Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

was Odin a great Mistake to Everyone ?

Reaction score
If you were to code that equip thing in any language it would be the same... especially if your implementation included such functions. There isn't anyway to get around adding specific stats to an item based on your job. Eventually you'll have to check for job id.
The thing is, you could write a function which returns the primary stat for a given job. That way instead of having to check all the jobs, you just call a single function and modify that value.

Reaction score
I read that 3 million charge case when nexon sued someone. That;s a great way to destroy someone's life. No offense to odin ms. Just saying that Nexon is very evil. Especially MapleStory team... Probably thee wizet.

The only person to blame for destroying someone's life is themselves. We all take a risk for going into PS development because of 1 simple factor, all this shet is illegal! While i dislike GMS because of their content and lack of security and what not, they are not evil lol, they have the right to sue anyone for copying their game. No company is going to just let individuals copy their multi-million dollar game and make "profit" out of it.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
We've been sued, yes. But you knew that from the blog already, didn't you :p? It all ended quite positive: The case has been dropped and all we had to pay were our legal fees.

You just answered the most viral question about OdinMS that has ever existed. And the one question everyone was dying to know the answer to.

You should be praised like some kind of saint!

Glad to see you guys are fine at least :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Odin was in NO way a mistake. Odin is the reason that maple PS took off IMHO. Titan was nice, but it wasn't the same feeling as Odin. Personally I brought myself up on Odin about four years ago, and that's what I learned from. It was a very nice source and for the time, was very beautiful. Sure it wouldn't live up to today's standards, but are you going to try to say it was a mistake? No!

Secondly, the only real mistake that was made is their lack of anonymity.

Back