Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is everyone from this section up to now?

Reaction score
A little update, my last year of HS(2013~2014), turned out I had a low GPA and couldn't graduate. Honestly, didn't even care that much since it gave me something to do. Over that summer, I did summer school and managed to finish a class but that wasn't enough. The next school year(2014~2015), I went to the school for 5 weeks to sit in a room til 10:30AM everyday til my online makeup classes were ready. Sat at home and worked on those til the end of the year and finally finished them. Now, I'm applying for college and got accepted to one within 24 hours. Plan on going for graphic design since I'm getting into it and took Digital Design 1 in my senior year. The school I applied to, is actually 5 minutes away and really anyone can get into it unless you're really dumb for some reason. I plan on doing online classes for all 4 years if possible since I don't care for people that much. Yea, kinda a shut-in but i do go outside every now and then to do stuff.

TL;DR - Fucked up my last year of HS and made it up. Applied for college, got accepted and plan on studying Graphic Design.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I used to go by the username Krytical without the "Z". Not sure how to relog back into my old account, haven't been here since 2008 but making a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Life's been alright. Could be much better but for what I have now I'm pretty happy, but could be happier. Lol.

Got into the stock market, own a couple businesses. Just got married, have a 1 year old... Just doing me. Not sure how to explain in words but I rather leave that up to the imagination or questions.

Nice to see some old 'friends'. Wish to catch up to some people, sometime.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I finished High School, pursing a degree in now. (Comp Sci OFC!)

Working my butt off 10AM - 10PM (School & Work) 4 days a week. Looking at graduating in two years.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Oh god what a trip this thread has been!

We should have a reunion. Lets all plan a day and just boot up a V55 server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
We should have a reunion. Lets all plan a day and just boot up a V55 server.

This! Please would someone be so kind to fork OdinMS rev988/SeanSource v5.9 solely for nostalgia purposes? There is a severe lack of v55 servers.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
6 figure boss
Wait, seriously?
I went to a 4 yr college across the country to study business. I got sick after one semester and had to move back home and start community college. That's what I've been up to

Reaction score
I'm currently awaiting my enlistment process to complete, military huehue :p
While waiting for it to complete, I enhance my development skills gain more experiece because I'm a complete newbie (it's an open source mini framework tailored for MapleStory servers, currently a pre-release prototype), mostly web development and also participating in a MapleStory development of a MapleGlobal copy (to the detail), starting with v0.01 (using a bit of a higher version, no client files available for v0.01).

Staff member
Reaction score
@kingslime

MapleStory development of a MapleGlobal copy (to the detail), starting with v0.01 (using a bit of a higher version, no client files available for v0.01).

Ahhhh.. you are part of that server? Some people I know including myself did catch their eye on it. How serious will this project be? Like, how far are you planning to update it version by version? I would love to re-experience every version again (or those available) to see what they changed over the time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
kingslime

Ahhhh.. you are part of that server? Some people I know including myself did catch their eye on it. How serious will this project be? Like, how far are you planning to update it version by version? I would love to re-experience every version again (or those available) to see what they changed over the time.

who needs GMS beta..

wEToWsX - What is everyone from this section up to now? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If only I knew Korean, could've been awesome, nice! :)
Hope KMS Alpha isn't broken client-wise like GMS Beta lol

KMS client has worked perfectly fine, and so did GMS beta. What do you mean GMS beta is broken by the way? I know it's missing several WZ nodes and images for some packets and lot unfinished, but afaik that just wasn't ready to be released in the beta yet which was why. I know portals was the only annoying thing in v40b from when I was coding it, but I don't recall it being client-sided. Been a while tho, could be wrong; I thought it was XMLs or something.

Reaction score
KMS client has worked perfectly fine, and so did GMS beta. What do you mean GMS beta is broken by the way? I know it's missing several WZ nodes and images for some packets and lot unfinished, but afaik that just wasn't ready to be released in the beta yet which was why. I know portals was the only annoying thing in v40b from when I was coding it, but I don't recall it being client-sided. Been a while tho, could be wrong; I thought it was XMLs or something.

I know about the portals, that's a +/-1 in the target map IDs of the portal in the WZ, which is then imported to XML and used by the server, that's not it. The CashShop isn't quite working afaik (I don't think it's a packet error iirc, was a client malfunction), lightbulbs (it supposed to be in the beta, right?) I remember there were more client issues but can't really remember what they were, it's been like 4 months since we last worked on v40b.
Btw, "Night Road" lmao.

not a programmer
Reaction score
I know about the portals, that's a +/-1 in the target map IDs of the portal in the WZ, which is then imported to XML and used by the server, that's not it.
I checked the xml of tm, prevmap and nextmap compared to other version xml and they are the same.
The only differences were some x coords, one of the portal nodes were out of order (moving in notepad didn't fix) and portal was below info and back instead of at the bottom under minimap.

I think the lightbulb was added in v49?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I checked the xml of tm, prevmap and nextmap compared to other version xml and they are the same.
The only differences were one of the portal nodes were out of order (moving in notepad didn't fix) and portal was below info and back instead of at the bottom under minimap.

I think the lightbulb was added in v49?

Um, I stand corrected.
These are what I remember from the back of my mind, I just remember the client was somewhat broken in v40b - I don't quite remember what it was.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Um, I stand corrected.
These are what I remember from the back of my mind, I just remember the client was somewhat broken in v40b - I don't quite remember what it was.

Yeah, most things were working or didn't exist. Also, I coded the Cash Shop entirely after I released v40b. It was the last thing I coded for it and I don't recall ever having any problems. You're probably right though, being an old version there's bound to be some client bugs as well. ;P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its been years since this section has been active and going, wondering what everyone has been up to? School/Work/Etc?

How are you all doing?

It've been 5 years! woah, I'm amazed that you guys are still around.
I've been playing a bit of MapleStorySEA recently, it does seems that private servers are going nostalgic while the official server feels more like private server of the past.
The amount of players have dropped dramatically too..

Stumbled upon this article earlier

and I thought of popping by Ragezone to see how have things gone.. There's a strikingly similarities between him and me back then.

However I'm more disappointed about the state of the community, time seems to have frozen since 2011/2012. :mad:

Even my old thread were still at the first page of RageZone. I just looked around the net, old screenshots of celino, all the arguments I've made with people in the past on ragezone (john, Xerixe haha lol).
Familiar faces around! kipe, Expedia, kevintjuh93, richan (maybe, that nexon avatar), RatorJesus, Diamando, retep998 .
Yes, there were bad moments but just as I looked back I really miss every single one of them!

As for me personally, I'm currently in the field of Computer science & economics.
I'm an indie mobile app developer (android, windows), a bitcoiner, and a day trader (stocks, forex, BTC)

Just shortly after Celino was shut down I've moved on to Windows Phone/Windows 8 app development (*due to nexon, as you know it).
My daily expenses was pretty much reliant on Celino, and there was an urgent need to look for another source of revenue.. It was certainly a right choice, as android and iOS have just taken off at that time and competition in Windows wasn't too high. Past 3 years, the revenue have been consistently at 6 digit annually (USD terms) ..

I'm from Singapore and yes, I was a school dropout. GCE O-Level with a score of 26.
I must say, I've learned almost everything I need throughout 2009~2012 when developing typicalms/Celino. The fact is that before OdinMS was released, my knowledge was only limited to cheatengine scripting, and a bit of assembly instruction.

If I have a time machine that's able to bring me back to 2009, will i do this again? Yes I will certainly do this all over again. Even at the risk of being Lord Corned.

ucGKiLO - What is everyone from this section up to now? - RaGEZONE Forums

Excuse me from my absent for over 4 years.

Just like the 'silicon valley' teen who was sued by Nexon for duplicating items/meso, I'm sure many of you here are too successful in your life :) You guys are a bunch of unusual beast!

It certainly wasn't easy, relative to the grade orientated society I live in but I believe what you have achieved for yourself is more important. Does it really matter if you're having a perfect GPA and yet you're only able to work on what's within your scope, like a zombie? :sleep:

Source code of celino wasn't released when it was shut down. Sorry about that, I do thought of contributing back to the community.
However as part of the settlement with Nexon I am not allowed to do that.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
A little update, my last year of HS(2013~2014), turned out I had a low GPA and couldn't graduate. Honestly, didn't even care that much since it gave me something to do. Over that summer, I did summer school and managed to finish a class but that wasn't enough. The next school year(2014~2015), I went to the school for 5 weeks to sit in a room til 10:30AM everyday til my online makeup classes were ready. Sat at home and worked on those til the end of the year and finally finished them. Now, I'm applying for college and got accepted to one within 24 hours. Plan on going for graphic design since I'm getting into it and took Digital Design 1 in my senior year. The school I applied to, is actually 5 minutes away and really anyone can get into it unless you're really dumb for some reason. I plan on doing online classes for all 4 years if possible since I don't care for people that much. Yea, kinda a shut-in but i do go outside every now and then to do stuff.

TL;DR - Fucked up my last year of HS and made it up. Applied for college, got accepted and plan on studying Graphic Design.

Here's my 6 months update on my situation.

ESports - After getting accepted to the college, I kinda just sat around and played video games to kill time and did a lot of other things. For the past 2-ish years or so, I've been apart of a that is pretty popular. With the publisher(Activison) starting a league for NA, EU, and ANZ, there's matches on Tuesdays and Wednesdays of the week, we've been really working hard to get everything together to help the community to get a deeper understanding of the game and important numbers. It's mostly a bunch of college kids from NA and EU. I'll be honest, I stopped watching LoL since I quit the game and gave my account to a friend. Been trying to get into CSGO, Overwatch, and Halo. Thank god we're back on Twitch because we just watch VODs if we miss something.

Designing - Am I still designing? Yes, I am. It's still mostly been CoD stuff, but I tend to jump towards other games like CSGO, Maplestory/Maplestory 2, and just random things. I try and work most of the time during the week to just make random graphics and hope to improve my skills.

College - College isn't as bad as I thought it would be. One class was a resource type of class that lasted 4 weeks and you meet once a week. You just sat there for 35,45,60min and just listen to a lecture on how to use their website, navigate through the online classes, and how to get help. Was it a good class? Not really, just felt like a waste of time. If I could've dropped it w/o getting a bad grade I probably would've. Anyways, I'm now taking 4 classes online(Developmental Writing/Reading, Intermediate Algebra, and Computer Applications) which I have mostly A's and B's in which is something I'd never thought I would have. Over the summer, I plan on taking Liberal Arts 1 and Comp 1 since the Math and English/Writing class I'm currently taking is an elective class because of State Tests(in Florida).

Maplestory - Do I still play? A little bit, but not as much as I used to. After Ellinia poop the bed as i sat in their IRC everyday talking to people, I just left. There was a rumor going around about another server called 'Dawnveil'. After hopping in their Discord/Forums when they finally opened their closed beta, I decided to give it a try. Hard to tell how good it'll be since it's in beta, but looks promising and I'll probably play it.

Other - I'm not really sure what else I could talk about. Honestly, if you have any questions, just reply to this. If not, I'll give another update in 6 months or so if I remember with my poop memory..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's an account of my story, at least 8 years ago during the days of odinms...

well ;) I'm still writing as I speak, it may not be completed yet. Quite lengthy.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's my 6 months update on my situation.

ESports - After getting accepted to the college, I kinda just sat around and played video games to kill time and did a lot of other things. For the past 2-ish years or so, I've been apart of a that is pretty popular. With the publisher(Activison) starting a league for NA, EU, and ANZ, there's matches on Tuesdays and Wednesdays of the week, we've been really working hard to get everything together to help the community to get a deeper understanding of the game and important numbers. It's mostly a bunch of college kids from NA and EU. I'll be honest, I stopped watching LoL since I quit the game and gave my account to a friend. Been trying to get into CSGO, Overwatch, and Halo. Thank god we're back on Twitch because we just watch VODs if we miss something.

Designing - Am I still designing? Yes, I am. It's still mostly been CoD stuff, but I tend to jump towards other games like CSGO, Maplestory/Maplestory 2, and just random things. I try and work most of the time during the week to just make random graphics and hope to improve my skills.

College - College isn't as bad as I thought it would be. One class was a resource type of class that lasted 4 weeks and you meet once a week. You just sat there for 35,45,60min and just listen to a lecture on how to use their website, navigate through the online classes, and how to get help. Was it a good class? Not really, just felt like a waste of time. If I could've dropped it w/o getting a bad grade I probably would've. Anyways, I'm now taking 4 classes online(Developmental Writing/Reading, Intermediate Algebra, and Computer Applications) which I have mostly A's and B's in which is something I'd never thought I would have. Over the summer, I plan on taking Liberal Arts 1 and Comp 1 since the Math and English/Writing class I'm currently taking is an elective class because of State Tests(in Florida).

Maplestory - Do I still play? A little bit, but not as much as I used to. After Ellinia poop the bed as i sat in their IRC everyday talking to people, I just left. There was a rumor going around about another server called 'Dawnveil'. After hopping in their Discord/Forums when they finally opened their closed beta, I decided to give it a try. Hard to tell how good it'll be since it's in beta, but looks promising and I'll probably play it.

Other - I'm not really sure what else I could talk about. Honestly, if you have any questions, just reply to this. If not, I'll give another update in 6 months or so if I remember with my poop memory..

CoD <3. Do you play 360/PS3/PS4, or just design/video edit? ;P

Back