Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

New Section Format

Which format do you like best?

• Current Format

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Fraysa's Format

Votes: 39 92.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So...any news on progress?

why would there be??

it doesn't take 3 weeks to setup some Ducking forum sections and category unless you are terminally dumb; 30 mins at most is the time it should take to come to a conclusion and figure out a proper arrangement and categorization

however, it has come to my attention that the mods in this forum are lacking in brain capacity so we can't hope for much

Reaction score
why would there be??

it doesn't take 3 weeks to setup some Ducking forum sections and category unless you are terminally dumb; 30 mins at most is the time it should take to come to a conclusion and figure out a proper arrangement and categorization

however, it has come to my attention that the mods in this forum are lacking in brain capacity so we can't hope for much
How about that I moved home this month? Daughter just turned two and had to do a lot of stuff revolving that plus party arrangements, then onto consideration my other properties and business ventures outside of ragezone and finally not approving of the final changes. I always take a while to review section changes, have some consideration.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
LF> Web Dev and C# sections lel

On topic:
Hope this gets approved, finally we will have Web dev and C# sections at last.

I don't think we need a C# section, the tag suggestion was good enough for me however, i do think that web development should get her own sections.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

MentaL is quite busy at the moment.

However I think that this will happen.
- New section for web development
- Usage of tags in Alternative Languages

Not sure if I miss anything. But we don't want a lot of new section and the only one that's really useful at the moment is web development. Tags in Alternative languages seems good enough for me. We can always sort things out if it doesn't seem to work, which I don't think will happen.

Reaction score
MentaL is quite busy at the moment.

However I think that this will happen.
- New section for web development
- Usage of tags in Alternative Languages

Not sure if I miss anything. But we don't want a lot of new section and the only one that's really useful at the moment is web development. Tags in Alternative languages seems good enough for me. We can always sort things out if it doesn't seem to work, which I don't think will happen.

But the biggest question still left unanswered - is there really a need to split OdinMS from other server development threads? Like I said, stuff that don't belong not in the OdinMS section not in the Alternative Languages section get thrown into the Alternative Language section because there's no other choice. Why not add the tags and make a section called Server Development that'll include everything? That way people can post there tools, packers, or just useful data that didn't belong anywhere but now has its own section - a section that has to do with everything related to servers development, just like in 2008. Honestly there aren't that many threads that are unrelated to OdinMS so why split and deal with another section...? Not to mention that if web development goes it's own section then Alternative Languages will die out. Just combine them.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
But the biggest question still left unanswered - is there really a need to split OdinMS from other server development threads? Like I said, stuff that don't belong not in the OdinMS section not in the Alternative Languages section get thrown into the Alternative Language section because there's no other choice. Why not add the tags and make a section called Server Development that'll include everything? That way people can post there tools, packers, or just useful data that didn't belong anywhere but now has its own section - a section that has to do with everything related to servers development, just like in 2008. Honestly there aren't that many threads that are unrelated to OdinMS so why split and deal with another section...? Not to mention that if web development goes it's own section then Alternative Languages will die out. Just combine them.

I also agree with that , put everything related with servers in one section,where as that section does contain the following sub sections: development,help,tutorials,releases.
Then simply "force" the use of tags like: [Tool] , [C++] ,[Java],[Client],[C#],[VB],[<source name>], or any other tag that is understandable/ indicates where the thread is about.

I also still don't understand why there should be a "java based OdinMs" section and an alternative language section, both for server development, just put them together.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm in agreeance with both Fraysa and Hilia. I'd also like to see the removal of the discussion section as Fraysa originally recommended. (just incase that had been forgotten)

Reaction score
inb4 Client Development section w/ a bunch of development threads and just an IDB graveyard of a release section.

But in all seriousness, I think it is pretty silly that the sections have been segregated between "Odin-based" and everything else. This is especially the case when the "Alternative Languages" have probably seen the most innovation and advancement these past few years compared to Java software.

There are always a few really amazing gems in the Alternative Language section that many people may miss out on if they don't pay attention. I feel the community of active contributors is already dwindling to the point where it is nonsensical to separate everything by some arbitrary categorization of "Odin-based" versus not.

Though, if you want more honest titles for our current section spread, then it would be:

[Java Based (Odin)] - Leeching, circlejerks, and sadness ahead.
[Alternative Languages] - Innovation with a slight taste of condescending.
[WZ Editing] - I can make imagez!?!
[General Discussion] - Let's talk about how MapleStory isn't as good as it used to be in the good old days.

When we could be:

[Server Development] - Best bring some ointment cause you're gonna get torched.
[Client Development] (my own addition) - Graveyard of broken dreams, dank memes, and unmaintainable software.
[WZ Editing] - Moar imagez?!
[General Discussion] - Let's still talk about how MapleStory isn't as good as it used to be in the good old days.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've come to an agreement with MentaL.

The next section format will be:
Server Development (as suggested by Fraysa)
Other development, which will include a web dev section with releases, tutorials, help and development. It will also include another section with releases, tutorials, help and development for everything else (tools, IDA stuff etc.)

Some names will probably be changed.
WZ editing and the discussion section stays the same.

Scheduled for next wednesday (august 26th). Stay tuned.

Reaction score

Other development, which will include a web dev section with releases, tutorials, help and development. It will also include another section with releases, tutorials, help and development for everything else (tools, IDA stuff etc.)

Thank you and thanks to MentaL as well. I'm glad the community has lead a change and a fresh beginning to this section. I'll try to think of more ideas that would improve this section.

BloopBloop
Reaction score

Do you or retep or mental or , need help with finding threads that should be moved (ex: websites,tools,server releases etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back