Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New Section Format

Which format do you like best?

• Current Format

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Fraysa's Format

Votes: 39 92.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think our current section format is kind of bad. Web developments are mixed with alternative languages development, which leads to a big mess and confusion. Not to mention new comers don't know where to post most of the time.

I've came up with an alternate format. Please vote for the one you desire or make one of your own and post it here. Hopefully @MentaL can do something about it!

-

Fraysa's Format:

My setup! Here, server development and web development are split to their own sections. WZ Editing section is left untouched, and the discussions section is removed. All discussions will be posted in the main /f425/ page.

To identify the different languages, users can choose a language tag when opening a thread, for example: "[C#] CoolSauce v.62!", "[Java] Guild PVP for OdinMS", etcetera!

Fraysa - New Section Format - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Reaction score
I'm def. a supporter of whatever new format that separates web development from server development.

And after that i'm all-in for the Language tag.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Last time i made a thread about this it got closed, then in the mod section it got remade and then it died , so i assume that this will die also,although if it doesn't then i support this.

Reaction score
I'm against it.

Just the fact of a Server Development section that will contain all java, C#, C++ and any others all in one is a bit too much clustered. Not to mention navigation will be difficult for a specific thread once mixed with so many others.

This is another story if Server Development had sub categories of Java, C# then another for the less popular and their own sub categories of Help, Release, Tut, Dev, but of course it would be 3x larger sections to have a better organization.

Reaction score
I'm against it.

Just the fact of a Server Development section that will contain all java, C#, C++ and any others all in one is a bit too much clustered. Not to mention navigation will be difficult for a specific thread once mixed with so many others.

This is another story if Server Development had sub categories of Java, C# then another for the less popular and their own sub categories of Help, Release, Tut, Dev, but of course it would be 3x larger sections to have a better organization.

Instead of making a section for every language, we can split it like so:

- Java
- .NET (C++, C#, VB.Net, etcetera)
- Other Languages

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
hell, yes it is, that's why it's flawed. It's either a lot of categories or a bunch of .net, java and other threads all combined together. Talk about clutter when searching for something specific

No, we could make use vbulletin tags to tag the language to the thread

Also, what about everything else that isn't server development or web development? (i.e gui tools and such) Where do you post those :huh:

Reaction score
No, we could make use vbulletin tags to tag the language to the thread

Also, what about everything else that isn't server development or web development? (i.e gui tools and such) Where do you post those :huh:

Well technically with this current format, any java program someone made would go into Java section because it's technically part of maplestory java based dev and likewise with alt section (.net, etc)

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Reaction score
I don't see the problem with adding all releases into one category.

It will only clutter if you want it to. If we are all clear in our threads and use a prefix, there isn't an issue:

Just add a couple more prefixes, or change the current ones to a format as: [language][post_type] and it should be fine.

Reaction score
I don't see the problem with adding all releases into one category.

It will only clutter if you want it to. If we are all clear in our threads and use a prefix, there isn't an issue:

Just add a couple more prefixes, or change the current ones to a format as: [language][post_type] and it should be fine.

Exactly. We can also use different colors for different languages. Green for C#, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back