Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is the private server community dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Takeoverkyle:
There is always gtop100 in case you didn't notice the 10 new servers that popped up.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ehhh what? Did you even read what I said?

I said there popped 10 new servers up, referring to v111 obviously. Not anything about top10, we soon see ChickenMS there and you know what type of server that is, only Extalia left which is decent.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Kevin, how about you do your job and delete redundant threads?

Kevin doing his job?

Soxio - Is the private server community dead? - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not dead, but unfortunately the Maplestory private server community has clearly been dying a slow death for years now.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not dead, but unfortunately the Maplestory private server community has clearly been dying a slow death for years now.

That huge sprout near 2008 was huge, I thought maplestory private server development started near late-2007?

Nae-un <33
Reaction score

It's rising ! Just like stock trends, we will come back after a downfall.
Then I'll invest. :love:

Reaction score
It's not dead at all. Private server development is booming for those who are surrounded by the right people.

In other words, private development is far from being dead. If you meant the public releasing only, then you are right, it's dying.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Who the hell cares, just move on then.

What a stupid answer. Every user of a MMORPG forum cares about the development of a certain MMORPG.

Your answer is so stupid that i cannot supply it when enough face palms

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Funny how the OP mentioned the MapleStory section. Yes, the MapleStory section is dead. Private servers ARE NOT dead. (proof: go see gtop100, there are still MS servers listed) Nowadays, everyone has a private, little development that they keep to themselves or a small group of people. (Myself included) There just isn't a point to supply the MapleStory section here on ragezone. (which is full of noobs and greedy people)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not dead, people form their monopolies privately and develop their own servers, heck some still stay in v83 wz edit era and update to kms and jms wz's. Coders are working for themselves, and accomplishing their own goals, while as making the money "they deserve". There is not much public releases because coders have their own lives. This section includes all your beastly trolls on updates on maple and fun junk. While as the development section still has releases once in a while.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Private Servers never die.. not until the official game dies out..

High Society
Reaction score
We're dying because of people Ducking ddosing us... @^ Nexon will stop nexoning us so all the great servers will be great again and not have to be scared of nexon tracking them down:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
..I do wonder. Will there be any MapleStory PS's when MapleStory Official dies? O_O

Maple Private Servers will die when the internet dies, but they will revive when internet 2.0 is released

To answer your question yes it will die in the future.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
..I do wonder. Will there be any MapleStory PS's when MapleStory Official dies? O_O
At first no. I believe when the official dies the PS's will get even larger since everyone who was left playing the official maplestory will then move to the private server. Though within a year or two of official maplestory closing I believe that the private servers will die as well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
They seem dead compared to before but I guess things change.
Back than there were developers like Moogra who knew exactly what they were doing. I just recently came back so I'm not sure whose new and whose not and who knows what they're doing.

It may not be the same as before but things change and you need to move on. I think private server's player population might have decreased because GMS has made their training ALOT easier compared to before. Many people come to private servers for the easy levelling which GMS has probably already provided them with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back