid a lawsuit, then he should immediately shut down the MapleStory section of RageZone and contact us to discuss settlement. If Mr. James fails or refuses to do so, Nexon will have no alternative but to commence a lawsuit against him.

Given I'm not an American citizen I wonder if they would attempt to extradite me. Please take into consider the following line;

Lawyer said:
Nexon intends to sue Mr. James where he lives and where his personal assets, and the assets of others involved in RageZone, are located.

Nexon are intending to sue every single one of who post here, all of you. They want to take your personal assets. So for those who told me I was selfish and only cared about myself, hope you can at least see sense.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you MentaL for telling us what had happened. Now, I'm not so angry.

+like.

I'm actually surprised that NEXON is lying by saying we stole any source code from them. LOL. Anyhow, this does seem like a tight spot for you. At this point, I, myself wouldn't know if I'd save the MapleStory section at all. If you had the money and such, you probably would win your case, but in the end, is it worth all the money?

Last edited:
Reaction score
PS,

Nexon are also wanting physical money to compensate for everything that has happened within the private server development scene, compensation towards all your hard efforts and work. Nexon believe it's their right for them to be payed for every single members, non members, lurkers, leachers and whomever works towards building up any public source code as created by you. Thats right, your work, effort and time and they want to be rewarded by being paid for your own legal work.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Update;

Realistically I could more than likely put a court case in against Nexon myself for all the slander, false accusations and previous extortion of my old hosting provider (DedicatedNow). I feel violated against my human and legal rights plus all the stress it has caused me. Further more, Nexon have also avoided my terms and conditions via my policy.

bleh....
Reaction score
Thank you MentaL for telling us what had happened. Now, I'm not so angry.

+like.

I'm actually surprised that NEXON is lying by saying we stole any source code from them. LOL. Anyhow, this does seem like a tight spot for you. At this point, I, myself wouldn't know if I'd save the MapleStory section at all. If you had the money and such, you probably would win your case, but in the end, is it worth all the money?

Actually we did, which is why Nexon went after RaGEZONE in the first place, although we didn't steal it. It was the BrazilMS files that were stolen due to the very poor security of their dev team. Someone released it on here awhile back and people tried getting it running. So that point I can understand, although... that's... Brazil, not Nexon America. How does he get off thinking he can "sue" for that. I guess I can sue a lawyer in Iraq for my wife here not wearing a shi-bob or w/e the hell that is, over her face.

"Hide yo kids, hide yo wives, and hide yo husbands cuz they rapin errbodys assets out hea"

Last edited:
Reaction score

Update;

Realistically I could more than likely put a court case in against Nexon myself for all the slander, false accusations and previous extortion of my old hosting provider (DedicatedNow). I feel violated against my human and legal rights plus all the stress it has caused me. Further more, Nexon have also avoided my terms and conditions via my policy.
Not to mention it shouldn't be too hard to prove that they are lying about us stealing their source code.

Actually we did, which is why Nexon went after RaGEZONE in the first place, although we didn't steal it. It was the BrazilMS files that were stolen due to the very poor security of their dev team. Someone released it on here awhile back and people tried getting it running. So that point I can understand, although... that's... Brazil, not Nexon America. How does he get off thinking he can "sue" for that. I guess I can sue a lawyer in Iraq for my wife here not wearing a shi-bob or w/e the hell that is, over her face.
I thought it was DELETED though. It's completely stupid to sue the entirety of RaGeZONE because of one person. Furthermore , it was not only RageZONE who got access to that FTP. It was the entire world. Also, NEXON seems to be suing because we "apparently" stole scripts. Is this true?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Plus I've already said I would remove infringing copyright content, although I would appreciate a civil email from Mr Korn.

bleh....
Reaction score
Not to mention it shouldn't be too hard to prove that they are lying about us stealing their source code.

I thought it was DELETED though. It's completely stupid to sue the entirety of RaGeZONE because of one person. Furthermore , it was not only RageZONE who got access to that FTP. It was the entire world. Also, NEXON seems to be suing because we "apparently" stole scripts. Is this true?

Yes, it was deleted, and like Dan said in the post below... anything similar would be deleted on sight. It's just the point that it was here that somehow makes him feel like he has a case, although any judge would most likely view Dan's actions as complying since he did remove them. I'd really like to get a lawyers opinion on this because I'm really confused as to how he can even fathom RaGEZONE being at fault when 1) he's (Lloyd Korn and Nexon America) located in the US and the 1st Amendment is in tact:

Wiki said:
Today freedom of speech, or the freedom of expression, is recognized in international and regional human rights law. The right is enshrined in Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, Article 13 of the American Convention on Human Rights and Article 9 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights.[8] Based on John Milton's arguments, freedom of speech is understood as a multi-faceted right that includes not only the right to express, or disseminate, information and ideas, but three further distinct aspects:
the right to seek information and ideas;
the right to receive information and ideas;
the right to impart information and ideas.[8]
International, regional and national standards also recognize that freedom of speech, as the freedom of expression, includes any medium, be it orally, in written, in print, through the Internet or through art forms. This means that the protection of freedom of speech as a right includes not only the content, but also the means of expression.[8]

and 2) He as a Nexon America "employee" (technically yes since he's on their payroll) is trying to have jurisdiction over LevelUp games (BrazilMS) content.

From my understanding of the 1st Amendment, RaGEZONE is not liable because they are distributing information. They do not host anything, they merely offer a place for members to exchange information.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
From the looks of it, they really don't have much of a leg (except the fact they have an entire legal department behind them) to stand on.

When I was working on a previous project I had a similar problem, they shouldn't be able to go after your personal assets because of the fact that YOU yourself were not conducting any illegal activity as defined by their terms of service. (Since as you've stated you've never visited their site, nor decompiled their game, etc.) ALSO: You don't host any of the files on your server, do you? They're all hosted on other servers (megaupload, etc.. yes?)

They will ALWAYS throw "we lost money" at you, you need to collect evidence that they wouldn't of received the money specified no matter what. "People who are playing your game will continue to play your game as long as you are satisfying your consumers. Those who play on Emulated Servers are people who would otherwise not play your game 'MapleStory' because they are unsatisfied with it.

You can go about this by taking signed Affidavit from most/all members of the MapleStory section/Ragezone.

You ALSO need to add to your terms of service that anyone working with Nexon (and other companies you don't want to sue you, Sulake, Blizzard, etclol) not be permitted to enter the site and doing so would be breaking your terms of service.

NOTE: Most of the time these are just threats, they figure you'll be scared, just comply, settle, and they're good to go..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back