Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is the private server community dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since Private servers would have nothing to update on, graphic wise and others. How would they update, if there's nothing to update too. So if maplestory closes, (which it won't) the only way maplestory ps will survive is if someone leaked an official closed-source of maplestory. There developers would be able to expand their horizon and implement anything they desire into maplestory, thus keeping maple ps alive.
Which I doubt, because it would take official ms years even decades, to close down their server, prior to all that money they've been earning through it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since Private servers would have nothing to update on, graphic wise and others. How would they update, if there's nothing to update too. So if maplestory closes, (which it won't) the only way maplestory ps will survive is if someone leaked an official closed-source of maplestory. There developers would be able to expand their horizon and implement anything they desire into maplestory, thus keeping maple ps alive.
Which I doubt, because it would take official ms years even decades, to close down their server, prior to all that money they've been earning through it.

The private servers would last a good few years, i'm sure people would try everything to stand-out, like WZ editting, high rates, you name it lol, but my guess is that they would peak at a really high amount of players, then slowly die out over the years.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Warnings given to those who have bumped, everyone is reminded to kindly look at the last date posted within a thread before making yet another reply. Please do not bump old threads.

Thank you, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back