Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is everyone from this section up to now?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nobody would probably remember me since I was only here for a short period, but have been lurking around in the section for years.
It's sad to see how majority of them just leeches off releases and it's going to be obsolete one day if this continue considering how it's declining rapidly.

Working my butt off all day and I'm rather satisfied with what I'm doing.

I'm sexy and I know it :)
Reaction score
Starting an IMM (Information, multimedia and management) bachelor at university in september.
Worked at a law firm for 1,5 years, orientated on what interests me and what I want to be doing later.

So maybe i'll be around here again to offer some information technology related services to people in the community.
Computer science came out to be too technical for my likings (advanced algorithms, coding languages I don't want to know ect.) and i'd like to be more creative with information. Thus, the study.

I wonder if the amount of people playing/starting private servers is still the same/higher/lower?

Good to see you all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Starting an IMM (Information, multimedia and management) bachelor at university in september.
Worked at a law firm for 1,5 years, orientated on what interests me and what I want to be doing later.

So maybe i'll be around here again to offer some information technology related services to people in the community.
Computer science came out to be too technical for my likings (advanced algorithms, coding languages I don't want to know ect.) and i'd like to be more creative with information. Thus, the study.

I wonder if the amount of people playing/starting private servers is still the same/higher/lower?

Good to see you all.

I'm surprised you didn't do anything related to web development. IIRC you sold a couple CMSes back in the day. Eh in any case, best of luck with where you're headed.

OT:

I just recently quit the Maple scene (I guess I outgrew it), planning to meet up with Jvlaple (David) some time in the future. In the last year of my pursuit for a bachelors in CS with a couple of dumb projects on the side that I feel like posting to GitHub. Came just to see what the Maple dev community is like.

Side Note: MVC is the modern standard for web development. If you want to use an MVC framework with PHP I'd suggest Laravel.

Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't do anything related to web development. IIRC you sold a couple CMSes back in the day. Eh in any case, best of luck with where you're headed.

OT:

I just recently quit the Maple scene (I guess I outgrew it), planning to meet up with Jvlaple (David) some time in the future. In the last year of my pursuit for a bachelors in CS with a couple of dumb projects on the side that I feel like posting to GitHub. Came just to see what the Maple dev community is like.

Side Note: MVC is the modern standard for web development. If you want to use an MVC framework with PHP I'd suggest Laravel.

Where is Jvlaple? We miss Renoria LMAO.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Haha I feel you, he actually abandoned the project a couple years back (about 2 years now I think) and is now working on his start-up companies. Just a couple months back he was working on a website for business management and have that nearly completed (last time I talked to him, he was working on the REST API for his site). I don't blame him for dropping Renoria though, since OpenGL for rendering graphics is no easy feat.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
Went to school for about 6 months, dropped out cause of retarded education system.
Worked for 5 months, quit cause of immature co-workers.
Played this FPS (Sudden Attack) for a while, then Nexon shut it down, so now playing the Latino one (so yea, hackers everywhere).

Right now unemployed, partying a lot, enjoying the fact that the summer slowly comes closer every day! :)

Jesus this place sure did die a lot the past few years.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Started school for web development, realized the industry is bogus and web standards nowadays are becoming ridiculous and thus I want nothing to do with it.

So I'm taking culinary classes to become a chef, currently manager of a small kitchen.

Btw rj I was in sf a few months ago but lost your number ;(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey all!

So after leaving the scene, I went on to start and finish high school and now I am in my second semester to my AA in CS. I am looking to transfer either in-state to UCF or maybe another school out of state. Shortly after leaving the scene I had some economic troubles but am finally stable enough to say I live in a house with a roommate in Miami :)

Turned 19 about a month ago

MapleGenesis = Still the best server I've ever played.

After all my shitting around on RZ growing up, I eventually turned to computer science as a career path. Now I'm a CS student at New York University a little over a year away from graduating.

Wish I still had an android phone to keep playing your games but I'm 'bout the iPhone now

pursuing a bachelors in astrophysics at UCF.(second semester so far)

What do you think about UCF? I'm thinking about it for its biomed program or computer science up there considering I have family there

I'm .

Hah

Actually I've been out of school and working as an engineer. I still stop by here from time to time though. I don't talk to many people from back then but those I have kept touch with have had 100% success rate at finding a job, which is cool. Being here isn't completely useless.

Hey man how's it going? I'd love to chat with you some time

In my second year at sfu for compsci. Currently trying to get an internship.

Internship worries are going to start growing worry on me soon

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Was just linked back here by Peter on Facebook, haha

Haha I feel you, he actually abandoned the project a couple years back (about 2 years now I think) and is now working on his start-up companies. Just a couple months back he was working on a website for business management and have that nearly completed (last time I talked to him, he was working on the REST API for his site). I don't blame him for dropping Renoria though, since OpenGL for rendering graphics is no easy feat.

Hey Jon, great to see you again :)

Renoria launched, then I decided it was too much effort to maintain it since I already blew 30K on the art and I was blowing cash at a rate of 3K/mo with no investors. It would've kept it running but it was blowing cash way too fast for me to keep up with it. We were running on AWS Large Instances hahaha. The code I wrote was also too hard to test, I couldn't unit test any of it since Renoria was the first Java program I ever wrote from scratch. Refactoring it would take much longer than rewriting the entire thing from scratch.

Anyway, I've been working on a lot of software, moved from Australia to America, launched a social network in private beta, almost ready to launch my next SaaS tool :)

Picked up Scala, Ruby, Python, Lua, Node.js, Objective-C, Android (Java), MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Redshift, Postgres, OO-PHP and a ton of other stuff since I left here.

Anyone who wants to keep in touch, Skype me @ davidx1337

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This thread is simply amazing. All the memories are coming back in a single instant. Thanks for the people here who have helped me in the past, whether indirectly or directly, you've all contributed to an amazing childhood.

I'm 20 now and I recently graduated from college. I now hold a degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. I'm about to take the state exams this September, and hopefully by next year I'd go to Med school to pursue my goals. Kinda shocked how I went from an interest in programming (largely due to y'all) to being a soon-to-be medical professional and hopefully a doctor soon.

Reaction score
I love how most of us here are gone due to school or a job taking over the spare time we used to have when we were actively a part of MapleStory development.
You got that right, April is my last month of first semester and I believe this semester is hell since after testing class schedules I like my Fall layout much better. In the fall, I can actually start doing homework immediately after class. This semester is pre-requisites for math and workplace. Next semester looks like a ton of fun, I'm taking five classes, Programming with C#, Introduction to Python Programming, Programming with Java, Finite Mathematics and Intro to technical writing. This semester is meh (Excel, Workplace Communications, College Reading, Web Design and Intermediate Algebra).

Last edited:
my milkshake.
Reaction score
I have a life now actually focusing on school and work (surprisingly started a successful career in politics, go figure, guess all that white tumblr girl sneakiness cat fighting came in handy)...like any other adult lol. Though it is depressing and nostalgic to see all these faded memories :/ especially with MSN now dead.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I have a life now actually focusing on school and work (surprisingly started a successful career in politics, go figure, guess all that white tumblr girl sneakiness cat fighting came in handy)...like any other adult lol. Though it is depressing and nostalgic to see all these faded memories :/ especially with MSN now dead.

I've seen you (or your alias) somewhere before. It's oddly familiar; but i can't seem to point my finger on where...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's nostalgic seeing all these familiar names and avatars. I don't think anyone remembers me, but I started a server back in 2009 when I was a freshman in highschool. I think it peaked at ~500 people online at a time... not bragging, since that's not brag worthy, but those were good times, except for when I had to wake up at 3am when the server crashed.

This one time we decided to set up a "donator" system where you could get GM-for-a-month (with certain restrictions that wouldn't ruin the game) if you donated $100. Some kid bought it and the next morning my mom woke me up saying there was someone on the phone for me. It was the kid's parents, and they wanted the money back. Of course, I refunded them and temp banned the kid.

Anyway, I'm majoring in computer science like a lot of you and starting at the big G in January. It's cool seeing what everyone's up to though, even if I didn't get to meet most of you personally.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I'm trying to get into ungergrad bbus school at SUNY binghamton for MIS. RaptorJesus, why is transferring schools in california so hard? I need some advice cuz I live there.

Back