Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, clean client is clean. IP is 209.160.33.9 for anyone who wishes to use this. GameGuard is bypassed at 00771840 & 007714F0. The multiclient mutex checks still exist in WinMain and there's no UFJ or Tubi, but swear filter checks were stripped at 00466E58. Pretty crazy how the same exact checks nopped in those functions are still how we do it today, more than a decade later.. Nice find nonetheless, I can't believe a link for that install would exist after all these years.

It's from an archive I have access to for a long time completely unrelated to MapleStory, and more so for GunBound. I just remembered that those installs could be useful, so I checked it out. May have more soon, and will upload them if I indeed do.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Pretty crazy how the same exact checks nopped in those functions are still how we do it today, more than a decade later..

Compilers are deterministic and probably Nexon build / startup code didn't changed much, WvsMutex is a good example, always there. Just to give you more context, I have a friend who had to do a change in a piece of cobol code from 1997 some months ago:p.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's v204, pretty small update with nothing crazy. Just seems to be an event update before a big one comes.

|

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another month, another update! Here's v205, decently sized update (1.14GB). This update includes Pathfinder.

|

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Added v0.50 GMS Localhost. This came from LocalMS's 2008 installer, so the IP has to be changed. I checked and the client is unpacked. Because client editing was not really a thing in 2008 it's very likely this client is clean.

Holy Jesus THE NOSTALGIA of seeing this installer, client, and that message from Leo. <3 I'm still in contact, somewhat, with Simon... I miss the LocalMS crew, they were amazing. GMing for LocalMS was a blast. <3 Very nice and interesting find indeed, thanks for the nostalgia trip, Kim. Lmao.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: MapleStory new client archive (#GMSDLReborn)

176 corrupted,
I'm uploading now, link will be up soon

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
maplestorysea v44
https://mega.nz/#!xHhxEYQa!MoEB_XoG9IqW8BzKTACgj51qZWyqt0332rBnT6dY3s0

Very interesting! MapleSEA is very lacking, so SEA clients are very welcome :)

Added to archive.

Also, took a very small look and it seems to be based on a GMS version post v39
- Has mounts
- 4th job skills exist, but their string does not
- MapleTV's
- Still uses Old MapleStory logo
- World map is still old
- Amoria is missing outside of 4 maps

Already has a couple of non-GMS things, such as

- Singapore (the login theme is that, so perhaps it just came out)*
- Shanghai - China
- Fishing events (Fishing King)
- There seems no Chinese support yet (like later SEA clients)

*I know GMS has Singapore, but they had it first.

Thanks for the client! Feel free to share more if you got them satoshinakamoto

Staff member
Reaction score
Some more goodies from the past!

- Added TMS v0.13. Both CD rip and a direct download. A version we didn't had yet.
- Added TMS v0.47 CD rip. This, we already had, but not as original CD. Hooray.

Screenshots:
Kimberly - MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive - RaGEZONE Forums

Kimberly - MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks to Dl Dl! If you got more let me know :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ah , i have a client of VMS (offical vietnam maple story) ~ 10 years ago, here it is , but i dont know which version it is and its just a client without localhost, but can we use the localhost of the others for this ? If possible

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ah , i have a client of VMS (offical vietnam maple story) ~ 10 years ago, here it is , but i dont know which version it is and its just a client without localhost, but can we use the localhost of the others for this ? If possible, please mail me which version it is, and can i make a offline game with it ? cause it has my language inside, maybe.
HaRepacker says v23 and it also has hackshield.

Interesting. It has job 500 but no 510.
Has Monster Carnival data in wz
4th job
Seems to have tournament UI.

idk how to check what this is compared to GMS

Did a quick memory dump and it has byte opcodes(like pre-v41/v42 for GMS)
1 of the tournament packets is missing :( idc to dig anymore
CField::OnPacket - 004D7212
CWvsContext::OnPacket - 0075055B
CCashShop::OnPacket - 00459626
CLogin::OnPacket - 0051E062
CStage::OnPacket - 005E4B1A

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah , i have a client of VMS (offical vietnam maple story) ~ 10 years ago, here it is , but i dont know which version it is and its just a client without localhost, but can we use the localhost of the others for this ? If possible

Checked it out with Arnah and pretty sure it's around v52~v55 GMS content wise. It also has all the exclusive MapleSEA stuff, so likely based of the MapleSEA client. Seems packed with Armadillo (first Maplestory client ever packed with that?), and has Hackshield like mentioned by Arnah. Great stuff!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
:D Can i make a offline game with that (with the localhost off maplesea, maybe), play alone and enjoy the old days ? since 10 years from the last time server shutdown, i still missed the old days much :( and i can't play any server because of nexon banning vietnam's ip.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Very interesting! MapleSEA is very lacking, so SEA clients are very welcome :)

Added to archive.

Also, took a very small look and it seems to be based on a GMS version post v39
- Has mounts
- 4th job skills exist, but their string does not
- MapleTV's
- Still uses Old MapleStory logo
- World map is still old
- Amoria is missing outside of 4 maps

Already has a couple of non-GMS things, such as

- Singapore (the login theme is that, so perhaps it just came out)*
- Shanghai - China
- Fishing events (Fishing King)
- There seems no Chinese support yet (like later SEA clients)

*I know GMS has Singapore, but they had it first.

Thanks for the client! Feel free to share more if you got them @satoshinakamoto

Dear Maplers,
There will be a game client patch and server maintenance for MapleSEA on 2nd Aug 2007, from 0930HRs (+8 GMT) to 1200HRS (+8 GMT). The Game Service will be down during this period. Please logout before this time to avoid any loss of items.
The upcoming patch includes:

Version 0.44

- Launched of our very own SG Exclusive Map!
- New Quests available in SG Exclusive Map!
- New Maps available in SG Exclusive Map!
- Introducing National Flag Weapon Quest.
- New Cash Item Giant Orchid available!
- New Cash Item Pet Jr. Balrog available!
- Guild BBS system added!
- Fortune Ticket system modified!
- Kerning Airport Added
- Other Cash Items added
- Other Bug fixes

If you have problem running the auto-patch when starting the game through the desktop shortcut, restart your PC and follow the steps described in this link here:

If this fails, please download the manual patch. If manual patch does not work, please re-download the new game client. Check our FAQ section for more information.
* Game service is up since 2nd Aug 2007, 1500HRs (+8 GMT)

- MapleSEA Administrator

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears to be that links are starting to die. I am not sure yet why, but I haven't took a local copy of everything since it's a lot and a lot of space. Eric did you perhaps backup everything that was distributed?

So, it appears to be that only links from OP got deleted. I will slowly gather what I have back, and then I will list what I am missing I guess. Already found that I archived all JMS clients somewhere else, so those are safe. I will be busy for a bit though (holiday + trip) so this is going be a slow process.

Reaction score
It appears to be that links are starting to die. I am not sure yet why, but I haven't took a local copy of everything since it's a lot and a lot of space. Eric did you perhaps backup everything that was distributed?

So, it appears to be that only links from OP got deleted. I will slowly gather what I have back, and then I will list what I am missing I guess. Already found that I archived all JMS clients somewhere else, so those are safe. I will be busy for a bit though (holiday + trip) so this is going be a slow process.

Unfortunately everything I had archived poofed away when my hard drive that I stored all the MS clients on had died.. I haven't downloaded anything since. However, all of my original uploads for patchers and clients remain intact on my MF/MEGA accounts if you need them. Is it your accounts being targeted or is it the links posted here entirely? Pretty weird for that to happen all of a sudden.

Back