Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Job Exclusive Japan MapleStory

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GMS - Job Exclusive Jett
sexdeeza - Job Exclusive Japan MapleStory - RaGEZONE Forums

CMS - Job Exclusive Dragon Warrior
RjJWK - Job Exclusive Japan MapleStory - RaGEZONE Forums

JMS - Job Exclusive...?
sexdeeza - Job Exclusive Japan MapleStory - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
gms had a chance to go with their style, on their exclusive, and they did pirates vs aliens, instead of better lore.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
japanms exclusive actually look cool compared to the 2 previous one...

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Dragon Warriors actually look kinda cool. Better than Jett anyway.

Reaction score
indicate that JMS is getting two exclusive jobs, and not just one.

trust me its not. dragon warriors are poop
Dragon Warriors actually have some merits to them; they play more like a Corsair than Jett does for one. They also have much better potential in 4th job than Jett does. The reason I say this is primarily because they have 105%* mastery after their fourth job, whereas Jett only has 65%. Side note: they also share the same job IDs.

*Since you cannot have this high of mastery it is suggested they cap it at 95%, or they took the minimum damage and made it maximum damage (still being 95% mastery however).

Better name than Jett. What the hell is a Jett?
Apart from naming conventions, let us see what I can do here:

Better name than Aran. What the hell is an Aran? -> Polearm Master
Better name than Evan. What the hell is an Evan? -> Dragon Tamer
Better name than Mercedes. What the hell is a Mercedes? -> Elf King
Better name than Phantom. What the hell is a Phantom? -> Master Thief

Now, we identify that these are actual characters within the over-arching story line that is within this game, but we can make them even more generic by blatantly describing what they are by their name. Which gives you more of a sense of identity rather than just bare generics?

Do you honestly think a video game needs to be within the realm of reality in terms of naming? Apparently nitpicking is cool now if you do.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score

Dragon Warriors actually have some merits to them; they play more like a Corsair than Jett does for one. They also have much better potential in 4th job than Jett does. The reason I say this is primarily because they have 105%* mastery after their fourth job, whereas Jett only has 65%. Side note: they also share the same job IDs.

*Since you cannot have this high of mastery it is suggested they cap it at 95%, or they took the minimum damage and made it maximum damage (still being 95% mastery however).

Now, we identify that these are actual characters within the over-arching story line that is within this game, but we can make them even more generic by blatantly describing what they are by their name. Which gives you more of a sense of identity rather than just bare generics?

Do you honestly think a video game needs to be within the realm of reality in terms of naming? Apparently nitpicking is cool now if you do.

Aran and Evan do not mean anything to me, but I can see Mercedes as the Elf Queen. It is a feminine name suited for a Queen. Phantom is a great name for the Master Thief. It represents him as a shadow. Silky, slippery, and cunning, which is exactly what the job dictates.
I don't see the meaning behind Evan and Aran. Perhaps I'll look them up later.

But seriously, what in God's name is Jett?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Aran is indicative of stability and sustenance. A warrior who wields a polearm can easily be a symbol of stability.
Evan is a name meaning "Young Warrior" in Celtic. A youthful magic warrior who fights with the aid of a dragon certainly fits the bill.
Jett is derived from the word jet, and implies a sort of blackness to it, as in the gemstone, jet. Pirates can be said to be black of heart.

I see nothing wrong with any of these names.

Reaction score
Aran and Evan do not mean anything to me, but I can see Mercedes as the Elf Queen. It is a feminine name suited for a Queen. Phantom is a great name for the Master Thief. It represents him as a shadow. Silky, slippery, and cunning, which is exactly what the job dictates.
I don't see the meaning behind Evan and Aran. Perhaps I'll look them up later.

But seriously, what in God's name is Jett?

I almost exclusively remember them outright stating she was the King/Ruler of the Elves. Just because she is female doesn't mean she cannot be King. In fact, I think you can address anyone on throne, regardless of gender, as a King.

Regardless of that, I do not believe you understand my point. The names given to them are irrelevant because you can essentially skip over that and define them by what they directly are. The same scenario applies to the original explorers: Dragon Knight, Page, Hermit, etc.; each has no identity outside of being what they blatantly are. The levels at which we tie the name together with the identity of the class make it more unique. My examples:

Aran -> Polearm Master -> Warrior -> Human
Evan -> Dragon Tamer -> Magician -> Human
Mercedes -> Ruler of the Elves -> Bowgun wielder -> Bowman -> Elf
Phantom -> Master Thief -> Cane wielder -> Thief -> Human
Jett -> Bounty Hunter -> Gun-user -> Pirate -> Human

What level of abstraction do we finally lose their sense of identity? I would say directly after we lose their name is that exact point.

My point in a nutshell: there is no discernible differences between them and their generics outside of their name which makes them unique to the game. You cannot label something as <insert generic description of class> and expect people to identify with it genuinely - does not work.

Last edited:
Reaction score

easy there, essay writer.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The reason I say this is primarily because they have 105%* mastery after their fourth job, whereas Jett only has 65%. Side note: they also share the same job IDs.

The high mastery was removed when Dragon Warriors hit the live servers.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I almost exclusively remember them outright stating she was the King/Ruler of the Elves. Just because she is female doesn't mean she cannot be King. In fact, I think you can address anyone on throne, regardless of gender, as a King.

Regardless of that, I do not believe you understand my point. The names given to them are irrelevant because you can essentially skip over that and define them by what they directly are. The same scenario applies to the original explorers: Dragon Knight, Page, Hermit, etc.; each has no identity outside of being what they blatantly are. The levels at which we tie the name together with the identity of the class make it more unique. My examples:

Aran -> Polearm Master -> Warrior -> Human
Evan -> Dragon Tamer -> Magician -> Human
Mercedes -> Ruler of the Elves -> Bowgun wielder -> Bowman -> Elf
Phantom -> Master Thief -> Cane wielder -> Thief -> Human
Jett -> Bounty Hunter -> Gun-user -> Pirate -> Human

What level of abstraction do we finally lose their sense of identity? I would say directly after we lose their name is that exact point.

My point in a nutshell: there is no discernible differences between them and their generics outside of their name which makes them unique to the game. You cannot label something as <insert generic description of class> and expect people to identify with it genuinely - does not work.

That was the whole point the legends. They represent the original classes of maple (woth the exception of pirate) they are unique in the sense of their character development. Evam can be dumbed down to magician as much as like, but he's got job advamcements unlike any other character and a dragon. No warrior pulls off combos like Aran. That is what separates him from warriors. Who has mobility like Mercedes? The fact that she can train at lightning fast speeds but have a so-so damage is pretty balanced. She is unique in that sense as well. And Phantom? Im sure he is unique as well. And their namerepresent their personality/traits. That's what names are, right? They are unique whether you like it or not. I can be Tony Starks in a game and call myself unique. Why? He's Iron Man < Rich Man < Inventive Man < Man. But he is still unique in th fact that he has something other people dont have.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lolwat. Dragon Warrior? So now Nexon's taking names from Kung Fu Panda?

Dragons already existed back in the ancient days of China. Emperors in ancient China are often called the son of Dragon/son of God, and they're often classified as heroic warriors, therefore Dragon + Warrior = Dragon Warrior, tadah.

Back