Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it possible to have private servers for MapleStory M and MapleStory 2?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand MS2 has been out in Korea since 2015, although I haven't found any topics on this forum discussing the possibilities on this one.

MSM is a really interesting one. It has all the features of the old MapleStory combined with quality of life improvements that really make the game super appealing especially to players who played back then. To have a private server of the old MapleStory and portable would be something out of a dream (if we don't include laptops.)

Is there enough client sided data for both of these games in order for them to have a private server going?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about MSM, for all I know it's just MapleStory for mobile devices.

As for MapleStory 2 though, I played in the original KMS2 back during 2015, and have since then liked the game a lot more than MapleStory. I started working on Orion2 last year, but I quit a few months later. I resumed progress after I heard the official release on October 10th and updated to the current founders pack client. While the emulator and localhost source is private, I did end up making the public for anyone interested in looking into their game files (or even to make language patches, etc).

7Y47Iau - Is it possible to have private servers for MapleStory M and MapleStory 2? - RaGEZONE Forums

However, nobody in their right mind would actually open (or release) a MS2 private server, as Nexon would have a field day with them. I'm just working on it for fun and to improve my RE skills (as well as my 3D game knowledge).

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Private servers for mobile apps exist, I don't see MSM as any different.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm perfectly ok with these private servers being.......private, for the time being. I'm just relieved the possibility is there from a game preservation point of view. I'm sure these games mean a lot to others as much as it does for me and it would be wonderful to experience them long after official support dies.

Back