Maple in 10 years?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    InactiveRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    68Posts

Re: Maple in 10 years?

I hope nexon dies, they a/bed me for flying in FM. I Lol'd and just went back to my private servers.

InactiveRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    388Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neotheangel View Post
    I hope nexon dies, they a/bed me for flying in FM. I Lol'd and just went back to my private servers.
    Can this post get any more stupid and bias?

InactiveRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    68Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynu View Post
    Can this post get any more stupid and bias?
    Stupid and Biased? This is asking you what you do think Maple will be like in 10 years. It's meant to be biased. I don't think it's stupid, very good thread.
    Last edited by neotheangel; 25-02-11 at 03:48 AM.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    3,419Posts

Stupid and Biased? This is asking you what you do think Maple will be like in 10 years. It's meant to be biased. I don't think it's stupid, very good thread.
    Lol'd hard. He was talking about your post, not the thread.

InactiveRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    1,097Posts

Maybe in 10 years Maple will be gone. But it doesn't matter, none of you are giving remotely good reasons for it going away. Download size? Really? Runes of Magic, shittiest MMO I've ever played has somewhere up around the 7 gig client download. Plus, I'm sure Wizet is smart enough to pack their files. If we can cut them down to ~40 megs with XML's, I'm sure Wizet can find some way to make the .wz files smaller.

As for you guys saying "Maplestory will be out performed by technology", you're so smart. As somebody else said "we got all hyped about a 1024x768 resolution in 2010" You really think Maplestory players stick around because of the technology that goes into the game? It came out on top during the rise of 3d games, and it's a 2d sidescroller. Oh and it's got in what, the top 5 of the most registered daily players out of all free MMO's? If it were going to die because of technology I'm sure it would've happened by now.

10 years from now, I have no idea what's going to happen. With how strongly MS is running there's doubts it'll die out, but then 10 years is a LONG time, so we never know. I know I won't be around to find out, that's for damn sure.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

You're an idiot. You want Nexon to die because they Autobanned you for using a fly hack, and then said "I'll just go back to my private servers". Sorry kid, no PServer developers that I've seen have the ability that Wizet's dev team has, and if that dies how long do you think PServers will last? Not very long. It'll flourish - greatly - for a couple months, then die 100x as fast as Nexon did.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I refuse to believe that 3D technology will ever overtake television. It causes MUCH more eye damage than CRT monitors or LCD monitors or even LED monitors. It won't take anything over.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Are people really bitching about the Required System Abilities?
    OS Windows 98ME/2K/XP
    CPU 3-1Ghz
    RAM 128MB
    HDD 1.5GB
    VGA 3D Acceleration card
    SOUND N/A
    NETWORK 56kbps Modem

...If you can't even support that, go buy a computer from the goodwill for 25$.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    794Posts

Actually the system requirements are a bit out of date, but I agree with everything else you said. The only possible exception is the Wizet developers who have been failing a bit more recently. No one here is pro though, so you're probably right.
    Co-owner of MoongraMS v88 (April 2010 - Jan 2012)

InactiveRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    4Posts

Ehh.. I've heard from nexon that.. MapleStory will go on for at least 7 or 10 years.. and you are probably right.. it will get boring.. unless something BIG happens other then Chaos Patch.. such as.. hmm.. 3-D RPG might be a change and Character Movement and Sounds ETC.. XD JUST BRAIN STORMING :)

True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    IllinoisLocation
    1,204Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LOLitsDENNY View Post
    Ehh.. I've heard from nexon that.. MapleStory will go on for at least 7 or 10 years.. and you are probably right.. it will get boring.. unless something BIG happens other then Chaos Patch.. such as.. hmm.. 3-D RPG might be a change and Character Movement and Sounds ETC.. XD JUST BRAIN STORMING :)
    I honestly would lose all interest if MS became 3D. The chibis already look awkward in 2D. Not to mention that the more three dimensional cartoons they have made for MS are just plain ugly in general.

InactiveRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    1,097Posts

Okay, and if you can't double what they say is required, you need a new computer.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    329Posts

By now, 8 years have passed since i started this thread. In my opinion, we had the right approaches at that time. Short time i am back in the private server scene and i must say that I prefer the older version of the game (prebb). You can also play global but I personally lose interest after a short time. One thing bothering me is the pay-to-win aspect, which becomes bigger and bigger.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    HenesysLocation
    292Posts

This thread is old af. How bout another 10 years? I doubt it will make it to 5
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

True MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    The VoidLocation
    731Posts

Actually the main story is coming to an end. Black mage patch will be coming to GMS within the next few months and that should conclude it with the black mage boss. Hope its hype.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    HenesysLocation
    292Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baha View Post
    Actually the main story is coming to an end. Black mage patch will be coming to GMS within the next few months and that should conclude it with the black mage boss. Hope its hype.
    I agree with you, I believe the game will stop at v200 and remain at 200 for sometime until it dies out. Which is only 3 more updates.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MemberRank
    Mar 2016 Join Date
    61Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffery30162 View Post
    I agree with you, I believe the game will stop at v200 and remain at 200 for sometime until it dies out. Which is only 3 more updates.
    You're going to be real sad when the next patch comes out after black mage.

Idk why a company with a game as popular as MapleStory would just randomly stop developing because the 'big boss' that we know of in the storyline dies. MapleStory is still a top 10 most played game in korea and considering the developers are in korea maple wont be dying after this patch.

I think everyone is expecting GMS to get shutdown someday though but I still expect a year minimum(I wouldn't be surprised if longer) before that which is enough time for black mage + another update to come out.
    Owner of Vertisy source which none should use.

Peenix

MemberRank
    Oct 2017 Join Date
    8Posts

Holy crap, this thread is ancient...hahaha, it's been 8 years, though. Close enough. I think that MapleStory 2 is bringing life back into Nexon. Lets hope that it doesn't shit the bed like the original MapleStory did.

I'm lowkey gonna be upset if GMS shuts down </3

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Advertisement