Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

If you were to join an outdated version of an MS PS, what reasons would make u join?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That title is LOOOOOONG.
Anwyays, it's a weird one. But I'm kinda looking at my "demographic".

If you were to join a v55, v62, v75 or v83, why would you? What features in that version would convince you to play over the newer v115's? Would classic old gMS gameplay attract you? Or maybe some type of custom feature, like factions?

I'm asking, because I'm on the brink of finishing my v83. I'm using MoopleDEV rev116, and I've "added" (mostly leached) my content. (Although this could be a huge source for criticism, I'm not the best at coding. I review what I leach, and I try to learn from it. I'm decent at JavaScript, so I can do custom npc's and the more gimmicky stuff.) It's just an important question for me, because I want to attract players (obviously).

And look guys, if you're gonna be an idiot, or flame. Fine, go right ahead, but I'm asking because I want to do something the general consensus wants.

Thanks for the replies,
yours truly, poohead.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
free gm, msi, no donations, fun.

thats wut they wunt

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
oh and if they got money for playing im sure a lot of ppl would play

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not particularly obvious. Some people prefer having NPC's that give out free equips and change jobs and whatnot, and some people prefer high rates.

I know :p, it was a joke.
Cause Kevin made MoopleDEV, and he made the rates all bytes. That implies a lot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hm, I'd play v55 again if someone had a time machine to go back to Odin. I'd play v62/v83 again if someone had a time machine to go back to DestinyMS before it closed.

Post Big Bang... I'd like it more if:

a) PQs hadn't been nerfed
b) Most mobs that cause statuses hadn't been nerfed
c) Exp curve was higher than it is now (Lv 200 in a day is a joke, srsly)
d) Cubes either gave you suitable pot more easily or didn't exist at all
e) If the social/partying aspect of the game hadn't been almost entirely removed in favour of turning it (more) into a damage competition

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not particularly obvious. Some people prefer having NPC's that give out free equips and change jobs and whatnot, and some people prefer high rates.

Most of the players you would attract it by free equips / change jobs aren't normally long term players.
They'll play for some time, and if the community isn't big, they'll be gone in no time.

Low rate is where there's dedicated players.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would play a v62 or v75 IF AND ONLY IF CPQ WAS WORKING ):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would play any version of a pserver before v83 as long as it has (actual) low rates and a majority of the features are working. It would also need to have a fairly high player base for me to stay though, and I feel that is why I never join these pre-BB servers anymore. Because the ones that do exist are extremely underpopulated or full of hackers which is a real turn off for me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, here's what my server has.
(Not advertising..)

I hadn't gone to the PQ's, but it's generally a mid-rate 75x server. It gets difficult at level 120+. The general bosses that most people go to, work and job changing doesn't require you to gather items. Zak and Horntail need a party of atleast 3/4 to start, which brings the community together. We've had a few zak runs :p

What else would you add to these set of features to make it better? We also don't do custom edits. We keep it clean.

Lastly, I was also thinking of removing Arans and KoC to keep it Explorer only. Possibly doing what gMS does, and opening them up periodically as an event. Is this a bad idea?

UNTIL THEN!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, here's what my server has.
(Not advertising..)

I hadn't gone to the PQ's, but it's generally a mid-rate 75x server. It gets difficult at level 120+. The general bosses that most people go to, work and job changing doesn't require you to gather items. Zak and Horntail need a party of atleast 3/4 to start, which brings the community together. We've had a few zak runs :p

What else would you add to these set of features to make it better? We also don't do custom edits. We keep it clean.

Lastly, I was also thinking of removing Arans and KoC to keep it Explorer only. Possibly doing what gMS does, and opening them up periodically as an event. Is this a bad idea?

Well, don't make a event for Aran and just make it so people can't make them/have them. Make It so you can only make Cygnus Knights with a event or whatever. That's my opinion. Just because Cygnus Knights have a level cap of 120.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, don't make a event for Aran and just make it so people can't make them/have them. Make It so you can only make Cygnus Knights with a event or whatever. That's my opinion. Just because Cygnus Knights have a level cap of 120.

A fair suggestion. Aran's seem to be so much more over-powered than the rest of the jobs.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
low rate, nice community, nice events and such. Decent features, something close to gms like i guess.

Best server I ever played was AuraSEA. Beast server it was :'(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If it's fun and the game mod is fair, why not.

Back