View Poll Results: Which format do you like best?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current Format

3 7.14%
  • Fraysa's Format

39 92.86%

New Section Format

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    341Posts

Re: New Section Format

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by retep998 View Post
    I'd be pretty happy if we just had a good system of prefixes and the rules required that people use them and people actually did use them correctly.
    It wouldn't be hard (if there isn't already a setting in admincp) to create a quick plugin requiring a prefix for the thread to actually get posted.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    It wouldn't be hard (if there isn't already a setting in admincp) to create a quick plugin requiring a prefix for the thread to actually get posted.
    Exactly.

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,118Posts

I do support another format. However I won't just accept this format. I want some research about what is possibly the best format. I will think about several formats after this weekend. I don't have much time this weekend.

Also, if another formats gets accepted, then we will need to arrange some time to move a lot of threads.

tl;dr
    Some research and brainstorming together to get the best format is something I support.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavin0107 View Post
    can anyone tell me how to make pokemon system in lithium work cuz i try to go to a map have pokemon but there are no pokemon in that map
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    ps... if you dont like butterflys then ur a homo.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,325Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevintjuh93 View Post
    I do support another format. However I won't just accept this format. I want some research about what is possibly the best format. I will think about several formats after this weekend. I don't have much time this weekend.

Also, if another formats gets accepted, then we will need to arrange some time to move a lot of threads.

tl;dr
    Some research and brainstorming together to get the best format is something I support.
    Can we set a timeline? The last time(s) a new plan just sorta died out.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    Can we set a timeline? The last time(s) a new plan just sorta died out.
    I agree. When-ever we talk about changes to this section they never happen eventually because people take their time. I'm fine with your decision, @kevintjuh93, it's totally understandable, but it needs to happen soon or it'll die out like @greenelfx said.

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,118Posts

I'll make sure it does NOT die out.
    Let's say we have it sorted before seventh of August. I will be on a vacation to Spain then. With not much time to spend on the internet (ofcourse)
    Quote Originally Posted by mavin0107 View Post
    can anyone tell me how to make pokemon system in lithium work cuz i try to go to a map have pokemon but there are no pokemon in that map
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    ps... if you dont like butterflys then ur a homo.

SubscriberRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    1,905Posts

I was under the impression that the entire point of splitting the section originally between "java" and "everything else" was to promote "everything else", seeing as Java has a near monopoly on this section, and that anything written in any other language that wasn't immediately ready for general use would simply be pushed all the way down by everything written in java.

Personally, I think simply the addition of a Web Development section is good enough. You get to keep the original benefits of not drowning out non-Java stuff by dumping it all into one section in addition to avoiding the organizational troubles to reorganize the threads, and then also enforce new rules that most won't even bother following unless it is absolutely mandatory in the first place.

Just my thoughts.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    CaliforniaLocation
    572Posts

I like Fraysa

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
    I was under the impression that the entire point of splitting the section originally between "java" and "everything else" was to promote "everything else", seeing as Java has a near monopoly on this section, and that anything written in any other language that wasn't immediately ready for general use would simply be pushed all the way down by everything written in java.

Personally, I think simply the addition of a Web Development section is good enough. You get to keep the original benefits of not drowning out non-Java stuff by dumping it all into one section in addition to avoiding the organizational troubles to reorganize the threads, and then also enforce new rules that most won't even bother following unless it is absolutely mandatory in the first place.

Just my thoughts.
    The major problem with the Alternative Languages section (not talking about the mess with the web related threads) is that people rarely visit it, and threads that have to do with MapleStory server development (which are sometimes not even a language-related release) are thrown into there. So for example a IP Address list for Neckson's servers will be posted there - but it's not a language-related release!

However, with the new format you can put it into the Server Development section and tag it as whatever you want.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2008 Join Date
    1,094Posts

I am supportive with this idea, I like that Web Dev is getting it's own dedicated section and that the Discussion forums are moved back to it's original spot (I've always thought that having fragmented discussion sections was a stupid move).

I don't really care for the Alternative Languages section since the threads that are actually non web-dev related are so few and far in between.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

Another addition that would be cool is language-specific code tags instead of the generic one. But I guess that should be global. @MentaL it shouldn't take long :).

The OmegaRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    6,178Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraysa View Post
    -snip-
    So for the like release section, can we search via prefix to see all java, C, .Net etc

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    1,325Posts

So...any news on progress?

True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    Canada, QCLocation
    1,403Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenelfx View Post
    So...any news on progress?
    why would there be??

it doesn't take 3 weeks to setup some fucking forum sections and category unless you are terminally dumb; 30 mins at most is the time it should take to come to a conclusion and figure out a proper arrangement and categorization

however, it has come to my attention that the mods in this forum are lacking in brain capacity so we can't hope for much
    *Removed by RaGEZONE Staff*

Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,911Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oxysoft View Post
    why would there be??

it doesn't take 3 weeks to setup some fucking forum sections and category unless you are terminally dumb; 30 mins at most is the time it should take to come to a conclusion and figure out a proper arrangement and categorization

however, it has come to my attention that the mods in this forum are lacking in brain capacity so we can't hope for much
    How about that I moved home this month? Daughter just turned two and had to do a lot of stuff revolving that plus party arrangements, then onto consideration my other properties and business ventures outside of ragezone and finally not approving of the final changes. I always take a while to review section changes, have some consideration.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement