Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Did Nexon give up?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Odp: Did Nexon give up?

I seriously don't get how they haven't caught Extalia when the information about the owners has been public for over a year. Maybe they struck a deal.

Yea... ExtaliaMS = nexon private server
The best idea ever
players donate to keep server online, but they don't know that ExtaliaMS belong to nexon

Wysłane z mojego X8 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Information about the owners public? No, they aren't public at all.

There is no deal at all between Nexon and any Private Server.
Lloyd is too much of an ignorant witch to make a deal with a server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"For ages"? Are they really that good in hiding? Or is Nexon just ain't putting in enough effort?
I donated to Extalia. They don't even use Paypal because Nexon could possibly track them that way. I've spoken with Hidden (Owner of Extalia) And he is going to very far lengths to keep info hidden.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I donated to Extalia. They don't even use Paypal because Nexon could possibly track them that way. I've spoken with Hidden (Owner of Extalia) And he is going to very far lengths to keep info hidden.
oh u spoke with him? pics or it didnt happen

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
> PM Hidden on forums.

@Extalia conversation.

It's not public, but for those who have been around for awhile, it's obvious of who it is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I highly doubt they care that much, like others said, their only threat is Extalia, and still, that's just a popular server.

Maybe they finally realized shutting down private server won't make those players want to play gMS..
What do they really accomplish by shutting down servers? No one goes back to gMS, they find another server. They stop a server from gaining money from their players, that Nexon wouldn't get from those players anyways.

If Nexon can't have those players, no one can!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
> PM Hidden on forums.

@Extalia conversation.

It's not public, but for those who have been around for awhile, it's obvious of who it is.
'who it is'... you only know their Forum name (maybe first name), but nothing else. Nexon can't get them because there is no information about who they really are on the internet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Extalia is good at covering their information, Lloyd got nothing to work with except for some forum-name.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
'who it is'... you only know their Forum name (maybe first name), but nothing else. Nexon can't get them because there is no information about who they really are on the internet.

What? Flav doesn't use different names like Dustin? Kevin? Steven? Shaman? l0l.

I mean, yeah, there is no official name that is known for them. But I mean, as far as who is behind it, it's kind of obvious.

What I'm wondering is why NEXON can't just knock on their door since they've already run into NEXON before and just legit ask them. I wouldn't think they'd need proof, but just a check up of some sort in order to make sure they aren't doing anything.

If I was NEXON and wanted to take down private servers, if I've found out information about the person, I'd do a routinely checkup on that person to make sure they aren't doing anymore illegal activities.

Of course though, some of this isn't even realistic because (insert shenanigans about laws).

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I mean, yeah, there is no official name that is known for them. But I mean, as far as who is behind it, it's kind of obvious.

What I'm wondering is why NEXON can't just knock on their door since they've already run into NEXON before and just legit ask them. I wouldn't think they'd need proof, but just a check up of some sort in order to make sure they aren't doing anything.

If I was NEXON and wanted to take down private servers, if I've found out information about the person, I'd do a routinely checkup on that person to make sure they aren't doing anymore illegal activities.

Of course though, some of this isn't even realistic because (insert shenanigans about laws).
... how can you 'sue' someone if you don't know who is behind.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Back in the day he went by Dustin. I don't know if that was his real name though but he wasn't that paranoid back then and he was a lot cooler. Shaman is his (older?) brother. The other guy on the team is hendi. It doesn't really matter if you know first name though. There are too many Dustins in the world. Just like how knowing my first name (Osiris gives out new ones every now and then when people ask what my name is like Kevin, Edward, John) doesn't matter. Those names are just too common.

edit: AFAIK Nexon hasn't given up because the people who tried to start up the new MoongraMS, which wasn't by me, got shut down apparently in 3 days due to DMCA letters to the host. That or somehow their 12 gb dedi vanished overnight.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
edit: AFAIK Nexon hasn't given up because the people who tried to start up the new MoongraMS, which wasn't by me, got shut down apparently in 3 days due to DMCA letters to the host. That or somehow their 12 gb dedi vanished overnight.

you, they don't want you to make a Ducking server no more :junglejane:

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
=\ .. what I'm curious about is why everyone's defending Extalia? or at least that's my perception of the last few posts. It's blatantly obvious who it is, although I won't be the one to go into it because its not my place or my business.

All of a sudden instead of snitching you decide to all huddle together? Like it's going to make a difference based on how the community built itself. There was never any mutual respect for privacy or competition. There's always been snitches and ill-minded idiots who want to shut someone down.

On a side note though, I wouldn't worry about it. If no one's caught on already, at least I can say I have.

• Server opens
  • Server gains players
  • Server gets popular
  • Server becomes the "talk"
  • Server profits
  • Server receives DMCA
  • Server ignores DMCA
  • Server owners personally receive DMCAs
  • Server shuts down.
  • Server owners cry and give some shenanigans "goodbye sob story"
  • Wanna-be "big shots" think they've got the "next-big" server
  • Rinse and repeat

Now .. the ONLY question ever has always been "when". It's only a matter of time and the clock is ticking for any and all servers, or at least to say the least about MapleStory (not speaking of the outside community of pservers of course).

Particularly Extalia (or any "top"), don't worry :) too bad those idiots (Nexon), don't realize that the person who's been snitching, been chatting with them and denying has been the person right under their noses the entire time :p cept they bought into that shenanigans of "isss nuutt miiiiii i primis!!!".

Let the Extalia-fanbaby flames begin.

Last edited:
Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The point is still in the post. :)

We all know the risk that is involved by the way.

Oh my apologizes, I saw the SS removed and I skimmed through it wasn't aware nothing other then that was modified.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's ok, the thing is just that we support private servers, so we shouldn't 'help' Nexon.

Kevin this is a discussion / debate right? Well if so then please don't take this as an insult, with that being said.

If by "we" you mean this community? or the MapleStory private server community in general? Then I think you should very well look twice. Since when has this community or "we" ever been in support of private servers without the thought of personal and financial gain being much more then just "lets be buddy-buddy"? At the cost of other's demise, no less, to further benefit in the competition for "top" (IE. DDoSing, hacking, DB dropping, server-economic loss, etc etc etc).

However, with that being said. Don't misinterpret what I'm trying to say. I by no means think we should be "helping" Nexon, I hope you didn't misunderstand what I was trying to get at. But should we also be protecting the "obvious"? I, personally, don't think so. And I don't mean giving out information or setting others up for failure with and against Nexon. I'm just saying when it's obvious .. it's obvious.

Back