Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maple in 10 years?

return null;
Reaction score
I think that in 10 years, Maplestory would be released for xBox kinect using 9 CD´s.

-- Please clap you´re hands to enter Orbis. --
|
|
|_SERVER WARNING - please insert cd 9 to enter Orbis.

No, offence but that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

x42

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It'll be around, trust me...

I still play and love MR.Robot on my C64 (released in 1984 tho I was given it at age of 4 in 1994).

I'm sure that there will be people like me who love retro games and therefore will play it..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i swear to god if somebody brings up another dipshit conspiracy theory about the world ending i'll slap them straight across the face. some scientists are "rescheduling" 2012 to some other shenanigans event, IT'S ALL PARANOIA FOLKS

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Reaction score
Now without kidding: i agree with a lot of people that they are going to face a hard time since they need to keep adding stuff. But if there does not happen anything unsuspected, they will find a way to keep running. Even if it means they need to do a second BigBang, making the game 3D, or you call it.

And @mertjuh: Das nou brabantse humor jonge!

Last edited:
return null;
Reaction score
Now without kidding: i agree with a lot of people that they are going to face a hard time since they need to keep adding stuff. But if there does not happen anything unsuspected, they will find a way to keep running. Even if it means they need to do a second BigBang, making the game 3D, or you call it.

And @mertjuh: Das nou brabantse humor jonge!

Oh dan heb ik humorloze buren. ^^"

Reaction score
I think they're going to loose money, theres too much poop so theres players constantly competing for the better cash item or whatever. Soon people are just going to give up ==" Oh and you cant bring cash items from One job type to the other. Which pisses me off :(

Another way of Nexon to earn more money hahahahah

Smoke & Fly
Reaction score
They'll probably invent new ways for people to level without having to grind all the time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
One day, a bunch of people are going to realize that they've all been Nexon'd.

And then they're gonna crowd Willshire Blvd with signs and pitchforks and throw sushi at the windows of Nexon.

And then the founder yell something weird and throw a pile of papers out the window.

And then the kids in the street will "ding dong the glitch is dead the wicked glitch the glitch is dead..."

And then the whole building will sink in to the ground as a boiling black liquid while the Nexon victims splash in it with their rain boots.

And then, people like us will say "Ooh goody! I make V.199 server nao! And not get in trouble by the evil glitches.

kk im done.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Probably wrong, but pretty damn sure that's what people said when MapleStory was first released. Have to remember that at that time, 3D was the new biggest thing that everyone was crazy about. And guess what... MS survived and thrived in it.

Funny. 2D side-scrolling is a genre of it's own..so as long as people who like the style..it will always exist. 3D may be big, but I'm not hyped at all. I could care less about those 3D monitors and televisions coming out..mad useless and I'd rather save my eyes from any more damage.

Smoke & Fly
Reaction score
Funny. 2D side-scrolling is a genre of it's own..so as long as people who like the style..it will always exist. 3D may be big, but I'm not hyped at all. I could care less about those 3D monitors and televisions coming out..mad useless and I'd rather save my eyes from any more damage.
3D is the future. It's going to take over television once it hits, like digital did to cable. Everyone is going to be playing on a big butt 3D TV's with xbox 720 and Call of Duty 69, and you're gonna be playing maplestory.
In 10 years that is.

may web.very maple.pls.
Reaction score
More like 4D TV on the xbox 1440 and be playing COD 157 while some player MapleStory v800.98 Episode 90..

Smoke & Fly
Reaction score
More like 4D TV on the xbox 1440 and be playing COD 157 while some player MapleStory v800.98 Episode 90..
Lol 4D TV, i wonder what that would look like.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I hope nexon dies, they a/bed me for flying in FM. I Lol'd and just went back to my private servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can this post get any more stupid and bias?

Stupid and Biased? This is asking you what you do think Maple will be like in 10 years. It's meant to be biased. I don't think it's stupid, very good thread.

Last edited:
Smoke & Fly
Reaction score
Stupid and Biased? This is asking you what you do think Maple will be like in 10 years. It's meant to be biased. I don't think it's stupid, very good thread.
Lol'd hard. He was talking about your post, not the thread.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Maybe in 10 years Maple will be gone. But it doesn't matter, none of you are giving remotely good reasons for it going away. Download size? Really? Runes of Magic, shittiest MMO I've ever played has somewhere up around the 7 gig client download. Plus, I'm sure Wizet is smart enough to pack their files. If we can cut them down to ~40 megs with XML's, I'm sure Wizet can find some way to make the .wz files smaller.

As for you guys saying "Maplestory will be out performed by technology", you're so smart. As somebody else said "we got all hyped about a 1024x768 resolution in 2010" You really think Maplestory players stick around because of the technology that goes into the game? It came out on top during the rise of 3d games, and it's a 2d sidescroller. Oh and it's got in what, the top 5 of the most registered daily players out of all free MMO's? If it were going to die because of technology I'm sure it would've happened by now.

10 years from now, I have no idea what's going to happen. With how strongly MS is running there's doubts it'll die out, but then 10 years is a LONG time, so we never know. I know I won't be around to find out, that's for damn sure.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

You're an idiot. You want Nexon to die because they Autobanned you for using a fly hack, and then said "I'll just go back to my private servers". Sorry kid, no PServer developers that I've seen have the ability that Wizet's dev team has, and if that dies how long do you think PServers will last? Not very long. It'll flourish - greatly - for a couple months, then die 100x as fast as Nexon did.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I refuse to believe that 3D technology will ever overtake television. It causes MUCH more eye damage than CRT monitors or LCD monitors or even LED monitors. It won't take anything over.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Are people really bitching about the Required System Abilities?
OS Windows 98ME/2K/XP
CPU 3-1Ghz
RAM 128MB
HDD 1.5GB
VGA 3D Acceleration card
SOUND N/A
NETWORK 56kbps Modem

...If you can't even support that, go buy a computer from the goodwill for 25$.

Back