Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nexon - Private Server Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, today I am here to discuss a matter that has been questioning everyone for awhile. "Why does Nexon not support private server development freely?" At the moment I have a few reasons why and why not there should be development through out maplestory development.

Reasons Why (Pros):
1) Maplestory development will give way to figuring out bugs in the game.

2) It will give more of a choice of maplestory then just KMS, GMS, and MSEA.

3) It will allow you to discover more stuff in-game then you can in just the regular game. For instance: Allowed to have different items in-game, you can have wz edits which allow the player to have more then just the regular game, makes it so the game has more of a choice, and makes players influenced to play the game.

4) Will advertise the main game more. (As it already does)

5) Allows others to experience being GM and having those privileges.

Reasons Why Not (Cons):

1) Can exploit the game, AKA make the game less fun for "noobies".

2) Could influence people not to play the game (in some way or another).

3) Gives players less of a chance to actually experience the "real" game.

So, if you support maplestory private server development, please comment saying so, or just vote. Please no flaming on the thread, or about the thread. Thanks!

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have seen this thread a million times, it has been discussed twice as many, please not again.

let me answer this... AGAIN.

Nexon is a company.
Comapnies need to pay employees.
They need money, how do the make the money? NX cash
what do private servers offer? "free" (sometimes you have to vote for it) NX cash.

So if there is a way for people to get what nexon wants you to pay for, for FREE then they lose money.

Money, money money.

Close requested

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have seen this thread a million times, it has been discussed twice as many, please not again.

let me answer this... AGAIN.

Nexon is a company.
Comapnies need to pay employees.
They need money, how do the make the money? NX cash
what do private servers offer? "free" (sometimes you have to vote for it) NX cash.

So if there is a way for people to get what nexon wants you to pay for, for FREE then they lose money.

Money, money money.

Close requested
Never thought of it that way. Darn nexon....

Moongran
Reaction score
the reason why not is because they dont profit from it.
having about 2-3k players less in their servers(approximately, if you count eden + extalias online count) who
could have spent money on the game if they played the original server(which makes sense cause many donate to private servers) is more important to them than enjoying more "choice" of the game.

1)that doesnt make any sense. bugs can be found on the official servers.
2,3,5)doubt nexon cares as I explained above

dont get me wrong though, I support pservers but Nexon has no reason to

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but what do you expect? It's a business and a business goal is to make money in anyway they are allowed to.

I didnt say they are NOT allowed to make money, i answered his question or finished his discussion, i didnt say it was wrong for them to make money, or wrong for them to not endorse something that would cost them money. It is just how nexon works, that is all.

Reaction score
Pretty much every legal action by Nexon was on some large private server who was stealing from Nexon's paying playerbase. This is the only thing Nexon cares about, because as pointed out already, Nexon is a business and the point of a business is to make money. If there isn't money involved, then they won't give a poop. Hell, I've even tried adding Lloyd Korn on Facebook, and he ignored my friend request.

But really, this topic has been discussed countless times before, so as much as I like to see this section active with discussion, next time just search through the existing topics.

And now for some flames!

SilentThief - Nexon - Private Server Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much every legal action by Nexon was on some large private server who was stealing from Nexon's paying playerbase. This is the only thing Nexon cares about, because as pointed out already, Nexon is a business and the point of a business is to make money. If there isn't money involved, then they won't give a poop. Hell, I've even tried adding Lloyd Korn on Facebook, and he ignored my friend request.

But really, this topic has been discussed countless times before, so as much as I like to see this section active with discussion, next time just search through the existing topics.

And now for some flames!

SilentThief - Nexon - Private Server Development - RaGEZONE Forums
I like your flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back