Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleStory 2 CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I dont really care xD but altho i like 2d better

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
if you want more info about this heres a link.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you want more info about this heres a link.

Thank you.

Lol'd, would actually be good to start development on it.

MapleStory in 3d look like poop ;< I prefer 2d.

Agreed D:

pisssss offf........I can't believe what's going to happen if Maple...changes...

I don't think anything would change, Maple will always be Maple <3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I rather prefer a 2D MapleStory Than a 3D
Anyways looking forward to it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MapleStory is known as a 2D side-scrolling game, if they change it, I can't imagine what the players will feel.... zzzz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling it'll be another game.
aka hosted differently

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think we're not looking at the possible bright side of all this. With the arrival of MS2, maybe just maybe they'll shutdown MS1 which means maybe Nexon would leave people alone in the ps development cuz I could be wrong but when have they shut down a v55 server since starting this whole crusade? It looks like they go after current stuff close in line with whatever their version happens to be at the time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think we're not looking at the possible bright side of all this. With the arrival of MS2, maybe just maybe they'll shutdown MS1 which means maybe Nexon would leave people alone in the ps development cuz I could be wrong but when have they shut down a v55 server since starting this whole crusade? It looks like they go after current stuff close in line with whatever their version happens to be at the time.

RaptorJesus - MapleStory 2 CONFIRMED - RaGEZONE Forums

And risk losing 90% of their income? no.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not risking if MS2 is the only thing to play. Did you do the swap over from psx to ps2? or xbox to xbox 360? It's the same concept. btw nice picard pic lol

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not risking if MS2 is the only thing to play. Did you do the swap over from psx to ps2? or xbox to xbox 360? It's the same concept. btw nice picard pic lol

Not really,

I swapped from the Gamecube to the Wii , i could still play my Gamecube games.

problem? :8:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am sorry for this wall of text

@subline - what i meant is if you want new content, games, support, etc. can you continue on with the systems? does nintendo still offer support for gamecube, (i.e. new games) other then making wii backwards compatible being able to still play your gamecube games is the equivalent to saying you can still play ms, cuz you have a server.

Now I wasn't saying MS1 would go away just that I hope it would. however, I will say this for the record, one of them will end up going away. Either MS2 will take off and they'll shut down MS1 or it'll be a flop and it'll shutdown. it's not cost effective to to have your base split between the 2 when you can just shut down one and make all go to one version (remember, nexon has made dumb choices before) i'll give an example of this in the business world also.

who here knows of White wolf publishing? They're a tabletop rpg company who the world of darkness gaming line. They are usually known for Vampire the Masquerade, which I played almost since it's inception. Come about a couple years back, they pulled the plug on the whole line and totally revamped it. They changed the game mechanics, storyline, pretty much everything. My point is, during that period there was a huge uproar over the Vtm loyalists which was all there base actually. That didn't stop them. They didn't run them side by side or even delegate Vtm to online pdf production. They stopped it completely and released Vampire the Requim. Of course, after 10 years, they've re-released a 1-shot of Vtm but that was after conducting a census on how many players would buy it.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maplestory can't be a 3D game... Just like runescape 7 yrs ago. I used to play it when it was 2D, and since it changed to 3D I quit hah. If Maplestory turns 3D it's gonna ruin the game.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With Maplestory, the concept of mushroom stores etc would be TOTALLY ruined if it went 3D.

Hence my reasoning of it being a seperate game the biggest possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back