Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do you find your Private Server to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just wanted to know the order one takes (in order) when they are looking for a server to join?

1. I look for at what's top server on gtop. (what's popular)
2. I look for at the most up to date version private server.
3. I look for the rates of the server.
4. I look for cool custom features.
5. I look for cool Wz edits.
6. I look for a server with a small community.
7. I look for cool animated banners on gtop that attracts me.
8. I look for the version of Maplestory I have installed on my computer.

I would be:
1, 7, 3, 4, 2

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
9. I play to do stuff I can't in GMS.

The question isn't "why do you play private servers?"... It's "how do you choose your server to join? What factors do you consider before others?"

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The question isn't "why do you play private servers?"... It's "how do you choose your server to join? What factors do you consider before others?"

My statement pretty much answers your "how do you choose your server to join".

Stuff I can't do in GMS obviously means a GMS like (more exp) private server like Arcane(R.I.P) or Extalia

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm going with 2,4, 8
Banner doesn't really make such of a difference, I'm pretty sure there are many GFX people out there who are happy to design a banner from stage to stage...
The reason I'll go with the latest version demonstrates the dedication and hard work the coders/developers/owners have put in to be in par with official GMS.
WZ edits was good back in the days but downloading 5gb of crap...isn't what I want anymore, I can easily edit my own FM map.
+ I prefer small but not too small e.g. 50 people on at one time is what I prefer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm going with 2,4, 8
Banner doesn't really make such of a difference, I'm pretty sure there are many GFX people out there who are happy to design a banner from stage to stage...
The reason I'll go with the latest version demonstrates the dedication and hard work the coders/developers/owners have put in to be in par with official GMS.
WZ edits was good back in the days but downloading 5gb of crap...isn't what I want anymore, I can easily edit my own FM map.
+ I prefer small but not too small e.g. 50 people on at one time is what I prefer

IMO, smaller the community the friendlier but less the competition = -fun. I'm not use to all the new versions so I'd go with whatever is popular.

Reaction score
For me it's 1, 2, 3
When I play on a pserver, I want something as close to the original latest version as possible, no custom poop at all. Rates should be low so I can actually enjoy my time working my way up. The community should be decently sized so I can actually meet people in the wild, but not so much that certain maps are packed full on every single channel.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2,3,4 because I don't really like a huge community. Prefer something moderate.

Reaction score
For me it's 1 and 2. But, I also look at the website, forums, and the bug list to see what's bugged before I play any server. Don't want to play a server that's really buggy...

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
I'd look for something new, exordinary.
(which is one of my projects right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back