Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maplestory Minimum Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat face
Reaction score
hello all , when i was 1st saw some maplestory videos i thinking to play this games and making this games too.. so what it minimum requirement? because i only using netbook with intel atom 1.66ghz , 1024*600 , 1 gb ram , 150 gb hdd.. for your information i can make the ddtank server with this old netbook.. it can be play or not ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
- Check with the official website.

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
hello all , when i was 1st saw some maplestory videos i thinking to play this games and making this games too.. so what it minimum requirement? because i only using netbook with intel atom 1.66ghz , 1024*600 , 1 gb ram , 150 gb hdd.. for your information i can make the ddtank server with this old netbook.. it can be play or not ?

With 1 GB Ram you are able to host up to 10 players I guess. But it needs quite a lot of memory to run the game as well. This is just the recommendation though.

Reaction score
With 1 GB Ram you are able to host up to 10 players I guess. But it needs quite a lot of memory to run the game as well. This is just the recommendation though.

Not true, if your source is free of memory leaks, it should not run on more than 350MB ram (at peak times). MySQL/Apache/PHP will add another 100MB. 1GB is what I recommend, and you should be able to stay on that for some time. If you want some more breathing room, then you can go with 2GB.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score

You're an idiot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not true, if your source is free of memory leaks, it should not run on more than 350MB ram (at peak times). MySQL/Apache/PHP will add another 100MB. 1GB is what I recommend, and you should be able to stay on that for some time. If you want some more breathing room, then you can go with 2GB.

if you're using lithium or moopledev your source will use 1-2gb at start.

mysql should be tuned and allocated at least 1-2gb ram for innodb buffer

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
You're an idiot.

Recommendation since i tried using lithium when first started. If he doesn't know how to change poop how do you expect him to go more than 10 which the CPU processor goes more than 90% and its a notebook. By the way I did say its for recommendation. But he can go max to 30 - 50 no problem. Well he might even able to host 20 or 30 min just at the safe side -.-. Also have to think that he might use the notebook to play. You never know

when i was 1st saw some maplestory videos i thinking to play this games and making this games too.

He is new to Maple Dev don't expect much from him first. He is still learning

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've hosted 50 players with barely any lag on a 3GB Ram VPS

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
1.66ghz , 1024*600 , 1 gb ram , 150 gb hdd..

and I don't know if he is gonna play on that notebook either.

dat face
Reaction score
thank for all your replies.. i think i will play this after i buy new laptop.. :)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
he was asking about playing maplestory not running a server my god you're all dumb

dat face
Reaction score
guys dont blame him.. maybe he not fully read my post or he got eyes problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back