Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

So I'll fill you in. RaGEZONE / Nexon / FT and a court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fck I will add my name to this thread they can sue me ;P
There's no way they could take us Ragezone down seems hes just trying to scare Ragezone into closing, I would counter sue for slander, we didn't break any laws or copyrights(I don't know about wz edits) But I stand by Ragezone.

I just googled his name and he works at a office a hour away from me :) Funny if I dropped by to say hello (I wanna see what he looks like :x) I just know he looks evil

He can take RaGEZONE down. Also, there are no false accusations here. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He can take RaGEZONE down. Also, there are no false accusations here. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Show the hacks we have on this forum. Show the servers we have. Show the illegal media. The fact remains, until the source code provided by this forum is used with their files, it still remains exactly that... a source code. A perfectly usable source code that can be used for anything, should the person that obtains it decide to use it for whatever they choose. We can not control what people do. Does that mean we don't know what they do? No, but we can't control it. Even the Wz editing section was within the guidelines because nothing.. literally nothing, was hosted on this forum. This is simply a place for people to gather to discuss and develop source code, which last I knew... was legal.

Reaction score

Copyright does not protect the idea for a game, its name or title, or the method or methods for playing it. Nor does copyright protect any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in developing, merchandising, or playing a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles. Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form.

Material prepared in connection with a game may be subject to copyright if it contains a sufficient amount of literary or pictorial expression. For example, the text matter describing the rules of the game or the pictorial matter appearing on the gameboard or container may be registrable.

If your game includes any written element, such as instructions or directions, the Copyright Office recommends that you apply to register it as a literary work. Doing so will allow you to register all copyrightable parts of the game, including any pictorial elements. When the copyrightable elements of the game consist predominantly of pictorial matter, you should apply to register it as a work of the visual arts.

The deposit requirements will vary, depending on whether the work has been published at the time of registration. If the game is published, the proper deposit is one complete copy of the work. If, however, the game is published in a box larger than 12" x 24" x 6" (or a total of 1,728 cubic inches) then identifying material must be submitted in lieu of the entire game. (See “identifying material” below.) If the game is published and contains fewer than three threedimensional elements, then identifying material for those parts must be submitted in lieu of those parts. If the game is unpublished, either one copy of the game or identifying material should be deposited.

Identifying material deposited to represent the game or its three-dimensional parts usually consists of photographs, photostats, slides, drawings, or other two-dimensional representations of the work. The identifying material should include as many pieces as necessary to show the entire copyrightable content of the work, including the copyright notice if it appears on the work. All pieces of identifying material other than transparencies must be no less than 3" x 3" in size, and not more than 9" x 12", but preferably 8" x 10". At least one piece of identifying material must, on its front, back, or mount, indicate the title of the work and an exact measurement of one or more dimensions of the work.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No you see, I do.
I'm not sure you do "brah".

The same exact article you linked as your source states:
Basically, there are two forms of defamation - slander, which deals with verbal defamation, and libel, which is more often associated with published information.

Yes. Do you?
Read up brah

Yeah, that has to do with board games...
Do you have a lawyer yet? Have you started looking for one?
It's good to be prepared.

Copyright does not protect the idea for a game, its name or title, or the method or methods for playing it. Nor does copyright protect any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in developing, merchandising, or playing a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles. Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form.

Material prepared in connection with a game may be subject to copyright if it contains a sufficient amount of literary or pictorial expression. For example, the text matter describing the rules of the game or the pictorial matter appearing on the gameboard or container may be registrable.

If your game includes any written element, such as instructions or directions, the Copyright Office recommends that you apply to register it as a literary work. Doing so will allow you to register all copyrightable parts of the game, including any pictorial elements. When the copyrightable elements of the game consist predominantly of pictorial matter, you should apply to register it as a work of the visual arts.

The deposit requirements will vary, depending on whether the work has been published at the time of registration. If the game is published, the proper deposit is one complete copy of the work. If, however, the game is published in a box larger than 12" x 24" x 6" (or a total of 1,728 cubic inches) then identifying material must be submitted in lieu of the entire game. (See “identifying material” below.) If the game is published and contains fewer than three threedimensional elements, then identifying material for those parts must be submitted in lieu of those parts. If the game is unpublished, either one copy of the game or identifying material should be deposited.

Identifying material deposited to represent the game or its three-dimensional parts usually consists of photographs, photostats, slides, drawings, or other two-dimensional representations of the work. The identifying material should include as many pieces as necessary to show the entire copyrightable content of the work, including the copyright notice if it appears on the work. All pieces of identifying material other than transparencies must be no less than 3" x 3" in size, and not more than 9" x 12", but preferably 8" x 10". At least one piece of identifying material must, on its front, back, or mount, indicate the title of the work and an exact measurement of one or more dimensions of the work.

WZ edits.
Let's face it, Dan allowed WZ edits for some time - and it enabled Nexon Inc to state a valid point.

I mean, if you remove something after you've been caught, it doesn't make a difference.
If I stole a candy bar (And a CCTV caught me), and I ate it - the fact that I stole it doesn't magically disappear.

Show the hacks we have on this forum. Show the servers we have. Show the illegal media. The fact remains, until the source code provided by this forum is used with their files, it still remains exactly that... a source code. A perfectly usable source code that can be used for anything, should the person that obtains it decide to use it for whatever they choose. We can not control what people do. Does that mean we don't know what they do? No, but we can't control it. Even the Wz editing section was within the guidelines because nothing.. literally nothing, was hosted on this forum. This is simply a place for people to gather to discuss and develop source code, which last I knew... was legal.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WZ edits.
Let's face it, Dan allowed WZ edits for some time - and it enabled Nexon Inc to state a valid point.

I mean, if you remove something after you've been caught, it doesn't make a difference.
If I stole a candy bar (And a CCTV caught me), and I ate it - the fact that I stole it doesn't magically disappear.

Psst... I'm sorry, I don't care what they "got" Sparks for, the fact remains they can't do jack about having a Wz editing section. Nothing, absolutely nothing is hosted here. Not even the tools that enable Wz Editing/Repacking. We assume the role of a 3rd party, nothing more. To use your scenario, it's like saying if I was with you when you stole the candy bar, but I played no part in it... i.e. I didn't distract the owner or help you escape, I can get in trouble too. No. Again I refer to the 1st Amendment. It is;

Code:
the right to seek information and ideas;
the right to receive information and ideas;
the right to impart information and ideas.

International, regional and national standards also recognize that freedom of speech, as the freedom of expression, includes any medium, be it orally, in written, in print, [b]through the Internet[/b] or through art forms.

If you can show me how we overstepped that boundary of seeking,receiving and/or imparting information and ideas, I'll gladly take myself out of this discussion. Copyright/Intellectual Property laws do not overthrow the Constitution. It'd be a totally different ballgame if we were the ones giving people the tools to carry out these acts, but we are not. The members do that, not us, and even then it's done by outside sources such as MediaFire and MegaUpload.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, I am a little curious as to why my last post was removed. It was a valid point.
Nexon's source for maplestory isn't written in java and there actually a chance its ported from Korean to English. Yet they are claiming that we are releasing their source code and scripts. None of the wedding scripts here actually function first of all. The sources/repacks here aren't nearly as stable either.

Reaction score
This is why you don't make poop like this public.

People always criticized us in the RF section because we didn't release every bit of new information we found / hacked / developed. All the good stuff was and still is safely behind closed doors in private forums.

If you make a public forum meant specifically for gaining information for copyright infringement (WZ Edits) then you need to be prepared to deal with the legal action. The WZ editing should have never been a public forum here. Ragezone is too big to offer something like that publicly.

Nexon has a legitimate legal stand against RZ now and you are going to have to listen to their demands if you do not want legal headaches.

It doesn't Ducking matter if anything was hosted here or not. None of you are legal experts. Stop saying "oh its not hosted here so we're safe". A good lawyer already has enough information to duck RZ over. Making threads like this is not going to help this situation.

So, I am a little curious as to why my last post was removed. It was a valid point.
Nexon's source for maplestory isn't written in java and there actually a chance its ported from Korean to English. Yet they are claiming that we are releasing their source code and scripts. None of the wedding scripts here actually function first of all. The sources/repacks here aren't nearly as stable either.

It doesn't matter if the leaks are not working or unstable. Source code is source code, and all leaked closed source code is legally protected. Nothing you say is going to change this fact.

Ragezone is directly hosting information that violates nexon copyrights. Just because you don't host files on rz doesn't mean poop. <b>You are still hosting information.</b> Stop debating legal poop when you have no legal background. Rz will get thrown down in courts the day dan and frantech step up to defend themselves.

Last edited:
Reaction score

People always criticized us in the RF section because we didn't release every bit of new information we found / hacked / developed. All the good stuff was and still is safely behind closed doors in private forums.

If you make a public forum meant specifically for gaining information for copyright infringement (WZ Edits) then you need to be prepared to deal with the legal action. The WZ editing should have never been a public forum here. Ragezone is too big to offer something like that publicly.

Nexon has a legitimate legal stand against RZ now and you are going to have to listen to their demands if you do not want legal headaches.

It doesn't Ducking matter if anything was hosted here or not. None of you are legal experts. Stop saying "oh its not hosted here so we're safe". A good lawyer already has enough information to duck RZ over. Making threads like this is not going to help this situation.

It doesn't matter if the leaks are not working or unstable. Source code is source code, and all leaked closed source code is legally protected. Nothing you say is going to change this fact.

Ragezone is directly hosting information that violates nexon copyrights. Just because you don't host files on rz doesn't mean poop. <b>You are still hosting information.</b> Stop debating legal poop when you have no legal background. Rz will get thrown down in courts the day dan and frantech step up to defend themselves.

I disagree with everything you said

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you even know what grounds one must need to sue for slander?

In the US it can be called libel. And in order to even sue you must meet the following conditions.

1. Prove that the libel/slander was false.
2. Prove that it has damaged your reputation.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The maplestory soruce isn't written in java. It is in a c based language if I remember correctly. (c# I think)
If that is the case how is the coding we are using and the scripts that are broken "leaked."
Nexon employees would have to circumvent these forums/servers in order for that to be true.
Otherwise where would the broken coding be kept? Their employees work computers? Why aren't they having a forensics team go in and trace back to the hackers hmmm?

Reaction score
Had email off lawyer. Want section removed, Nexon is planning to sue all parties involved in MapleStory, developers, server owners and the rest. They plan "a systematic campaign to shut-down unauthorized MapleStory private servers". They mentioned current lawsuits against "KryptoDEV website, the Celino Online / CelinoSEA private server, and the MapleTales private server".

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Had email off lawyer. Want section removed, Nexon is planning to sue all parties involved in MapleStory, developers, server owners and the rest. They plan "a systematic campaign to shut-down unauthorized MapleStory private servers". They mentioned current lawsuits against "KryptoDEV website, the Celino Online / CelinoSEA private server, and the MapleTales private server".

Thank you for keeping us informed.

I highly doubt they would have the money to sue every single living private server out there.

If CelinoSEA is currently being sued; then why haven't they shut down or told the general public? MapleTales has been long gone.

And, can you ask Lloyd some information with Odin?

Reaction score
This is not from Lloyd. Nexon have spent a fair bit of money on a highly decorated lawyer. He is very polite and getting straight to the point and it's an honor for them to spend this much money to try and shut us down. Unsure as to why these websites have not mentioned it yet but they may not actually be aware of the pending case against them or they are hiding it, despite that, it is what I was told.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
contributory infringement

The other form of indirect infringement, contributory infringement, requires (1) knowledge of the infringing activity and (2) a material contribution -- actual assistance or inducement -- to the alleged piracy.

Posting access codes from authorized copies of software, serial numbers, or other tools to assist in accessing such software may subject you to liability. Providing a forum for uploading and downloading any copyrighted file or cracker utility may also be contributory infringement. Even though you may not actually make software directly available on your site, providing assistance (or supporting a forum in which others may provide assistance) in locating unauthorized copies of software, links to download sites, server space, or support for sites that do the above may contributorily infringe.

To succeed on a contributory infringement claim, the copyright owner must show that the webmaster or service provider actually knew or should have known of the infringing activity.

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about in regards to Sparks, since I never mentioned him in my post..
Psst... I'm sorry, I don't care what they "got" Sparks for, the fact remains they can't do jack about having a Wz editing section. Nothing, absolutely nothing is hosted here. Not even the tools that enable Wz Editing/Repacking. We assume the role of a 3rd party, nothing more. To use your scenario, it's like saying if I was with you when you stole the candy bar, but I played no part in it... i.e. I didn't distract the owner or help you escape, I can get in trouble too. No. Again I refer to the 1st Amendment. It is;

Code:
the right to seek information and ideas;
the right to receive information and ideas;
the right to impart information and ideas.

International, regional and national standards also recognize that freedom of speech, as the freedom of expression, includes any medium, be it orally, in written, in print, [b]through the Internet[/b] or through art forms.

If you can show me how we overstepped that boundary of seeking,receiving and/or imparting information and ideas, I'll gladly take myself out of this discussion. Copyright/Intellectual Property laws do not overthrow the Constitution. It'd be a totally different ballgame if we were the ones giving people the tools to carry out these acts, but we are not. The members do that, not us, and even then it's done by outside sources such as MediaFire and MegaUpload.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is not from Lloyd. Nexon have spent a fair bit of money on a highly decorated lawyer. He is very polite and getting straight to the point and it's an honor for them to spend this much money to try and shut us down. Unsure as to why these websites have not mentioned it yet but they may not actually be aware of the pending case against them or they are hiding it, despite that, it is what I was told.

Well, can you ask that polite lawyer about Odin?
I am really interested on how that lawsuit turned out/hows it going, since they haven't updated their site.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you for keeping us informed.

I highly doubt they would have the money to sue every single living private server out there.

If CelinoSEA is currently being sued; then why haven't they shut down or told the general public? MapleTales has been long gone.

And, can you ask Lloyd some information with Odin?
Good joke.

Despite the years they've been at it, they're still throwing all sorts of dumb and stupid accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back