Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Regular V83 or V83 + WZ Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Which is more popular and/or favored? I have seen a lot of both server's with a lot of WZ edits in V83 server's and just regular V83 servers. Which would you guys say would be better or at least attract more players?
I'd probably say the regular because their aren't too many big files to download and you just download the client and play.

DISCUSS.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Imo a server with WZ Edits will always attract players. They're basically the 'cherry on the cake', or 'sprinkles on your icecream' o3o The big downloads can be easily fixed with a good-working patcher.
Oh and by WZ Edits, I mean creative ones. Not that poop where a v83 server takes equips and what-not from a higher version. No point in that if you're not going to expand on it.

Server's without WZ edits also do quite well, but they can get repetitive and boring very easily. So I believe that a few wz-related updates every once in awhile, coupled with some awesome systems can really spice things up.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I guess you could sort of use some compiler/packer and compile the whole maplestory folder with your wz edited files and upload it, so players can download the packer/whatever and install it and play

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do prefer v83 + WZ edits BUT....
the WZ edits would be no bigger than 100mb+ download. The reason is, for WZ edits, it's usually the UI.wz and a few of the additional player features. I really hate downloading 500mb+ map.wz just for some crap edit. I like to edit my own map.wz especially FM, best map ever to edit!

So basically...a small balance of wz edits and the mix of v83 would be nice. If you have soooo much wz edits = d/c

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Odp: Regular V83 or V83 + WZ Edits

MapleStory v83 with .wz edit will be more interesting, but it can't be only new items/map (copied from other version). It should have maps done by you ;)

Wysłane z mojego X8 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WZ edits if you've got a patcher, (a real patcher, one that patches the WZ files for real) duck downloading individual WZs, that's just stupid and annoying.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd rather play a server without wz edits. I don't like to make another folder of the original wz files then download more. Some people have limits on the amount they can Dl per month and if it's like 1 gb+ just to play a server.. well.. i'd find one without wz edits.

However, if you made a certain patcher that would only download and import certain new /edited parts it would lower poop and be cooler.

Reaction score
Without WZ Edits. No Questions asked. I hate having to download 500mb+ worth of trash just for me to crash every 5 minutes and basically get a few different visual edits out of my gameplay. Sure they're nice and fancy, but all the trouble you have to go through isn't worth it to me.
A v83 Server scripted well with good features is way better IMO.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I like WZ edits. It all depends on what edits though. I prefer Map edits, and equipment, chair edits. Just mostly stuff from JMS really, since there is a bit GMS lacks. Otherwise, though I wouldn't want to make the WZ more than 6GB in total.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Otherwise, though I wouldn't want to make the WZ more than 6GB in total.
6GB?!?!?!?! That's > than a poop ton! I would make mine less than a gig especially since I wouldn't be editing a bunch of maps and stuff.

Reaction score
TacoBell - Regular V83 or V83 + WZ Edits - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only WZ edits I like are when items are taken from different locale, like JMS or KMS. Custom WZ edits always look hella ugly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Odp: Regular V83 or V83 + WZ Edits

The only WZ edits I like are when items are taken from different locale, like JMS or KMS. Custom WZ edits always look hella ugly.

Custom maps are always awesome.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: Odp: Regular V83 or V83 + WZ Edits

Custom maps are always awesome.

Not when some idiot who thinks they're an artist WZ edits the whole fm into making it looks like some poop christmas happy shitville

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Not one some idiot who thinks they're an artist WZ edits the whole fm into making it looks like some poop christmas happy shitville

Well that escalated quickly ._.
A little variety doesn't hurt no? If it's done well, wouldn't you prefer it over the old Free Market?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Well that escalated quickly ._.
A little variety doesn't hurt no? If it's done well, wouldn't you prefer it over the old Free Market?
:?::?::?::?::?:

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I like custom wz edits when it's made nicely. Taken from other versions, or JMS/KMS/w/e is just meh. I don't like it that much.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd prefer a well done wz editted server, maybe something not heavily edited like Dchaos/Wiz or Bored, but something with official edits. A server has much more meaning to it with more content included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back