Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Intall HackShield on MapleStory Private?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
have a way to protect my server with a service like hackshield?
If yes, how they do to install Hackshield in my game?
If no, what is the best way to protect my server?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can't use the old GameGuard (if your server version is < 62/75), neither can you use HackShield to protect you server either.

Repacks have built in hack detection already...what repack are you using?

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
have a way to protect my server with a service like hackshield?
If yes, how they do to install Hackshield in my game?
If no, what is the best way to protect my server?

Most servers have a good autoban function.

And also, your GM's should also do hacker hunting.

I suggest you don't open a server for now, and learn some basic things about the sources first :) Just a friendly tip.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Most servers have a good autoban function.

And also, your GM's should also do hacker hunting.

I suggest you don't open a server for now, and learn some basic things about the sources first :) Just a friendly tip.
True...If you have an active player pool of around fifty people, three or four GMs would be able to swiftly clean up any hackers in the server.

Some repacks have a command (!cheaters) that displays any suspected hackers in the server, so check if your repack has it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you have decent knowledge about programming, you can add custom check via dll on memory modifications and even send that value to server for further investigation(put the sleep api like 5~10 sec interval and the checking only in custom region)... this will kick almost 99% of the hackers and you can hunt down the rest by yourself.
BTW another method will be using redirectors since they allow loading of HS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do I implement it? I have to put something at LocalHost? I only have experience with PHP

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ummm... I've been into into reverse engineering for the last 4 months. I've learned a lot, and I can tell you this much. If you don't know jack-poop about reverse engineering then I wouldn't bother. Go learn a programming language, get familiar with it.

Sure you could make a direct-inject module VIA .DLL upon runtime. But that alone won't get you too far if you don't know how HS or GG or XT as rootkits work. You would have to figure out each module call OUTSIDE of the executable, being run upon LoadLibraryA or StartServiceW INSIDE the executable, before you can figure out how to go about your .DLL.

Don't bother.. Otherwise, do what souravipc53 suggested, and use a loopback, it enables for load outside of a modified client.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
HackShield works automatically if you use a redirector. I do not mean LEN. So, there you go. I honestly prefer redirectors to localhosts for this reason. Plus you can customize redirectors to your liking.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
forget it ...
I'll ask a friend to do it
thanks everybody
Sometimes an a/b function is good because it cleans everything up for you, but it's also good educate to have a 'sit' with hackers if you ever want to give them a second chance (which you shouldn't).

Either way, you can still easily maintain your servers legitimacy by manually inspecting each individual player.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do I implement it? I have to put something at LocalHost? I only have experience with PHP
1st-
1. use custom injector like extalia to inject your dll
else
2. add function name to the export section of something like dinput8 to load automatically(HINT: LEN)

2nd-
make a dll which will run a separate thread to check custom memory region. In unpacked clients the code section never changes unless they are forced to.(This is an easy part as well, HINT:maple crc check, or any crc check) , the custom dll will keep sending the crc value periodically and the server will check it. rest is upto you.

Back