Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

So I'll fill you in. RaGEZONE / Nexon / FT and a court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Shawn.. Although you know by now I agree with most if not all of the things you say, this is something I have to speak up about. You and everyone else need to realize that Nexon is the sole owner of the MapleStory game. They simply License the game out to certain companies around the world to make it "international" for all regions. For Example:

MapleSEA
Licensed To: AsiaSoft
Owned By: Nexon Korea Inc.

Get what I mean? They have the right to act as they see fit, the licensed companies have nothing to do with such things since they simply are a ... "reseller", so to speak, if you want to look at it in those terms, where as Nexon is the sole owner and take responsibility for court proceedings.

Of course they have jurisdiction anywhere.

Sparks, Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Korea. If Lloyd Korn were a lawyer of Nexon, then I could understand it, but he is not. He is a lawyer of a branch. Think of it like this. You work for Wal-Mart and a Store Manager from a different store tries coming into your store telling you what to do. It doesn't work like that. There are limitations and restrictions. You have jurisdictions over certain regions, hence where there are multiple branches around the world. He can not and does not have the authority to speak on behalf of another region because it is not his jurisdiction. If it were true what you are saying, he would be the sole lawyer going after Korean/Japanese private servers. He also can't go after RaGEZONE for the BMS files because 1) Dan took it down as soon as it was seen and 2) Neither he or any staff member play any part in obtaining said files. The only way we can possibly prevent anything like that from happening is to have every single post/thread ever created to be moderated, which imo... is pretty damn ridiculous.

I'm also having a very hard time understanding how us Mods can somehow be in trouble as well. Because we keep the forum clean of spam/trolling? That's like me saying I can sue a teacher of a high school if I saw the principal do something illegal.

Last edited:
We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sparks, Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Korea. If Lloyd Korn were a lawyer of Nexon, then I could understand it, but he is not. He is a lawyer of a branch. Think of it like this. You work for Wal-Mart and a Store Manager from a different store tries coming into your store telling you what to do. It doesn't work like that. There are limitations and restrictions. You have jurisdictions over certain regions, hence where there are multiple branches around the world. He can not and does not have the authority to speak on behalf of another region because it is not his jurisdiction. If it were true what you are saying, he would be the sole lawyer going after Korean/Japanese private servers. He also can't go after RaGEZONE for the BMS files because 1) Dan took it down as soon as it was seen and 2) Neither he or any staff member play any part in obtaining said files. The only way we can possibly prevent anything like that from happening is to have every single post/thread ever created to be moderated, which imo... is pretty damn ridiculous.

I'm also having a very hard time understanding how us Mods can somehow be in trouble as well. Because we keep the forum clean of spam/trolling? That's like me saying I can sue a teacher of a high school if I saw the principal do something illegal.

1. Exactly.
2. We aren't lol. Basically we are just volunteers and last I checked we only help with moderation and getting rid of illegal files. They should be thanking us not bringing us to court.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The only reason I can think of for sueing me, is because of MoopleDEV.

But I don't care, they can't do poop to me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is so sad. I seriously don't know what to say.

I hope Dan wins this, and please if you get the opportunity, tell them to shut W8baby and GameKiller down instead. We are a peaceful community, they are the ones destroying their great game.

I am paralyzed
Cyrus

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't believe they will even aim for the stolen part (BrazilMS). The image MentaL show was from 2009.

Also, Kevin can't get sue because of MoopleDev, that's ridiculous, I don't even thinks they care about it... Maybe don't even know about it.

This is a scary tactic, but they will actually act if you don't do something in their favor. I would bring the case of eAthena vs Gravity so you can get an example of a company losing against a community. However, the case may not be the same, but related at some points.

Zzzz...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nexon is just making themselves look pathetic. I used to think they were pretty cool and stuff, but going lawsuit-nazi against a bunch of teenagers? That's pretty low... A multi-billion dollar gaming company that has to re-patch after every game update to fix exploits is wasting their money against a bunch of minors?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is so sad. I seriously don't know what to say.

I hope Dan wins this, and please if you get the opportunity, tell them to shut W8baby and GameKiller down instead. We are a peaceful community, they are the ones destroying their great game.

I am paralyzed
Cyrus

If you think about it, Nexon really just wants players and money. With hacking communities, Nexon is getting that. The players may be hacking, but they're still playing. Nexon just wants people on the game no matter what they are doing. Nexon's dirty and they play rough, this is what makes them a terrible organization.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh please cut the shenanigans regarding "Nexon just wants money" - No Ducking really!

They're a corporation.
an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.

The sole purpose for ANY corporation is to MAKE money, what else? What's the purpose of Google? To make money. Why did they start Google+? To compete against Facebook in the social networking field.

You must be twelve years old if you think Nexon is the only corporation in the world that "plays dirty".

If you think about it, Nexon really just wants players and money. With hacking communities, Nexon is getting that. The players may be hacking, but they're still playing. Nexon just wants people on the game no matter what they are doing. Nexon's dirty and they play rough, this is what makes them a terrible organization.

Last edited:
Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL i just got a nexon endorsement ad in this thread.

for all people that visit the MapleStory section, this shouldnt come as a shocking surprise...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh please cut the shenanigans regarding "Nexon just wants money" - No Ducking really!

They're a corporation.

The sole purpose for ANY corporation is to MAKE money, what else? What's the purpose of Google? To make money. Why did they start Google+? To compete against Facebook in the social networking field.

You must be twelve years old if you think Nexon is the only corporation in the world that "plays dirty".

I didn't say that Nexon was the only organization in the world that "plays dirty", I was merely pointing out that they do.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
RaGEZONE is administered by Dan.
Why the hell are you stating the obvious? You're stating as if no other corporation plays dirty.

I didn't say that Nexon was the only organization in the world that "plays dirty", I was merely pointing out that they do.

How so? You'd be pretty damn surprised if you ever read an article in the business section of the New York Times.
Every company 'Plays Dirty' but Nexon has taken it to a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back