Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Remembering the Legends

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well i have been thinking it seems to me that Maplestory Private server have come along way, and me personally i wasnt here for the begining of private servers. Reason why i went in to private servers was because of my Account was stoling /hacked, then i result to Private servers.

my discussion is What were the lengendary servers that you can remember that fought Nexon to the last and the cheap a** server that called it an early quits because they didnt know how to fight.

My other Disscussion is going to be, who were the coders/developer that you looked up to and expected nothing but the best from and they came through. Maybe you just like the way the deliverer content to the community. Put there name and why they deserve to be Legends.
----------------------------------------------

Here is mine

I remember Hhahahaha01 how he brought the localhost and i believe his wz editor is being used by hundred of people who wz edits.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Most servers that fought were dumb (i.e. did not show up in court for AuraSea and everyone was like wow how did Nexon win). Odin will always be the most important server though.

As for developers, RMZero213 (one of the best 4? years ago), MrMysterious (one of the best 3 years ago), and CornBread (learned most from him), Simon (from LocalMS, not the best but definitely one of the best guys I've met, also learned a bit from him). Hendi is no doubt one of the best here as well. Pretty much any server developers that didn't buy a source and had consistent updates and coded tons of new things first were good. They might not qualify for "legendary" though. Take those guys, bring them back 4 years and you'll get people better than the developers of FlowsionMS and Odinteh.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Most servers that fought were dumb (i.e. did not show up in court for AuraSea and everyone was like wow how did Nexon win). Odin will always be the most important server though.

As for developers, RMZero213 (one of the best 4? years ago), MrMysterious (one of the best 3 years ago), and CornBread (learned most from him), Simon (from LocalMS, not the best but definitely one of the best guys I've met, also learned a bit from him). Hendi is no doubt one of the best here as well. Pretty much any server developers that didn't buy a source and had consistent updates and coded tons of new things first were good. They might not qualify for "legendary" though. Take those guys, bring them back 4 years and you'll get people better than the developers of FlowsionMS and Odinteh.

Most people consider you as one of them guys that Deliver professionalism in your delivery of content to the community server wise.. Speaking to couple of buddies saying "ooo i wish i could could code like moongra"

Man idk who are the legends but i would like to know them so when i think about maple later in the future i can say wow these guys made server what it was back in the day

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I loved MoongraMS back in the day. Nowadays I like ExtaliaMS. As for DEVs, I haven't been here long but my favorites are definitely Moogra, Hendi, rice, Blue [because of his sense of humor hurrhurr], and AuroX.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I loved MoongraMS back in the day. Nowadays I like ExtaliaMS. As for DEVs, I haven't been here long but my favorites are definitely Moogra, Hendi, rice, Blue [because of his sense of humor hurrhurr], and AuroX.

ya rice. he's so pro.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
haha01 had nothing to do with localhosts?! Yes he created HaRepacker.

OdinMS was 'decent', because it was the first Private Server ever.

As for developers, I always liked PurpleMadness (Patrick, he lives like 10 kilometers away from here lol).
RMZero, Hendi and Moogra are great developers... B> Motivation from them

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I havn't been here very long, only just over a year, but no one has mentioned Diamondo25?! he created STREDIT, one of the best tools used for localhosts, a HUGE contributor to not just Vana, but also phpVana (which is badass as duck), created WvsBeta, not to mention countless other tools like diamondo's packet sender, etc etc.
Adding on to my list is everyone that is listed above, also i would like to point out rice is a badass and a pro and has helped me out countless times on MSN (thanks rice)
also angelsel for creating reWZ (which is really helpful to the C# sources out there)
one more guy in the WZ section is Elem8100 with many awesome maps and edits. thats it for now, i think.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I havn't been here very long, only just over a year, but no one has mentioned Diamondo25?! he created STREDIT, one of the best tools used for localhosts, a HUGE contributor to not just Vana, but also phpVana (which is badass as duck), created WvsBeta, not to mention countless other tools like diamondo's packet sender, etc etc.
Adding on to my list is everyone that is listed above, also i would like to point out rice is a badass and a pro and has helped me out countless times on MSN (thanks rice)
also angelsel for creating reWZ (which is really helpful to the C# sources out there)
one more guy in the WZ section is Elem8100 with many awesome maps and edits. thats it for now, i think.
Since you did point out that you've been here for just over a year, I can tell you right now that soon enough you will notice how bias this community is. You'll also note that no one will mention current (in rare cases they will ie. rice) developers actively working either underground / or publicly.

It's when developers completely quit the scene you'll see their name pop up, even though 3/4ths of ones mentioned haven't really done much else aside release repacks. So I'm quite glad you brought up Diamondo25.

(Not targeting anyone in particular, just stating my opinion.)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are many Developers out in the Maplestory Development Community today that might be able to beat those who are known. However, as they have not revealed what they are capable of, they are known as randoms.

I'm going to point out that certain people have / had large servers and that's mainly why they're called "Legends" or so to speak. With a handful actually knowing how to program (Diamondo, Moogra, RaptorJesus,Hendi,RMZero,Emily,rice,) , there are a bigger handful with those who ride on the success of other developers. (Not going to point out any names, I don't want faggots raiding on me, but you know who you are)

Which brings me to the point; there are developers who are considered godly or are known for their "developing" skills, when in reality they became friends with the right developer at the right time and was included into his/her development group and that's how their known.

People I would consider the Legends of the Maplestory Development Scene is;

Moogra, RaptorJesus, Sparks, Spudgy, KevintJuh usually being considered a "Legend" is when you're known for leaving a mark on something. With the continuous success of the servers that these people have hosted (Such as the revival of LocalMS like .. twice?, Moongrav88 and so forth) it has shown that they are capable of doing a lot of things.

People are probably going to flame me for placing Kevin in there. The main reason I would consider him a legend (Even though i don't really like him) is because he released Moople83. Almost 70% of the "Repacks" to this day for version 83 is based off Moople (I guesstimated). Kevin released Moople, and allowed people to further develop into maplestory and learn; thus allowing the Maplestory Development scene to live on. Moople was the only v83 Source that had updates, and technical support.

They have also released a considerable amount of things to the community that has helped out greatly (Local83, Local88, Moople, Guides ) towards the establishment of the Maplestory development scene.

Reaction score
Since you did point out that you've been here for just over a year, I can tell you right now that soon enough you will notice how bias this community is. You'll also note that no one will mention current (in rare cases they will ie. rice) developers actively working either underground / or publicly.

It's when developers completely quit the scene you'll see their name pop up, even though 3/4ths of ones mentioned haven't really done much else aside release repacks. So I'm quite glad you brought up Diamondo25.

Even if you count years ago, the only ones that would make it to the best developers list would be Koolk, Snow, Bui, and a few others. That being said there were notable developers like Generic, LaiLaiNoob and Xterm that deserve a shoutout. However this isn't the "best developers" list. This is the list of people that were legends and as Sublime said made a significant impact on the community. OdinMS people were of course, Legends. Everything followed. OdinTeh was definitely important after that. Only one developer there is notable for making an impact and that is Danny. The rest of them are the one I've listed above since they all contributed something great (except Cornbread).

Reaction score

You just spoke my mind. Honestly, it's so stupid how bias this community is...

Diamondo25 is indeed a skilled developer, not to mention he's very humble. I'm glad to call him a friend of mine. (Y)

As for your statement about developers getting more popular when they quit is also true. It's like when an artist makes a bunch of artwork, but never gets it sold, but once the artist is dead, all of the sudden his/her artwork becomes masterpieces and he/she'll be highly respected.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
there are a bigger handful with those who ride on the success of other developers. (Not going to point out any names, I don't want faggots raiding on me, but you know who you are)

Which brings me to the point; there are developers who are considered godly or are known for their "developing" skills, when in reality they became friends with the right developer at the right time and was included into his/her development group and that's how their known.

God.. Bless.. you .. I honestly did not know how to put that into words but the moment I read that, I thought "YES THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SAY!", it makes me quite happy to see that there is, in fact, that "handful" of people still left on here that don't let e-fame get to their head, and can make noble and intelligent responses to such discussions.

I think if anyone here should be quoted for the remainder of this thread, it's the entire statement you made right there, I quoted in complete.. If only I was a big enough jerk to say what I really know about some of the people who were/are/will be praised for things .. not even their own. Unfortunately I didn't make a reputation based on being a d*ckhead, so I'll leave it at that, but this is the best thing I've read around here in a long long long time. I will say that.

Even if you count years ago, the only ones that would make it to the best developers list would be Koolk, Snow, Bui, and a few others. That being said there were notable developers like Generic, LaiLaiNoob and Xterm that deserve a shoutout. However this isn't the "best developers" list. This is the list of people that were legends and as Sublime said made a significant impact on the community. OdinMS people were of course, Legends. Everything followed. OdinTeh was definitely important after that. Only one developer there is notable for making an impact and that is Danny. The rest of them are the one I've listed above since they all contributed something great (except Cornbread).

I completely agree with you and I think you're right about the past impacts. Danny was by far, I'm sure not just for me alone, the biggest influence back-when this whole scene started taking a dip. I consider him to be the one (in my eyes) who brought back faith and motive in this field.

Although ... Generic, that's 1 thing I am split on and have my own opinion. I know very well what Jay was involved with and who he was involved with. I don't know if I personally would consider giving me a spot "up there". Let's just say someone much more literate then myself has stated, what I think about Jay.

Never had an issue with the kid, funny guy. But I personally would've put him up there.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty surprised nobody has said Sparks.

Ah, nope, didn't notice he was in Sublime's list. Nevertheless, seconding that.

There's also Retep998 who's the only person who's made a real attempt at creating a third-party MapleStory client, as well as having the fastest Wz library to date, and designing his own format with angelsl, and breaking his own record in speed multiple times with that.

Also, Ian (SaintsIan/MrSaints) for being the most badass web dev in this entire community.

Reaction score
God.. Bless.. you .. I honestly did not know how to put that into words but the moment I read that, I thought "YES THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SAY!", it makes me quite happy to see that there is, in fact, that "handful" of people still left on here that don't let e-fame get to their head, and can make noble and intelligent responses to such discussions.

I think if anyone here should be quoted for the remainder of this thread, it's the entire statement you made right there, I quoted in complete.. If only I was a big enough jerk to say what I really know about some of the people who were/are/will be praised for things .. not even their own. Unfortunately I didn't make a reputation based on being a d*ckhead, so I'll leave it at that, but this is the best thing I've read around here in a long long long time. I will say that.

I completely agree with you and I think you're right about the past impacts. Danny was by far, I'm sure not just for me alone, the biggest influence back-when this whole scene started taking a dip. I consider him to be the one (in my eyes) who brought back faith and motive in this field.

Although ... Generic, that's 1 thing I am split on and have my own opinion. I know very well what Jay was involved with and who he was involved with. I don't know if I personally would consider giving me a spot "up there". Let's just say someone much more literate then myself has stated, what I think about Jay.

Never had an issue with the kid, funny guy. But I personally would've put him up there.

I honestly can't remember a guy who leeched someone's fame because he was with them... Soul/Jay/Sexy or whatever his new username is does not count, he's not famous at all and is a failure if anything.

Back