Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Level 250

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Some of the veteran players in GMS still play.

I'm sure some of them might train. I know Novinha still plays frequently in Scania. I know Curry gets on ever so often.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Some of the veteran players in GMS still play.

I'm sure some of them might train. I know Novinha still plays frequently in Scania. I know Curry gets on ever so often.
Really!? How do you know this, that's pretty cool actually.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
lol but curryishott is banned

Just noticed this. He was getting on ever so often though before.

Novinha still gets on because I've talked to him/her. (Few months ago).

I can't say the same for any of the other originals.

However, I am extremely interested to see if any of the vets will come back to GMS just to level up.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
how did this player managed to get a character like that banneD?

Exactly what I'm wondering. When I looked at rankings yesterday (due to me being curious and looking at veterans after replying to this thread). I noticed he wasn't even on the rankings.

Thought maybe the rankings got fucked up some how, but I guess not.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
nexon rarely fucks up when it comes to rankings and such...probably banned

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
nexon rarely fucks up when it comes to rankings and such...probably banned

There are times where NEXON rankings have become fucked up and haven't fixed it. I also know that NEXON has issues updating rankings and it won't be updated for months at a time.

It's NEXON. What do you expect. :p

Reaction score
I think it will be an improvement, IF they add 5th job, and/or keep it near the same difficulty to get to 250 as it is to 200.

Either way, MapleStory has gone to poop.
I miss the old days..

Also, Curryishott deleted his account apparently, no ban, so I read.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how did this player managed to get a character like that banneD?

He was a hacker and got caught after a while. I had no idea he was a hacker, but apparently many from scania have had issues with him being of this status. I play bera though, so I didn't hear about any of this until he actually got banned and the drama went public.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already figured this was coming soon since they lowered the levels needed for each job advancement. 5th job is one of the logical next steps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, since they're raising the money cap as well. Did they have to switch the integer values for everything in the game to achieve this? Or just for player currency. Been a while since I was in computer science, but isn't it currently in like, int(small) so the cap is 2.14?

I could also easily see that they'd only have to change the integer type on currency, but if they had to rewrite player systems, than private servers could easily achieve higher levels than 255.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, since they're raising the money cap as well. Did they have to switch the integer values for everything in the game to achieve this? Or just for player currency. Been a while since I was in computer science, but isn't it currently in like, int(small) so the cap is 2.14?

I could also easily see that they'd only have to change the integer type on currency, but if they had to rewrite player systems, than private servers could easily achieve higher levels than 255.

The level cap was possible using 32-bit. As far as changing it to 64 bit to acquire higher values such as the raised max mesos, I would assume they'd have too unless they found another method.

Back