Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Playing MapleStory without Admin Privileges

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
^What title says. My parents don't let me play games much, and I only have a standard user. Is there a way to play ms without admin? I've heard there's something called hackshield shadow account that lets you play ms without admin privs. Can anyone confirm that for me :blush: ?
Please don't say "If your parents won't let you play much, than there's nothing to do about it," because I'm REALLY bored of not doing much but study. Thanks for helping. :):

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First, I don't get what you mean by 'Playing without admin privs', second, what do you mean admin privileges, on your own p-server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First, I don't get what you mean by 'Playing without admin privs', second, what do you mean admin privileges, on your own p-server?

When I open maplestory, it says I need to put in the admin password. Btw did I post on the wrong section? I don't have a private server.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I open maplestory, it says I need to put in the admin password. Btw did I post on the wrong section? I don't have a private server.
You have a computer password don't you? Just type that in, or the password you need to login to your internet 192.168.0.(Whatever your last digits are)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have a computer password don't you? Just type that in, or the password you need to login to your internet 192.168.0.(Whatever your last digits are)
He has a password for his own user account, but he doesn't have a password for the the admin account on his computer.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It would solve all your problems if you just found out your parent's password...

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would solve all your problems if you just found out your parent's password...

I'm not sure you understand what the kids saying.. Speaking of which, he's just that, a kid (a presumption by the way he's speaking, no insult intended). So I would not expect him, nor need him to know how to "recover" the password.

@Storm271368

I would ask your parents to input the password for you, for MapleStory and save it for MapleStory.exe itself in the Windows registry. I'm sure once they see it's a kids game they will have no problem with you playing it at least. Better then going behind their back, wouldn't you say?

@Everyone else

He's asking for the password for the Standard user account on Windows 7 and/or 8(?). There can only be a predefined Administrative Account, BY an already existing Administrator Account. So his parents are holding the Administrator account, while they have set him up with a Standard Account (which is ANNNNNNOYYYYYINNNNG)) UGH.. i know how you feel buddy.

That standard account's so annoying.. Requires confirmations for everything, that is if it doesn't block it first(like MapleStory in this case) ahah :p

But yea, no worries just ask your parents! :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Click start (botom left) type UAC under search press enter put the settings to low tell your dad if he can put the password so you can play a game boom it will deactivate the whole having to type password all the time.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Click start (botom left) type UAC under search press enter put the settings to low tell your dad if he can put the password so you can play a game boom it will deactivate the whole having to type password all the time.
Best suggestion, initiate the trollage.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Come on guys this is easy. Just make yourself admin. To do that: Open up CMD (Start>Run>Cmd) and type in:
Code:
net localgroup administrators youraccount /add
Where youraccount is your account name.
Press Enter. You should then have administrator privileges, you may have to reboot.

If for some reason this doesn't work, tell me because there are some other ways to do this.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Come on guys this is easy. Just make yourself admin. To do that: Open up CMD (Start>Run>Cmd) and type in:
Code:
net localgroup administrators youraccount /add
Where youraccount is your account name.
Press Enter. You should then have administrator privileges, you may have to reboot.

If for some reason this doesn't work, tell me because there are some other ways to do this.

le error code 5 face

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
le error code 5 face
Was it on a non-admin account? If so I'm guessing it didn't work because you didn't have admin privileges. Well one way I know for sure doesn't fail is to write Backtrack Linux (any other Linux will probably work) to a USB stick, boot from USB, browse to your HDD find the system32 folder and replace osk.exe with cmd.exe (so delete osk.exe and copy cmd.exe and rename cmd.exe to osk.exe), you can make a backup of osk.exe first if you want. Then boot up Windows and when you get to the login screen press the Ease of Access button in the corner, then press the On Screen Keyboard button and a CMD window will popup, then type the command I gave earlier.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Was it on a non-admin account? If so I'm guessing it didn't work because you didn't have admin privileges. Well one way I know for sure doesn't fail is to write Backtrack Linux (any other Linux will probably work) to a USB stick, boot from USB, browse to your HDD find the system32 folder and replace osk.exe with cmd.exe (so delete osk.exe and copy cmd.exe and rename cmd.exe to osk.exe), you can make a backup of osk.exe first if you want. Then boot up Windows and when you get to the login screen press the Ease of Access button in the corner, then press the On Screen Keyboard button and a CMD window will popup, then type the command I gave earlier.

>backtrack
>not ubuntu live cd
quit being a hacker faggot

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would ask your parents to input the password for you, for MapleStory and save it for MapleStory.exe itself in the Windows registry

This Registry is a completely new and revolutionary thing to me. How do you use this magic? (in other words, how the crap do you get the admin password to auto-login with the Registry?)

Back