Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Here's some clients and patchers I got from the web archive and other sources.

Clients are: GMS v24b, v2, v15, v24. Unfortunately I only have the exe, no Data.wz, but Data didn't change too much in that era so game files from other versions should work.

The patchers are somewhat useless as long as we don't have the respective base version to patch from, or other patch files that can be chained.

Staff member
Reaction score

Clients are: GMS v24b, v2, v15, v24. Unfortunately I only have the exe, no Data.wz, but Data didn't change too much in that era so game files from other versions should work.

The patchers are somewhat useless as long as we don't have the respective base version to patch from, or other patch files that can be chained.

Only now I've noticed this post personally. Thanks a lot!

For the other readers, I am currently looking to re-archive GMST v93 and GMST v96 which I did lose on the MEGA wipe. Since these come from the gmsdl.com era there have to be a couple of people having it still willing to share it.

Staff member
Reaction score

Okay, this morning I did take a bit of a look at these clients with 2 different people, and it seems I wasn't the only one that never noticed this post! Still very nice and thank you for your contributions to archive :)

Regarding v0.24b as established the data is missing, unfortunately. However, it seems merging it with v0.40b's data files works reasonable well. Unfortunately, GMS was mostly a localization of KMS, so ironically many interesting aspects actually are the data files when it comes to early names and such.

Here's a zip with just v0.24b's.exe and v0.40b's remainder files:

Running MapleStory.exe should boot up the client. After that, it's up to you to emulate the rest. Again though, it's likely very similar to v0.40b, especially with v0.40b's data files. From what I saw in the patch notes, the most obvious thing missing is a reporting feature. Unfortunately, v0.24b is the very first version where they finalized the UI, which is a shame.

Screenshots:
Kimberly - MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive - RaGEZONE Forums

Kimberly - MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive - RaGEZONE Forums

A reminder again that this might have looked slightly different (but unlikely) on the actual v0.24b data files. The version tag is done by the client, so that is actually the same and confirms this is v0.24b's client.

For the manual patchers, I think I got 1 new version thanks to that. I am not sure if it's new, but I didn't have it personally, which is v0.33.

I have patched it from v0.32 and then zipped it

Download:

I'll update the OP in a bit

EDIT 2: Also added v74 GMS that I got from .patch files good while back.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Found EMS v0.69 which appears to be the first version of Europe MapleStory where the login UI is big bang styled, but the game is still in pre-bb. Download added to OP. No setup, but should contain all files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ayy wow thanks Hendi48 and Kimberly, was missing 24 (beta close enough) and 33.I backed up all the GMS patchers, patches, setups and localhosts I could find and have it both in a hard drive and online in my google drive as a backup. GMS setups now is is only missing 1, 2, 4-7, 9-11, 13-21, 25-27, 31, 36. The v2 & v15 exe is also much appreciated.
Appreciate you and everyone who archived MS.

Also noticed that you marked v35 as missing. Idk where I downloaded it from, thought it was from you. Now I'm unsure if it is really v35, I apparently downloaded it in October 2019. Anyways here's a download link:
EDIT: Nvm ignore the above, it's v34

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ayy wow thanks Hendi48 and Kimberly, was missing 24 (beta close enough) and 33.I backed up all the GMS patchers, patches, setups and localhosts I could find and have it both in a hard drive and online in my google drive as a backup. GMS setups now is is only missing 1, 2, 4-7, 9-11, 13-21, 25-27, 31, 36. The v2 & v15 exe is also much appreciated.
Appreciate you and everyone who archived MS.

Also noticed that you marked v35 as missing. Idk where I downloaded it from, thought it was from you. Now I'm unsure if it is really v35, I apparently downloaded it in October 2019. Anyways here's a download link:
Unfortunately, this one is v34, and not v35.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've found a burned CD with MapleStory setup from from a long time ago, how do i get the version of this setup?

Staff member
Reaction score
Ended up getting in contact with palpebrite and it's confirmed he found quite an old version. Version v0.07 GMS. While it's very close to a version we already had (v0.08) it's again 1 step closer to completing every single GMS pre-bb version.

Added to archive as well as OP. Thank you so much for your contribution!

EVEN BURNED CD's ARE VERY USEFUL. It's about the setup, not the CD. If you ever burned setups on your CD's back in the day due to your slow internet please get in touch! These are as important!!!

Staff member
Reaction score
Added MapleSEA v0.08 (CD rip), v0.09, v0.10, v0.11, as well as v0.12. v0.08 was obtained from a user on Reddit (u/jongohtk) that made a CD rip of it quite a bit ago, but I was only made aware of it recently. The rest were made of manual patchers I already had.

OP updated. V0.08 SEA is now the oldest version of SEA we have, whereas it previously was v0.15.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TMS v242 (direct download) 20GB

Im interested in the "my home system" that seems to only be available in TMS/CMS
so I downloaded this and will look into it after installing. but I wanted to share the link for anyone else interested.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ended up getting in contact with @palpebrite and it's confirmed he found quite an old version. Version v0.07 GMS. While it's very close to a version we already had (v0.08) it's again 1 step closer to completing every single GMS pre-bb version.

Added to archive as well as OP. Thank you so much for your contribution!

EVEN BURNED CD's ARE VERY USEFUL. It's about the setup, not the CD. If you ever burned setups on your CD's back in the day due to your slow internet please get in touch! These are as important!!!

CDS are gold, thats how I recovered bms v8.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it seems that HaCreator is not working with the latest GMS version.
anyone has the last GMS version that is working with HaCreator?

I found gms.229.3 from the private server Ristonia (can be found in their discord)
this seems to be the last one before the "changes".
it also seems theres a fix for 230+, but before its official from HaCreator, I will use this one as default.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
This week I have spent time archiving every single steam GMS version
3PNPPxm - MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive - RaGEZONE Forums

I am not done yet. But basically, data files will be the same. However, unlike using an installer, steam had minor fixes distributed still as well. For example, if I were to use the 1.60 GMS installer, I would only have .exe version 1.60.1. Wherewith steam I can also get 1.60.2 and 1.60.3 which probably is the same version but with hotfixes applied to them, so less buggy.

Also, installers stop at v1.83, so getting older versions after that will be by steam only, seeing they allow you (with workarounds) to get earlier patches. I am aware the Nexon launcher or whatever is still a thing too, but I lack interest on modern versions to get both versions, and they will probably be the same at that point anyway.

I don't think I will be uploading anything due to the insane size GMS becomes, but if you need a special version I can upload it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
Added MapleSEA v25 (CD RIP) and v31 (Direct download). Same person as the other CD rip. Manual patcher (25 to 31) by myself because I had it.

DSG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Since you won't be uploading any (understandable), can you share how to download them? Perhaps PM me?

Sticking them on archive.org would be helpful.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does any one have GMS v228 or v229. I want to test HeavenClient, but I can't find valid WZ file.

3PNPPxm - MapleStory Client/Localhost Archive - RaGEZONE Forums

I am not done yet. But basically, data files will be the same. However, unlike using an installer, steam had minor fixes distributed still as well. For example, if I were to use the 1.60 GMS installer, I would only have .exe version 1.60.1. Wherewith steam I can also get 1.60.2 and 1.60.3 which probably is the same version but with hotfixes applied to them, so less buggy.

Also, installers stop at v1.83, so getting older versions after that will be by steam only, seeing they allow you (with workarounds) to get earlier patches. I am aware the Nexon launcher or whatever is still a thing too, but I lack interest on modern versions to get both versions, and they will probably be the same at that point anyway.

I don't think I will be uploading anything due to the insane size GMS becomes, but if you need a special version I can upload it.

Hey does v2.29 from steam version equal to GMS v229. If yes, could you provide a download link. Thank you very much!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back