Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleStory 2 CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I can actually see this playing out rather well, if they execute it right. Knowing Nexon, though, they'd rather go on a suing brigade then code a decent game/client. I now see this turning out rather badly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The screen shot is fake its a game called Punch Monster.

"After NCsoft's acquirement of NextPlay, the developer of Punch Monster, we are excited to find that PM is now under pre open beta test and will enter OBT in Korea soon. In MMOsite's 2007 April fool news, Punch Monster's screenshots were used to cheat as MapleStory 2's screenshots. As Nexon has confirmed MapleStory 2 project last year. It would be very interesting to see the competition between Punch Monster and MapleStory 2."

Don't know if its the same but the screenshot seems pretty similar haha.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Google or YouTube up "EverPlanet" there's a lot of informations on it. It's supposedly MapleStory 2.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Maplestory only looks good in 2D. & Even though if Maplestory was out for a few good years, it feels too soon for a "new" Maplestory.

Zzzz...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is kind of cool:

Looking at the "How many titles do you expect to release in FY2012?" tab...
A few things to keep in mind when thinking about our business model. Because of the way our revenue line works under our free-to-play model, our games start off small and grow revenues over time.
We expect to launch about 8-10 games in 2012 and would expect some of those games could turn out to be hits. A few of the games that have high internal buzz that we expect to release this year are as follows:
Mabinogi 2
is a game based on the Mabinogi backstory, but in a very different game world. We think it will expand the overall audience. Our teams are also developing Counter-Strike Online 2, the sequel to the hit game we have developed with Valve. Other games incorporating new technology are scheduled to launch, such as 3 Kingdoms 3D on the Unity platform (genre: MMORPG; launching late 2012).

The Mabinogi 2 thing leads me to believe that the maplestory sequel could very well be legit. I guess Nexon didn't expect the gamers to look at their shareholder information.... :D

Thanks to for sharing nexons shareholder site :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe if we're lucky they'll start it over again. 4 jobs, no ossyria.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2D Is the only thing that makes Maplestory unique.

Damn Nexon.

But we'll still have Private Server ;)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'd suppose if there's really a 3D version,
They'd still keep the 2D version online as it is as to earn for... profit...
Way to go... donxon.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As well said before 2D makes Maple unique if they change to 3D Maple will just be one of those shity 3D games.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ty for getting that to us , but that will make ppl leave the original and join private servers :)

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please don't bump old discussions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back