Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is everyone from this section up to now?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Working on getting into electrical engineering at University of Toronto, McMaster, or Western University up in here Ontario:*:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was never "active" on ragezone. I first came here at 13-14 looking to create my own MS server. I made numerous trips back over the years. I would quit the server, only to restart again months/years later over nostalgia. While I was never in the community, this forum and maplestory/Maple private servers have and always will hold a special place in my heart.

Now, at 21, I'm going towards a degree in Nursing. Computer science, for me, would be a waste. Unlike some of the amazing developers here, I am not skilled enough to enter the field. While I am by no means computer illiterate (and I learned much during the years I spent with private servers), spending my current free time working on setting up a home Elastix server to make free calls and hopefully spoof caller ID all so I may ruin the days of a bunch of tech support/IRS/419 Scammers, I really am nothing special in terms of computer science. Sure I would be good at it, but I wouldn't be anything that stands out. Plus, in 30 years, I will be unable to keep up and, as such, out of a job.

Still, I thank everyone here for the foundational knowledge you have all provided. I am sorry I didn't speak up then, but I wish you all the best on your endeavors.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
I was never "active" on ragezone. I first came here at 13-14 looking to create my own MS server. I made numerous trips back over the years. I would quit the server, only to restart again months/years later over nostalgia. While I was never in the community, this forum and maplestory/Maple private servers have and always will hold a special place in my heart.

Now, at 21, I'm going towards a degree in Nursing. Computer science, for me, would be a waste. Unlike some of the amazing developers here, I am not skilled enough to enter the field. While I am by no means computer illiterate (and I learned much during the years I spent with private servers), spending my current free time working on setting up a home Elastix server to make free calls and hopefully spoof caller ID all so I may ruin the days of a bunch of tech support/IRS/419 Scammers, I really am nothing special in terms of computer science. Sure I would be good at it, but I wouldn't be anything that stands out. Plus, in 30 years, I will be unable to keep up and, as such, out of a job.

Still, I thank everyone here for the foundational knowledge you have all provided. I am sorry I didn't speak up then, but I wish you all the best on your endeavors.

Your nickname looks oddly familiar.

Adding my small update to stay on-topic; Working on a website/forum and managing a community for a Sudden Attack private server (another Neckson game).

Just waiting for that DMCA to drop. Thank god for no more l'korn.

Can't kilean the zilean
Reaction score
I come back every now and then to check on you guys, i always get sad though. I miss this place and it feels very nostalgic browsing through threads and seeing familiar names

Reaction score
Guess I might as well update things too, since I last posted I moved over to working in Business Intelligence now doing sales/marketing analytics for the same company I've been working for the last few years which has been Ducking fantastic. Been working with extremely talented folks. I'll also be traveling the world this year. Tokyo, Hong Kong and Greece in the next 6 months.

Hope all is doing well, sad to see MapleStory dying out but there's only so much nostalgia can do it seems these days.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Still in school.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Just finished my graduation and currently working as a dev in finantial services area.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is Superraz777 AKA "Snow" as most people knew it.
Just randomly decided to see if this place was still a thing and saw this thread.

Finished up 2 degrees from uni and moved to LA to work as a Software Engineer at SpaceX

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is Superraz777 AKA "Snow" as most people knew it.
Just randomly decided to see if this place was still a thing and saw this thread.

Finished up 2 degrees from uni and moved to LA to work as a Software Engineer at SpaceX

Woah, long time no see Snow! You work at SpaceX now?! Damn, congratulations dude!!!

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Look at all these cuties c:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh man it feels funny being in this sub again lol. So many old faces.

o7 everyone.

@OP Mostly just chillin, thought I'd stop by since I haven't signed into these forums in years

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[ama] i'm mateo the guy who owned finalstory

idk if these are allowed but i honestly miss this scene and wanted to see if there any old faces back from 9 years ago.

for those who don't know, finalstory was the largest maplestory server like in 2008/2009 and i created a duopoly with ancientms (my boy v1ral) where we always occupied #1 and #2 in the top spot ranks (beyond me why anyone would play in a server called chickenms, what horrible branding LOL)

just came here to chat

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [ama] i'm mateo the guy who owned finalstory

Greetings! I'll just use what I saw on The Internet as my basic knowledge.

What made you want to create this server?
How often did you work on your server?
Did you ever feel burnt out?
What features did you think attracted players the most?
Why did you close?

That's all I could come up with for now, thank you!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [ama] i'm mateo the guy who owned finalstory

Greetings! I'll just use what I saw on The Internet as my basic knowledge.

Why did you close?

That's all I could come up with for now, thank you!

When TitanMS first got released, I knew this guy that was making his own MapleStory private server and he invited me to be a GM in it. What pissed me off though was that he clearly had no vision to make the server big and was hiring absolute idiots as GM's so I decided I could just make my own server and see where it took me. I did not EVER expect to be #1.

All day, every day. It was all I thought about. I think I was 15 at the time (I'm 24 now).

Yes, especially when the server was being DDoSed by that fucker Sango and I had to sleep knowing I was loosing players because the server was down. In hindsight, it was the best experience and it helped me mature and understand how to run a business even though it was a game.

We had the most stable server also we weren't doing that stupid shenanigans with rebirths and ruining the entire dichotomy of MapleStory. Rebirths were only for people who donated and it made them look legendary in front of everyone else. We also made sure our in game economy was stable and not over-inflated with stupid poop. We made sure our server was GMS like while having high rates so people could enjoy the game and do poop they couldnt do in GMS.
Why did you close?

Cease & Desist from Nexon, it's their game and I haven't touched anything with MapleStory ever since. After that, I lost all interest in video games and became more obsessed with gym, getting shredded and girls LOL

Back