Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maple in 10 years?

Reaction score
Actually the system requirements are a bit out of date, but I agree with everything else you said. The only possible exception is the Wizet developers who have been failing a bit more recently. No one here is pro though, so you're probably right.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ehh.. I've heard from nexon that.. MapleStory will go on for at least 7 or 10 years.. and you are probably right.. it will get boring.. unless something BIG happens other then Chaos Patch.. such as.. hmm.. 3-D RPG might be a change and Character Movement and Sounds ETC.. XD JUST BRAIN STORMING :)

Reaction score
Ehh.. I've heard from nexon that.. MapleStory will go on for at least 7 or 10 years.. and you are probably right.. it will get boring.. unless something BIG happens other then Chaos Patch.. such as.. hmm.. 3-D RPG might be a change and Character Movement and Sounds ETC.. XD JUST BRAIN STORMING :)

I honestly would lose all interest if MS became 3D. The chibis already look awkward in 2D. Not to mention that the more three dimensional cartoons they have made for MS are just plain ugly in general.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay, and if you can't double what they say is required, you need a new computer.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
By now, 8 years have passed since i started this thread. In my opinion, we had the right approaches at that time. Short time i am back in the private server scene and i must say that I prefer the older version of the game (prebb). You can also play global but I personally lose interest after a short time. One thing bothering me is the pay-to-win aspect, which becomes bigger and bigger.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This thread is old af. How bout another 10 years? I doubt it will make it to 5

Reaction score
Actually the main story is coming to an end. Black mage patch will be coming to GMS within the next few months and that should conclude it with the black mage boss. Hope its hype.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Actually the main story is coming to an end. Black mage patch will be coming to GMS within the next few months and that should conclude it with the black mage boss. Hope its hype.

I agree with you, I believe the game will stop at v200 and remain at 200 for sometime until it dies out. Which is only 3 more updates.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I agree with you, I believe the game will stop at v200 and remain at 200 for sometime until it dies out. Which is only 3 more updates.
You're going to be real sad when the next patch comes out after black mage.

Idk why a company with a game as popular as MapleStory would just randomly stop developing because the 'big boss' that we know of in the storyline dies. MapleStory is still a top 10 most played game in korea and considering the developers are in korea maple wont be dying after this patch.

I think everyone is expecting GMS to get shutdown someday though but I still expect a year minimum(I wouldn't be surprised if longer) before that which is enough time for black mage + another update to come out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Holy crap, this thread is ancient...hahaha, it's been 8 years, though. Close enough. I think that MapleStory 2 is bringing life back into Nexon. Lets hope that it doesn't poop the bed like the original MapleStory did.

I'm lowkey gonna be upset if GMS shuts down </3

Reaction score
Holy crap, this thread is ancient...hahaha, it's been 8 years, though. Close enough. I think that MapleStory 2 is bringing life back into Nexon. Lets hope that it doesn't poop the bed like the original MapleStory did.

I'm lowkey gonna be upset if GMS shuts down </3

Welp, that poop the bed as well, it seems. 1 more year!

^^^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This came true

I disagree.

It's more interesting with more jobs (this is also completely subjective). Some of the classes I played a few years ago were very fun and interactive. They were far better than the old jobs that were in the game originally.
The game is hardly messed up and private servers have way more issues in terms of bugs. You also have the drama where people try to pack malware into their servers and pretend it's anticheat. You have people that steal people's information and store passwords in plaintext on purpose. Private servers in general are far more shady.
The download size is much smaller than most games.
No fun gaming is completely subjective, but people that play now seem to enjoy it.

Basically none of the stuff is true.

A large amount of people said the game will be gone, people will ALL have moved onto new games, but the game is still alive, and about as popular as it was a few years ago. People said the game will take up too much space, be too hard to maintain, and while there are some issues, this is hardly true at all. As far as I can tell it's still going strong and the same whales are still whaling even after a decade.

The main things that came true in this thread is that the game didn't die...

Reaction score
That is impossible, if you mean what I think you mean.. And Einstein proved that it was impossible.
And btw, monopole is an awesome game, a billion times better than all of Nexons games put together(That'd be hilarious).

Most scientists do think it is impossible, but there is no proof for its nonexistence.

Back