Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is everyone from this section up to now?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its good to see some of us still hanging around!

Reaction score
Nice to see everyone is doing well! I went to the top 100 to checkout what the server population was like these days, holy poop did Nexon stomp out their competition. The top 4 servers only have 3600 people online combined. I was also surprised that one of the top servers was a GMS like nostalgia server! Pretty awesome stuff, I knew that the nostalgia crowd would return and want those low grid rates haha.

not a programmer
Reaction score
Judging by how dead GMS is I wonder if that 3600 is higher than the GMS population?

not a programmer
Reaction score
At the beginning of 2014 there were around half a million of concurrent players in KMS. In GMS, well... probably less than 50,000.

These statistics were last updated 08/05/2014
Scania 4255
Windia 3184
Bera 2873
GAZED 2217 (Galicia + Arcania + Zenith + El Nido East Coast + Demethos)
Broa 1734
YMCK 1448 (Yellonde + Mardia + Chaos + Kradia)
BelloNova 1254 (Bellocan + Nova)
Renegades 1121
Khaini 1010
Total Maplestory (GMS) Population: Approximately 19,000
Total Maplestory (GMS) Worlds: 17

No wonder khaini feels so dead they would be lower now besides maybe scania.

Reaction score

These statistics were last updated 08/05/2014
Scania 4255
Windia 3184
Bera 2873
GAZED 2217 (Galicia + Arcania + Zenith + El Nido East Coast + Demethos)
Broa 1734
YMCK 1448 (Yellonde + Mardia + Chaos + Kradia)
BelloNova 1254 (Bellocan + Nova)
Renegades 1121
Khaini 1010
Total Maplestory (GMS) Population: Approximately 19,000
Total Maplestory (GMS) Worlds: 17

No wonder khaini feels so dead they would be lower now besides maybe scania.

Oh, god, this saddens me a lot. I didn't know the situation was this bad :(.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Stopped coming here after graduating HS. Been trying to study law, but since I acted extremely stupid and had multiple suspensions/expulsions during my MS/HS career, making ti exceedingly hard, even with my higher then average SAT/ACT/Exam scores...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Been trying to study law, ... making ti exceedingly hard, even with my higher then average SAT/ACT/Exam scores...
Nice humble brag.

OT: I'm in uni studying Computer Science and working in a programming languages research lab.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stopped coming here after graduating HS. Been trying to study law, but since I acted extremely stupid and had multiple suspensions/expulsions during my MS/HS career, making ti exceedingly hard, even with my higher then average SAT/ACT/Exam scores...

Sooner or later, those SAT scores won't really mean much.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
by sooner or later, you mean the moment you accept an offer to university :p
and if you don't go to a university/college, then it literally means nothing
What I meant was that many universities and/or colleges are not taking SAT's as requirements anymore. Over the course of a few years, many more colleges will be added onto the list of schools not requiring SAT's. George Washington University is one of them. It's not my time to apply to a college yet, but I feel like by the time it is, the application process will be much different.

Last edited:
Everything is possible~
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why did I not post in this thread? Weird. I've seen it a couple times already.

Currently I'm working in a company called Treatwell, as a backend developer of the website. If you don't know Treatwell, you might know Wahanda. We've been fused together since a couple months now (Wahanda being popular in the UK). The companies are based in the beauty branch as a booking website (so if you want a haircut, you can order it online).
Worked with Scala, Java (as least as possible), Go(lang), Redis, Elastic(search) and Play Framework.
Before this job, I had a job as a dev at a 3D software company, so learned 3D stuff there (WebGL and 3D formats).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its good to see some of us still hanging around!

I'm still here as well lol, actually just got back. I see everyone's now in college and what not and I'm sitting here having gotten suspended with a year and a half left of my computer engineering degree now working at HostGator aiming for Linux admin position. Miss talking to some of you guys on MSN and Skype.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
What I meant was that many universities and/or colleges are not taking SAT's as requirements anymore. Over the course of a few years, many more colleges will be added onto the list of schools not requiring SAT's. George Washington University is one of them. It's not my time to apply to a college yet, but I feel like by the time it is, the application process will be much different.

Not requiring exams does not mean that good scores on them do not help immensely with admission. We're still a far cry away from a world where schools universally (or almost universally) refuse to accept standardized test scores like the SAT or the ACT. If you're seeking admission at top universities, doing poorly or not submitting standardized tests will likely hurt your application. After all, they have very few metrics to gauge your general academic ability as grading is not standardized and thus, your GPA is meaningless to them.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Signing my life away in the military for the last 5 years

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow a lot of people are still around...
I'm sure lots of people check back here occasionally. I figured everyone was older when I used to post on here, but I guess there were a lot of kids like myself. Messing around with java back then is probs one of the reasons I ended up in CS and engineering now. If only I'd stuck with the programming I'd be a master by now...

Reaction score
Wish I would've been more active in the past, miss everyone and being apart of the community.

I still check back occasionally, been working a lot. I own a few companies doing financial consultation and credit repair, along with a car dealership and a clothing store. If anyone remembers me and wants to catch up, PM me. I check back at least once a month.

Back