Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

So I'll fill you in. RaGEZONE / Nexon / FT and a court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You ALSO need to add to your terms of service that anyone working with Nexon (and other companies you don't want to sue you, Sulake, Blizzard, etclol) not be permitted to enter the site and doing so would be breaking your terms of service.

NOTE: Most of the time these are just threats, they figure you'll be scared, just comply, settle, and they're good to go..

You were going good until you added this. Doing this does absolutely nothing at all. It's not a valid contract and is extremely foolish to believe it is. If such were the case, I could create a site about how to make a bomb, with plans to blow up a building... then put on that site "Hey "such and such city" and FBI... if you enter this site, none of this information is valid because I don't want you on this site." It just doesn't work like that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Bombing America is a different subject then Video Games. You CAN determine WHO is allowed to access your website, although it is a hard concept to hold up in a legal case.

The fact of the matter being, this legality case seems to be more of a scare-tactic, and if they wish to be assholes about the situation, I don't see why we can't all throw our idiot jabs in there.

Having that determines that they cannot view the site as an employed member of the company, but because everyone is "human" before "employed", they can access it on their own terms.

This can hold up as long as you legitimately do not host any illegal material on the site.

and ^ LMFAO, apparently they have TOO MUCH money, and TOO MUCH time..

Start developing something worthwhile for your company, and your users wouldn't have to look for entertainment elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if users let other MapleStory communities know about this. I feel it's important to display the on-goings especially all the hassle that we are receiving. In the event the section was removed for our own personal reasons, the next lot of sites will be targeted for the same lies and propaganda.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We've done that many a time, they just won't stay down! :<:

Then it's time to take their arms and legs off so they don't?

Obviously this lawyer thinks he's a genius when hes just sounding like his head is up his butt.

@Dan, Yeah let's spread it all over the internet so people can see how nexon tries to censor people.

Anyone wanna make a youtube video on this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would honestly but I'm not good with making movies.

btw
We just need to hire an assassin froom Assassin's Creed to ingeniously keep Nexon down.

It's amazing how much they seem to be stuck-up but they seem to no better then the 3rd server on the Gtop100 list.

If only Korea Nexon would take control, this whole thing would never happen.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Looking forward to receiving my summons in the near future.

Reaction score
Not suprised by anything Nexon does anymore, If you want Nexon vs. Sithus court cases they're obtainable online, you can see Nexons case against him and dissect it for what its worth. If you need more information, just PM me.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest email in regards to ongoing negotiations (Which involves me).

Given I'm not an American citizen I wonder if they would attempt to extradite me. Please take into consider the following line;

Nexon are intending to sue every single one of who post here, all of you. They want to take your personal assets. So for those who told me I was selfish and only cared about myself, hope you can at least see sense.

You're misinterpreting what they're saying.. They're not saying everyone who posts here, but rather everyone who is involved with RaGEZONE. IE. Moderators, Supers, Administrators, etc.

As for you not being an American Citizen, that doesn't matter, you don't think they go through international waters to find educated and specialized lawyers in that field within your Country? That's rather naive to think that.

PS,

Nexon are also wanting physical money to compensate for everything that has happened within the private server development scene, compensation towards all your hard efforts and work. Nexon believe it's their right for them to be payed for every single members, non members, lurkers, leachers and whomever works towards building up any public source code as created by you. Thats right, your work, effort and time and they want to be rewarded by being paid for your own legal work.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Update;

Realistically I could more than likely put a court case in against Nexon myself for all the slander, false accusations and previous extortion of my old hosting provider (DedicatedNow). I feel violated against my human and legal rights plus all the stress it has caused me. Further more, Nexon have also avoided my terms and conditions via my policy.

Pffftt... Good luck Dan.. Good luck, even if you were to scrounge up the money to file a counter-lawsuit what makes you think you would even come close to winning? For example.. Your lousy (no pun intended) $15,000 for a lawyer and court proceedings is nothing compared to their thousands upon millions of their money invested in this whole Anti-PServer thing they launched.

Further more, unless you LEGALLY got this whole "terms and conditions" and "policy" processed. You can do nothing more than to wipe your butt with those Conditions and Policy. In order to legalize and make official these terms you put into place, you need to hire a lawyer to go through the legal channels, write up these conditions for you. File them with your Government Court Offices and so forth.

It's not as simply as you all think, putting pen to paper and then all of a sudden.. it's "legal". If that's how the world worked, do you think we'd be in a crisis right now with this whole economy poop? Rather then people taking private money and deals, they'd be putting it back into the economy. (For Example).

Plus I've already said I would remove infringing copyright content, although I would appreciate a civil email from Mr Korn.

Good luck.. You really think he would ever do such a thing? Trust me.. I've tried having normal conversations way back when with him, it's not happening. It's best to just treat him like trash, regardless.

From the looks of it, they really don't have much of a leg (except the fact they have an entire legal department behind them) to stand on.

When I was working on a previous project I had a similar problem, they shouldn't be able to go after your personal assets because of the fact that YOU yourself were not conducting any illegal activity as defined by their terms of service. (Since as you've stated you've never visited their site, nor decompiled their game, etc.) ALSO: You don't host any of the files on your server, do you? They're all hosted on other servers (megaupload, etc.. yes?)

They will ALWAYS throw "we lost money" at you, you need to collect evidence that they wouldn't of received the money specified no matter what. "People who are playing your game will continue to play your game as long as you are satisfying your consumers. Those who play on Emulated Servers are people who would otherwise not play your game 'MapleStory' because they are unsatisfied with it.

You can go about this by taking signed Affidavit from most/all members of the MapleStory section/Ragezone.

You ALSO need to add to your terms of service that anyone working with Nexon (and other companies you don't want to sue you, Sulake, Blizzard, etclol) not be permitted to enter the site and doing so would be breaking your terms of service.

NOTE: Most of the time these are just threats, they figure you'll be scared, just comply, settle, and they're good to go..

Hey himself may have not been conducting "illegal" activity. However, he was condoning and provoking the work of illegal activity on his site. That in itself holds him in contempt. Don't think it's just that simply...

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Actually we did, which is why Nexon went after RaGEZONE in the first place, although we didn't steal it. It was the BrazilMS files that were stolen due to the very poor security of their dev team. Someone released it on here awhile back and people tried getting it running. So that point I can understand, although... that's... Brazil, not Nexon America. How does he get off thinking he can "sue" for that. I guess I can sue a lawyer in Iraq for my wife here not wearing a shi-bob or w/e the hell that is, over her face.

"Hide yo kids, hide yo wives, and hide yo husbands cuz they rapin errbodys assets out hea"

Shawn.. Although you know by now I agree with most if not all of the things you say, this is something I have to speak up about. You and everyone else need to realize that Nexon is the sole owner of the MapleStory game. They simply License the game out to certain companies around the world to make it "international" for all regions. For Example:

MapleSEA
Licensed To: AsiaSoft
Owned By: Nexon Korea Inc.

Get what I mean? They have the right to act as they see fit, the licensed companies have nothing to do with such things since they simply are a ... "reseller", so to speak, if you want to look at it in those terms, where as Nexon is the sole owner and take responsibility for court proceedings.

Of course they have jurisdiction anywhere.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Technically, no they're not lying.
No one remembers BMS incident?
Thank you MentaL for telling us what had happened. Now, I'm not so angry.

+like.

I'm actually surprised that NEXON is lying by saying we stole any source code from them. LOL. Anyhow, this does seem like a tight spot for you. At this point, I, myself wouldn't know if I'd save the MapleStory section at all. If you had the money and such, you probably would win your case, but in the end, is it worth all the money?

P.S: Dan,
"RaGEZONE does not host, distribute or provide illegal content for Nexon and MapleStory."

Question: What is contributory infringement?
The other form of indirect infringement, contributory infringement, requires (1) knowledge of the infringing activity and (2) a material contribution -- actual assistance or inducement -- to the alleged piracy.

Localhosts, XMLs, WZs, and WZ edits = All illegal.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He doesn't necessarily need to be the only one to counter-suit.. If he could put it together (because they are implying that we are all at risk) then the entire of the forum could counter-suit (reducing lawyer costs, etc) -- Though, that may be a difficult thing to follow through on and it would take lots of work.

Reaction score
Technically, no they're not lying.
No one remembers BMS incident?

Weren't those files removed though after Mental caught wind of it? I mean if Nexon is going after Mental based on CODE thats being released in the MapleStory section, they'll have a rude awakening in court. I mean, Nexon is just using their money to bully people at this point into wanting to settle out of court. The longer Nexon drags out the case, the better it is for them, because it drains whomever they're going after of their resources. I believe Mental will win if the case is about source code or even linking to clients. From what I've seen in the Nexon vs Sithu case, is that they're grasping at straws to get him convicted, they can't even prove that he uploaded the client to mediafire/rapidshare.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you shed some more light on Nexon Inc vs. Sithu case?

And yes those files were removed, but Korn states in his DMCA's that "we" have stolen work from Nexon - I'm just guessing they're mentioning the BMS incident. Of course the words Korn is using puts it so vaguely.
Weren't those files removed though after Mental caught wind of it? I mean if Nexon is going after Mental based on CODE thats being released in the MapleStory section, they'll have a rude awakening in court. I mean, Nexon is just using their money to bully people at this point into wanting to settle out of court. The longer Nexon drags out the case, the better it is for them, because it drains whomever they're going after of their resources. I believe Mental will win if the case is about source code or even linking to clients. From what I've seen in the Nexon vs Sithu case, is that they're grasping at straws to get him convicted, they can't even prove that he uploaded the client to mediafire/rapidshare.

Reaction score
Can you shed some more light on Nexon Inc vs. Sithu case?

And yes those files were removed, but Korn states in his DMCA's that "we" have stolen work from Nexon - I'm just guessing they're mentioning the BMS incident. Of course the words Korn is using puts it so vaguely.

At this point in the lawsuit they're in the discovery phase, so Nexon is trying to find hard evidence against Sithu, and Sithu is trying to build his case. Nexon is suing him for unfair competition, breach of EULA & their Terms, also copyright infringement. Basically the defense has stated that Nexon doesn't have a case because they didn't call in the 3rd party hosts into the case (Mediafire & Rapidshare where the files were hosted), and that they'll take the responsibility for the breach of the EULA. So if Nexon is trying to build the same case against Mental, well they'll run into a brick wall with unfair competition and breach of EULA. They might have a chance with copyright infringement if its illegal to link to illegal content in England, which it might be. The Wz Edits/Clients/Installers fucked over this entire section, if someone where to make a site with just source code, then it would be fine.

Reaction score
At this point in the lawsuit they're in the discovery phase, so Nexon is trying to find hard evidence against Sithu, and Sithu is trying to build his case. Nexon is suing him for unfair competition, breach of EULA & their Terms, also copyright infringement. Basically the defense has stated that Nexon doesn't have a case because they didn't call in the 3rd party hosts into the case (Mediafire & Rapidshare where the files were hosted), and that they'll take the responsibility for the breach of the EULA. So if Nexon is trying to build the same case against Mental, well they'll run into a brick wall with unfair competition and breach of EULA. They might have a chance with copyright infringement if its illegal to link to illegal content in England, which it might be. The Wz Edits/Clients/Installers fucked over this entire section, if someone where to make a site with just source code, then it would be fine.

I actually removed the WZ edits in good faith, I just want a quick resolution but in a legal manner.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe Dan lives in Wales, not England -
But definitely WZ edits, localhosts, XMLs, and WZs are infringing upon Nexons rights.

Reaction score
I actually removed the WZ edits in good faith, I just want a quick resolution but in a legal manner.

I think at this point Nexon is going for the long haul. Nexon vs Sithu started in December 2010 and won't end till January 2012, The Odin case wasn't resolved till over a year after it all came crashing down (We still don't know what happened). You can ask Sparks about his case, I'm sure its taken just as long though. I mean you could push for the case to be rushed and submit all the papers on time, talk to the judge and explain to him you want the quickest resolution with E-filing and such so you wont have to walk into court every day.

If they push for trial by jury though, thats going to take ages (Copyright Infringement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back