Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

If you were to join an outdated version of an MS PS, what reasons would make u join?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
A server around V59 would be awesome If someone would be able to get it up. B12 V59 had a heavy Influence on me and V59 has a shitload of poop fixed In a repack Iv'e seen before on the forums.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A server around V59 would be awesome If someone would be able to get it up. B12 V59 had a heavy Influence on me and V59 has a shitload of poop fixed In a repack Iv'e seen before on the forums.

What did B12 Have?

@ rest:
I think I'm on the right track to having mature players join then :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
B12 had custom PQ's and awesome custom features. Probably like a FarmerStory for V59 back then though. It was so fun and the features rocked!

Nexon's undercover
Reaction score
100% GMS-Like, I mean really 1x exp rate, but all PQ's and such working, and huge community.
Long story short - what I want isn't possible.

A fair suggestion. Aran's seem to be so much more over-powered than the rest of the jobs.

Not really, back in V83 Aran wasn't so strong.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, here's what my server has.
(Not advertising..)

I hadn't gone to the PQ's, but it's generally a mid-rate 75x server. It gets difficult at level 120+. The general bosses that most people go to, work and job changing doesn't require you to gather items. Zak and Horntail need a party of atleast 3/4 to start, which brings the community together. We've had a few zak runs :p

What else would you add to these set of features to make it better? We also don't do custom edits. We keep it clean.

Lastly, I was also thinking of removing Arans and KoC to keep it Explorer only. Possibly doing what gMS does, and opening them up periodically as an event. Is this a bad idea?

75x, difficult? Sure.

I would only play a PS if and only if I have a lot of friends there.
Come to think of it, I never played any servers except those I coded for / OdinMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I look for unique features, even know everybody here is talking about "gms-like" i'd say it dosn't matter too much in my opinion, but the rates should be fairly low, I mean i've seen enough gms like servers, low rates + really unique is my favourite, even SydneyMS (FarmerStory) did a great job with high rates, everything about that server was stunning, the introduction, I mean it's just things people have not seen in a private server before.

You need something to catch the players attention if you are going with a lower version, I mean with the old server EloquentMS I worked at, and I know you guys are going "awww, not those WZ edits" but I mean we we're only like the 2nd server to heavily use WZ edits after D.chaos MS (in it's time) and it might sound noobish, but hey you can't go wrong with hitting 400 players on a v83 source, it was all uniqueness. But yes, so many servers introduced WZ edits now that it just ruined the whole concept, I would stay away from them now.

But I agree on what others are saying, a low rate older version private server with everything working would be awesome, there would definitely be those players wanting to play there 'Classic MapleStory' and that would be great if somebody could bring it back, certainly because Big Bang has totally altered the old MapleStory to ways people may dislike, there are servers trying to do this already though, i'm not really sure if people don't enjoy these servers or they are just not good, because there player peak is like 20 - 100 players, I have not got a chance to try any of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Possible to make, not possible to have big community, I guess people just like most up-to-date version.

That is also not true. I know so many people that want to play a nice, old nostalgic server that actually has things working. Not "Oh we are working on it!"

People don't want a server half-finished. Someone needs to actually fix all of the features, make sure they're all stable and can handle the possibly large community using those features. Many servers nowadays don't even utilize PQs in their server. That's a big thing for a GMS-like server. Coding all of the NPCs is the next biggest thing. This is all obvious, and trust me, there's much more to making a good nostalgic server. And I have to say flat-out right now, that no server existent right now is doing that right. Not OldStory, not ClassicStory, not any server is doing it right, currently that is. Maybe some other server could possibly show up with all of the things properly done. Who knows. But until that time and day, we will all just wait.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't join any.
face it, it gets old.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you look at how long it took StarCraft II to be completed, it is clear that balancing multiple classes can be difficult. Game developers ran into the same problem with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It's very difficult to balance strengths so that one is not far more powerful than the others.

In MapleStory, I've always thought the Explorer classes were fairly well balanced, but all of these new jobs make the game very complex. While it is neat to see new attacks, I definitely miss a simpler time. I can therefore agree with most everyone in this thread that v83 and below makes for a good starting point.

Still, it is hard to give up the latest equips, mobs, maps, and mounts in exchange for a simpler time. WZ editz plox 10q vrymch

Back