Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Research]Which version of GMS will you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm doing a research, on which version of GMS are most favor of players.
By the way, I'm making a gms-like v62 server, so just want to check if v62 server is still favor of some players.
  1. v62 gms-like
  2. v83 high rate custom wz
  3. v117 semi gms-like
  4. v117 high rate custom wz
  5. v138+ gms-like

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any version, just if its coded alright.

Reaction score

There is no better answer you will get than what he said.

While I personally prefer the latest constant of GMS/EMS/MSEA/ has to offer while playing on a ps, I find that it tends to lack creativity. What do I mean? If you compare v83 to v117 & v139 you find that v83 has alot more to offer in such of "custom" non-gms like content. While It's the intention of some servers to be close as possible to their original counterpart I find it more enjoyable If there was custom content.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
neither of those, v55 please
v55? Really?

ikr.

There is no better answer you will get than what he said.

While I personally prefer the latest constant of GMS/EMS/MSEA/ has to offer while playing on a ps, I find that it tends to lack creativity. What do I mean? If you compare v83 to v117 & v139 you find that v83 has alot more to offer in such of "custom" non-gms like content. While It's the intention of some servers to be close as possible to their original counterpart I find it more enjoyable If there was custom content.
Thanks for the info

none, maplestory is a poop game. the only time i open up the client is for analysis or coding a server for it
face it, maplestory is a ded game

LOL. Whats make you hate maple story?

Reaction score
Honestly, I want the super low rates of v40b, with all the new areas and monsters from the newer versions, combined with a totally overhauled class tree where everything originates from beginner rather than having fifty million different independent class trees.

*Insert advertisement for NoLifeStory, along with a recruitment message for anyone who is willing to learn C++, here*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
v55? Really?

ikr.

Thanks for the info

LOL. Whats make you hate maple story?

He probably doesn't hate maple story, probably just hate maplestory development itself with all the leechers(learn nothing from it) and assholes who take work that aren't theres.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
v48 or lower, No 4the job, no horntail , no poop.
Just the old maple,Where players train together in PQ's.
The "new" maple is getting fucked up more and more...Bosses that take like 10 maps (Hekaton),poop cubes, ton of jobs that are poop...

Just give me the time of OdinMs or the time before that.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Why can't v83 be GMS like? TBH it'd be better than 62 being GMS like, That way when you hit higher levels you aren't stuck in Skele/Newts for 80+ levels.

Gmsv83 does already have to many poop, Pirate,Koc,Horntail,Scar etc

Have you played Gms v25, 38 etc?
The time where people where training Aqua Dungen to get lvl 200? or when people where Training Dreamy Ghosts?
In Ems it was even worser,
ItzMjauz got to lvl 200 before 4the job was out and the best training spot where grims for a long long time.

I would actually play a server who does have that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Gmsv83 does already have to many poop, Pirate,Koc,Horntail,Scar etc

Have you played Gms v25, 38 etc?
The time where people where training Aqua Dungen to get lvl 200? or when people where Training Dreamy Ghosts?
In Ems it was even worser,
ItzMjauz got to lvl 200 before 4the job was out and the best training spot where grims for a long long time.

I would actually play a server who does have that.

Can you tell me more features on gms v38? or provide me a link to check?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would play a custom v138.
meaning like hell lot of coded non GMS stuff like jq system and more but it would be v138.
unfortunately there isn't really a v138 customed server..(completely custom, extalia is not even close to my opinion.)
my friend was working with me on a good v138 server, but due to private reasons we stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back