Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Luminous & KMST v. 1.2.435

Reaction score
*Warning: Post contains speculation as well as potentially temporary changes (in terms of content); nothing in this post that is not derived from the references is purely speculation and not fact.

Character Creation Screen:
Zygon - Luminous & KMST v. 1.2.435 - RaGEZONE Forums
It seems as if this is the final hero job and the Black Mage is almost ready to make his grand appearance. Luminous is a magician that uses a Shining Rod as a primary weapon and an orb as a secondary weapon. He also wields a special characteristic that allows him to use Light and Dark based attacks, with this he exhibits a special trait in which the more he uses one skill the more powerful the opposite will become. Basically, the more you use a dark-attribute skill the more a light-attribute skill's power will increase. There's a UI that shows how potent one of your attack types should be compared to the other as shown in the SS below. Not only do they have of this, but they are also voice-acted as well!

Not only did we get a sneak preview of the newest and final hero of MapleStory! We bare witness to further changes to the existing classes: all classes excluding KoC and Evan will now advance to 3rd job at level 60 and 4th at level 100. This seems to be a drastic change of direction and suggests future content for all the classes (such a drastic change to almost warrant a 5th job advancement, but just speculation of course). Don't worry, all of the 2nd job skills have been adjusted to compensate for that 30 SP you won't be getting anymore. Not only did this change, but it seems that NexonKR decided to get rid of the secondary stat requirement on all equipment except Empress equipment.

Portal graphics got changed also.

Edit #1: Apparently Phantom took a huge nerf to the face as well. It seems there's a cooldown with Talent of the Phantom Thief (I-IV) now and most of their skills got a % cut. Honestly this nerf was completely unjustified in my opinion, it seemed to me as if Phantom was fairly balanced.

Edit #2: Yea... They get a keydown that can be toggled up and down at various angles... Yea, this is literally the most over-powered class ever to come to Maple. The mobbing potential for this thing is literally insane.

Courtesy of iAmFear from SP:
PMIa0 - Luminous & KMST v. 1.2.435 - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit #3: Here's some videos of them training:

References:
orangemushroom.wordpress.com
southperry.net

I personally feel that all of these changes are a bit much to take in over a solitary patch, and would have preferred them spread out over more; however, it is good to see the future of MapleStory in one quick sweep instead of over time.

Discuss comments/concerns ~

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
GMS has yet another job to make.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
duck...luminous looks so awesome...
so awesome, yo may as well call it luminerf ㅠㅠ

my mikhail hasn't been nerfed yet so i guess i'm lucky, the new resistance revamp is really over powered too though. i think imma keep my mech xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah its really looks awesome, i hope it will come soon to GMS.......
thanks for the info :p

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's ok, i'm not expecting it though sorta lame imo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
According to those video's , we now have a job that have skills that make battle moan sounds.

Also,
I find it funny that nexon's removing all the negative aspects/attributes of every player. It defies the balance of the game, but it does save a man's dollars invested.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
duck...luminous looks so awesome...
so awesome, yo may as well call it luminerf ㅠㅠ

my mikhail hasn't been nerfed yet so i guess i'm lucky, the new resistance revamp is really over powered too though. i think imma keep my mech xD

Badboy, tht's what Arca kept calling at, luminerf luminerf luminerf at guild. LOL
AND YOU HAFTA SLEEP MORE. -_______________-.
inb4 mikhail nerf. waiting for your mechanic to go 70 today hopefully. :p

on-topic:
Yes, really inb4 luminerf.
I still like how it's hurricane could move diagonally. And that merged dark/light skill that hits 900k+.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like, what's the point in even playing the original 4 explorers anymore? They're way under-powered compared to these jobs, geez...

In some cases, nexon balanced it out (Such as I/Ls were OP a few patches back etc) , they have revamps coming up for each of the jobs (the thief and pirate revamp is coming soon)

Reaction score
In some cases, nexon balanced it out (Such as I/Ls were OP a few patches back etc) , they have revamps coming up for each of the jobs (the thief and pirate revamp is coming soon)

Helllll yeah. I can't wait for the thief revamp. It's been stuck at 110 for quite some time, and I'm finally gonna get it to 4th job (always been my dream, lame I know).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Like, what's the point in even playing the original 4 explorers anymore? They're way under-powered compared to these jobs, geez...

bishop has holy symbol
night lord has OP as duck equips duped around

yea thats about it

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Damn that looks awesome.
Can't wait till it comes out in KMS :glare:

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Played this on KMST for a few hours and I love it.
Zygon - Luminous & KMST v. 1.2.435 - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit #1: Apparently Phantom took a huge nerf to the face as well. It seems there's a cooldown with Talent of the Phantom Thief (I-IV) now and most of their skills got a % cut. Honestly this nerf was completely unjustified in my opinion, it seemed to me as if Phantom was fairly balanced.

The cooldown is only used for changing the skills, so that you can't change the skills so fast.

Last edited:
Nae-un <33
Reaction score
Holy ... is KMS trying to turn into a private server? Luminous shouldn't even be a class.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Most likely a nerf will happen on Luminous.
Hence i name it Luminerf. :p
Well, KMS oh KMS.
I'm speechless.
Now start making monsters as job.
So you can play as a slime. with HEAD-BUTT!

lmaojk.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Holy ... is KMS trying to turn into a private server? Luminous shouldn't even be a class.
You'd be surprised what NK has turned into .. shame really. But then again I mean on some level I do understand, it's been so long since MS has come out that it's more or less now, about "candy appeal", there's only so much of something people can take before they get too bored.

Back